Fluorine

Charli XCX

8 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

None of the songs on that album sound anything like secret though- it’s more sweet escape if anything 

It literally sounds like Asking 4 It, Naughty, You're My Favorite, etc.

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

On 5/19/2023 at 4:20 PM, XCX Archivist said:

finally revisited true romance today for the first time in a while...its so good im so sorry i ever thought otherwise, ive been avoiding it cuz i could not get into it but it finally clicked for me today

literally threw the record on the player last night after my party was over and just vibed to it while everyone staying late was sobering up and it was just a whole ass mood

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

19 minutes ago, AtomicMess said:

literally threw the record on the player last night after my party was over and just vibed to it while everyone staying late was sobering up and it was just a whole ass mood

thats rite werent you one of the people who bought the repress when it appeared in hungary or some shit?

they call me the xcx archivist the way i am archiving xcx

7 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

It really wasn’t- the only thing it did do was innovate car noises but even that was a gimmick that had no impact retrospectively 

It opened the doors for her peers i.e. Caroline Polachek and Rebecca Black to branch out into obnoxious pots-and-pans music without losing an audience

It also opened the doors for str*ight men to start believing it's cool to enjoy Charli XCX because she's no longer pop enough to trigger their misogyny

Vroom Vroom and Secret are bangers tho

eating pure vagina

6 hours ago, FkaIl said:

It opened the doors for her peers i.e. Caroline Polachek and Rebecca Black to branch out into obnoxious pots-and-pans music without losing an audience

It also opened the doors for str*ight men to start believing it's cool to enjoy Charli XCX because she's no longer pop enough to trigger their misogyny

Vroom Vroom and Secret are bangers tho

Im sorry I prefer vroom vroom over pop 2 but even id have to admit that her hyperpop influence comes from that album and not vroom vroom-and you can hear it in those records.

I’m also not really sure about the Caroline comparison at all who is not hyper pop or vroom vroom influenced- her sound is art pop and trip hop influenced 

11 hours ago, FkaIl said:

what in the shane dawson conspiracy is this :whoopi:

anyways Dua Lipa is the main artist and theme song singer of the Barbie movie; we lost, Charli should've finished and submitted the Barbie Girl remix sooner, a cunty movie is gonna be tainted by music that doesn't serve cunt the way it should

eating pure vagina

14 hours ago, XCX Archivist said:

thats rite werent you one of the people who bought the repress when it appeared in hungary or some shit?

Ding ding. I saw it. I bought it. Didn't care if it was boot or leaky product (which we now know to be the case), I had to have it.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

2 hours ago, FkaIl said:

anyways Dua Lipa is the main artist and theme song singer of the Barbie movie; we lost, Charli should've finished and submitted the Barbie Girl remix sooner, a cunty movie is gonna be tainted by music that doesn't serve cunt the way it should

there's no way that Barbie Girl song would've ever been considered for that movie bshdf

qfrWuBl.png

48 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

there's no way that Barbie Girl song would've ever been considered for that movie bshdf

we needed ridiculous girly synthpop/hyperpop anthems to complement the aesthetics of neon pink dollhouses, feminist misandrist utopia, pregnant Midge, Barbie as portrayed by Harley Quinn herself, Mattel's villain arc, etc.

Dua Lipa simply can't deliver that, and anyone who says "what about [insert Future Nostalgia track here]" is getting blocked :true:

eating pure vagina

9 hours ago, Chorli Xbox said:

what in the shane dawson conspiracy is this :whoopi:

I've established a brand and now is my time to spew controversial statements ala Doja Cat

HIFN is Charli's weakest album by far, to a point it would only be topped (bottomed?) if she were to release 24 Hours officially, and her strongest is True Romance

eating pure vagina