Fluorine

Charli XCX

10 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

DW I just enjoy being a c*nt

ME THO.

There's just something fun about being a dismissive hag who's quick to bin a song or body of work just because you didn't like one little cymbal in the instrumental, ok?

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

2 minutes ago, heatwaves said:

i'll b on my death bed and i'm gonna be all "hifn should've been 14 songs" 

what happened to ihatg and if i cried and breathe out full version

they call me the xcx archivist the way i am archiving xcx

10 hours ago, AtomicMess said:

My hot take is that anything originating pre-80s that isn't the voice of some powerful operatic singer is pure shit. I do not vibe with the music. I do not vibe with the energy. I do not vibe, period. My library starts and diversifies in the 80s and moves forward, and that's the line of musical and cultural demarcation for me.

Jail for this post, honestly secondhand embarrassment.

11 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

I’m guessing you’re not into Lanas discog then 💀

I like lots of music pre 80s tbh- I just don’t get the velvet underground hype- the music was just not that great compared to their contemporaries- even Nancy Sinatra was putting out better albums with her covers.

11 hours ago, AtomicMess said:

My hot take is that anything originating pre-80s that isn't the voice of some powerful operatic singer is pure shit. I do not vibe with the music. I do not vibe with the energy. I do not vibe, period. My library starts and diversifies in the 80s and moves forward, and that's the line of musical and cultural demarcation for me.

Are you guys absolutely insane? Most of the best music of all time came before 1980. You guys just sound like mainstream pop stans who can’t stand anything with grit or a bit of fire. 

TVU along with Lou Reed and John Cale’s solo work are some of the most revolutionary music ever. Heroin, Venus in Furs, Sweet Jane, Walk On The Wildside, CONEY ISLAND BABY, Walk on The Wild Side,  Caroline Says II, Perfect Day, like HELLO??? No its not some benign sht rolled in glitter, sorry but if you DO want that from pre-80s… DAVID FCKING BOWIE:defeated:

Not to mention the entirety of the Beatles discography and their respective solo material being some of the most inventive music ever created. Leonard Cohen, Kate Bush, Pink fucking Floyd, The Stooges, Jefferson Airplame, Roy Harper, JONI FCKING MITCHELL, Roxy Music, Iggy Pop, ALL OF PUNK ROCK and the start of post-punk… I mean COME ON… Talking Heads. Krautrock, Psych Rock, Prog Rock and so much more 

Also on the electronic side Kraftwerk, Throbbing Gristle, Silver Apples

Im sorry I just can’t believe how dismissive yall are :deadbanana: