Fluorine

Charli XCX

In honor of today, here are the greatest performances we were gifted from the HIFN era

(rip to the full tidal performance being lost media - the P4U performance was one of her best)

honorable mention: this one was a mess with the stream not working but it was her first live performance of 7 years and I really loved it

On 5/13/2023 at 11:27 AM, xcxfan1 said:

How the hell does he get off with watching.....

I've been on a short hiatus and catching up; not to dredge up this topic too in depth, but a surprisingly large amount of people have absolutely messed up sexual tastes (recently, I think of Armie Hammer in conjunction with this). I think it takes a degree of sociopathy to stomach that content, and it takes a few more skill points allocated to actually get off on it.

I feel like a lot of the noise about sex crimes and scandals that floats out of the entertainment world is so...surface level, though, at the same time. Like I think that there's worse things people have done and are doing. People are willing to look the other way and say whatever they've got to say in order to stay in the game and "make it big", and I think some of the nastier shit stays buried and well guarded by "the powers that be". I think a lot more actors and actresses and stars and musicians probably have skeletons in their closet dirtier than this; more than we realize, and I think it's hard for everyone to "keep their hands clean" when it comes to associating with people in Hollywood. There's always a "dirty link" somewhere in the chain. Our faves aren't immune. The judgement I guess comes from "what happens when it goes public", and how does our fave(s) react or not react?

I wrote a whole long ass thesis and this was the best I could cut it down to.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

8 minutes ago, AtomicMess said:

I've been on a short hiatus and catching up; not to dredge up this topic too in depth, but a surprisingly large amount of people have absolutely messed up sexual tastes (recently, I think of Armie Hammer in conjunction with this). I think it takes a degree of sociopathy to stomach that content, and it takes a few more skill points allocated to actually get off on it.

I feel like a lot of the noise about sex crimes and scandals that floats out of the entertainment world is so...surface level, though, at the same time. Like I think that there's worse things people have done and are doing. People are willing to look the other way and say whatever they've got to say in order to stay in the game and "make it big", and I think some of the nastier shit stays buried and well guarded by "the powers that be". I think a lot more actors and actresses and stars and musicians probably have skeletons in their closet dirtier than this; more than we realize, and I think it's hard for everyone to "keep their hands clean" when it comes to associating with people in Hollywood. There's always a "dirty link" somewhere in the chain. Our faves aren't immune. The judgement I guess comes from "what happens when it goes public", and how does our fave(s) react or not react?

I wrote a whole long ass thesis and this was the best I could cut it down to.

It’s not just Hollywood, it happens all the time in real life- and not to brag but I can wholeheartedly say whilst i am a c*nt I have cut everyone off who I have had strong evidence to believe they did do something even if I enjoyed my time with them- people tend not to care I’ve noticed if it doesn’t directly affect them but it’s still wrong!

Anyone perched for charli x blessed Madonna 

1 hour ago, evalionisameme said:

It’s not just Hollywood, it happens all the time in real life

That's the portion of the show I cut out from my initial reply - I have lived a interesting life, and seen and done some interesting things, and while I personally have not engaged with that kind of material, or content that is of a similar nature (very abusive), I know several people who have - watching it, producing it, and/or being the subjects filmed in it. In their cases, all participants were consensual (and I don't want to kink shame but also like?????), but regardless of all parties willing involvement - that kind of content/activity is still souring to my stomach, to put it nicely. I've gently put distance between myself and those folks because of it.

I guess the point I wanted to make with all of that is that there are a LOT of folks. Like, a lot. That kind of content that depicts very violent/abusive acts? There's a lot out there. And a lot of people consume it. A lot. Like. A. Lot. And I've seen it/bumped against it firsthand. It's icky.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

1 hour ago, AtomicMess said:

That's the portion of the show I cut out from my initial reply - I have lived a interesting life, and seen and done some interesting things, and while I personally have not engaged with that kind of material, or content that is of a similar nature (very abusive), I know several people who have - watching it, producing it, and/or being the subjects filmed in it. In their cases, all participants were consensual (and I don't want to kink shame but also like?????), but regardless of all parties willing involvement - that kind of content/activity is still souring to my stomach, to put it nicely. I've gently put distance between myself and those folks because of it.

I guess the point I wanted to make with all of that is that there are a LOT of folks. Like, a lot. That kind of content that depicts very violent/abusive acts? There's a lot out there. And a lot of people consume it. A lot. Like. A. Lot. And I've seen it/bumped against it firsthand. It's icky.

We are definitely not unaware to how the reality is, social media will have you think that nobody except the lowest common denominator could be into some of the most demoralising material and I do mean some truly disturbing stuff that should warrant harsher legal sentences. The reality is I’ve seen many people who just lie and really are deranged 

21 hours ago, rollwithme said:

(rip to the full tidal performance being lost media - the P4U performance was one of her best)

the tidal performance is lost?????? this is why i shouldve joined this community sooner i would not have let that happen smh

they call me the xcx archivist the way i am archiving xcx

37 minutes ago, XCX Archivist said:

the tidal performance is lost?????? this is why i shouldve joined this community sooner i would not have let that happen smh

Yeah only 3 or 4 songs are posted online and the rest no one ever recorded (as far as I know). I think she performed every HIFN song plus some other tracks.

does anyone know charli's true feelings about sucker? like was this album what her label wanted her to be or was sucker something charli truly made and wanted to be at the moment???

I used to avoid sucker but this album isnt even as bad as people on twitter used to act like it was.. its too nostalgic 

1 minute ago, xcxfan1 said:

does anyone know charli's true feelings about sucker? like was this album what her label wanted her to be or was sucker something charli truly made and wanted to be at the moment???

I used to avoid sucker but this album isnt even as bad as people on twitter used to act like it was.. its too nostalgic 

body of my own and caught in the middle slay

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

sucker is a good album, break the rules is campy and fun, doing it is just the predecessor to girls night out, boom clap is the reason that any of us knows who she is dont lie, title track is a banger, london queen is silly and fun

they call me the xcx archivist the way i am archiving xcx