Fluorine

Charli XCX

17 minutes ago, LunaeManifestum said:

:bye:

hmmmm

nope

fixed

i was joking btw (like always)

but honestly, i don’t dislike Cloud Aura. It’s one of the first heavily autotuned songs from her and that’s why it’s iconic! :true:

i think royals might her worst 

3 hours ago, Chorli Xbox said:

i was joking btw (like always)

but honestly, i don’t dislike Cloud Aura. It’s one of the first heavily autotuned songs from her and that’s why it’s iconic! :true:

i think royals might her worst 

i know you were joking :hooker:. Btw personally Cloud Aura serves some vibe but I just think its not on par with the others and indeed Royals was her worst

had a dream last night that Charli XCX was a menace with her sidekick Rita Ora. They enjoyed driving around in such vehicles as a pink/blue car advertising the release of Break the Rules + an ice cream truck with obnoxious SUCKER decals, while terrorizing the nation. I was investigating the case at a local police station when I faintly heard the beats of 'Sucker' coming from the direction of a mail delivery man, before his head Explode-d with colorful confetti in front of the whole crew

while in disguise, I infiltrated her gang and helped to create a diversion so she could steal a collection of yellow buckets from a warehouse; what were the buckets for? time will tell...

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

What’s your favorite and least favorite Charli cover art out of all her album/mixtape releases?

my favorite is Pop 2 because of how simple and perfect it works with the sound of the album

my least favorite is Charli mainly because the gray shadows as the background paired with the text on the side makes it unpleasant to look at

3 hours ago, rollwithme said:

What’s your favorite and least favorite Charli cover art out of all her album/mixtape releases?

my favorite is Pop 2 because of how simple and perfect it works with the sound of the album

my least favorite is Charli mainly because the gray shadows as the background paired with the text on the side makes it unpleasant to look at

Sucker. Almost the entire photoshoot is unflattering and suppppper Cheap looking.

I love the shot of her in the pool Floatie tho!

EDIT: my fav is CRASH bc of the vision :nails: so finely executed. Dont get me wrong, the amount of detail and love in the P2/N1A covers is there, but the illustrative design makes them feel almost too "isolated" for me. CRASH is doing it out in the world with that moment. Served up her entire career's head on a platter and made us all spit fire from our *rses!

43 minutes ago, FkaIl said:

had a dream last night that Charli XCX was a menace with her sidekick Rita Ora. They enjoyed driving around in such vehicles as a pink/blue car advertising the release of Break the Rules + an ice cream truck with obnoxious SUCKER decals, while terrorizing the nation. I was investigating the case at a local police station when I faintly heard the beats of 'Sucker' coming from the direction of a mail delivery man, before his head Explode-d with colorful confetti in front of the whole crew

while in disguise, I infiltrated her gang and helped to create a diversion so she could steal a collection of yellow buckets from a warehouse; what were the buckets for? time will tell...

I think they had plans to sabotage a Dua Lipa festival performance but I don't have the details

eating pure vagina

1 hour ago, rollwithme said:

Best: Crash, it's just so good, both the deluxe and the standard

Worst: Probably the Vroom Vroom EP considering how good the photoshoot was vs. what we ended up getting as a cover

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

19 hours ago, rollwithme said:

True Romance perfectly encapsulates the album IMO. I love it so much. Similarly, I love Pop 2. You know Charli’s about to eat when she’s in front of a plain white background with a black and purple colour scheme :gurl:

I really dislike Charli on the other hand. It feels so half baked. 

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

24 minutes ago, FkaIl said:

when and why would this ever actually be the cover; I think it was just always a placeholder

It was put on the iTunes preorder from what I remember and also on the promo cd she sold on tour with the singles

it always felt way more punk and I remember reading somewhere at the time that the label wanted her face on the cover for recognition but it was years ago so I can’t fact check unfortunately

6 minutes ago, rollwithme said:

It was put on the iTunes preorder from what I remember and also on the promo cd she sold on tour with the singles

it always felt way more punk and I remember reading somewhere at the time that the label wanted her face on the cover for recognition but it was years ago so I can’t fact check unfortunately

The lettering looks like a Photoshop replica of the exact lettering that was drawn on the sucker in the official album cover, so I think this was more just a promo/placeholder thing really; kinda like how initial pre-orders for Gaga's Chromatica album used a placeholder graphic of the sine wave without Gaga

eating pure vagina

4 minutes ago, FkaIl said:

The lettering looks like a Photoshop replica of the exact lettering that was drawn on the sucker in the official album cover, so I think this was more just a promo/placeholder thing really; kinda like how initial pre-orders for Gaga's Chromatica album used a placeholder graphic of the sine wave without Gaga

You might be right but the fact remains that this promo image looked 100x better than the official imo