Fluorine

Charli XCX

mte...they've been hyping it as a side to Charli we've never heard before but lbr Lorde and Simon Le Bon are Boom Clap stans and don't know all the different ways she's sung before

That's kind of what I was thinking.. It's not as if Charli hasn't sung dark and emotional songs before so I don't know what "new side" of her to expect... It sounds like the song will have a heavier focus on This Le Bon guy than I hoped though... And also he made it sound like he's the sole writer and wrote her part for her.

Yes you can preorder, no the songs will be gradually rolled out

*bubble popped*

Shit. I was about to go bat shit. 

Charlotte better start rolling out those tracks though......

She's gotta get this moving......

......because these live performances...

:awkney2:

That's kind of what I was thinking.. It's not as if Charli hasn't sung dark and emotional songs before so I don't know what "new side" of her to expect... It sounds like the song will have a heavier focus on This Le Bon guy than I hoped though... And also he made it sound like he's the sole writer and wrote her part for her.

Charli would never...She's a London queen...

Found the article: https://sg.entertainment.yahoo.com/blogs/music-news/boy-on-film--simon-le-bon-talks-surprise--hunger-games--soundtrack-appearance-210700658.html

Surprised to see Simon Le Bon's name in the credits of the forthcoming Hunger Games: Mockingjay Pt. I soundtrack? So is he.

"I got a call from [my manager] who said, 'You're not going to believe this, Simon, but there's a slot for you to do a duet with Charli XCX for the new Hunger Games film," says the Duran Duran frontman. "I said, 'Great!' It was just a dead 'yes.' What an opportunity!

"I'm a big fan of Charli XCX," Le Bon continues. "I think she's got something very special. And then I'm told that Rostam Batmanglij was producing itI really like [batmanglij's band] Vampire Weekend and their sound. I don't know whose idea it was, but it's a bloody good one."

The pairing for a song called "Kingdom," which is credited to Charli XCX feat. Simon Le Bon was the brainchild of none other than Lorde, the soundtrack's curator, according to the Kiwi's publisher, Ron Perry, of Songs Music Publishing. "She's a Duran Duran fan," he says.

Although Le Bon, who just turned 56, and 17-year-old Grammy-winner Lorde have yet to meet in person, "we've been emailing each other," he says. "She's very vocal, very communicative."

Le Bon describes "Kingdom" as "really differentvery out-there." Musically, it has "a nursery-rhyme sort of melody," he says, but, lyrically, it's "very, very, very dark." Charli XCX sounds "like this beautiful little caged bird singing. I played against the innocence, sweetness, and naivetéI'm the dark lord in the [lyrics] I wrote. She's the lightness and I'm the slightly scary thing."

The two singers recorded their parts separately. "It all happened really quickly," Le Bon says. "I was in New York for Fashion Rocks [on Sept. 9], and I went into the studio the next day with Rostam. It was very easy to record I was only in the studio for about two and a half hours. I hope to get more job offers like this. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I'm available!"

Coincidentally, Duran Duran had extended an invitation to Charli earlier this year to contribute vocals to their next album, Le Bon says. "[Duran keyboardist] Nick [Rhodes] shot photos of her for a magazine. He's been trying to get her to come and make a guest appearance, but it was just not practical due to logistical matters."

Other artists assembled by Lorde for the Hunger Games: Mockingjay Pt. I soundtrack include Grace Jones, the Chemical Brothers, Chvrches, the Lumineers, Diplo, and Miguel. The soundtrack will be released on Nov.17, four days ahead of the film, which is the third in the Hunger Game series.

"Funnily enough, I'm a very big Jennifer Lawrence fan," Le Bon says. "I'm a little bit obsessed."

I love her and I can't wait for Sucker... but she kinda blew it with releasing this on December instead of October, seems like her momentum is about to die soon.

I hope this album is not a big let down, TR was great to me even though we heard like half of the album years/months prior the release.

I'm here for Charli tho :)

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Um a bit ago at the EMAs Charli was asked if there would be any collaborations on Sucker, and she said yeah there may be a couple from her favorite female pop artist.

We all know what that means

tumblr_inline_ne2ferdLSq1qhg0kw.gif