Fluorine

Charli XCX

Counting on you for tha link, Madrigal. Can't wait!

While I'm here, was wondering: what are tracks like "Valentine" from? Leaked songs, or are they all from some sort of release?

Counting on you for tha link, Madrigal. Can't wait!

While I'm here, was wondering: what are tracks like "Valentine" from? Leaked songs, or are they all from some sort of release?

She hasn't had a leak...yet. :P

"Valentine" was up on MySpace in '08-'09, but was taken down and went "missing" until Charli reported it as a free Valentines Day download on her SoundCloud in February.

"I'll Never Know" is a promo song she did for...Red Bull? I don't remember, but it's another SoundCloud thingy.

And all the old songs we have are either from Bebo or from people who saved them....hopefully there will be more soon.

Valentine has been on repeat today..... again.

I think I should download more of her stuff

so far Ive heard:

Valentine

Nuclear Seasons

Cloud Aura (? idk if thats the name)

Francheskar

Earthquakes mixtape

--

What songs do you recommend? :P

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

:woot: Very excited!

so far Ive heard:

Valentine

Nuclear Seasons

Francheskar

Earthquakes mixtape

--

Art Bitch, Train in Vain, and Neon Fashion and Glowstix are must-hears, in my opinion.

so far Ive heard:

Valentine

Nuclear Seasons

Francheskar

Earthquakes mixtape

--

Start with "Stay Away!" "You're The One" is great too, and, if you want, I can help you out with anything else. ;)

Art Bitch, Train in Vain, and Neon Fashion and Glowstix are must-hears, in my opinion.

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!

Thoughts on Super Ultra:

• 'Cloud Aura' - Brooke is definitely the star here, and it's definitely grown on me a ton since I first heard it.
  • 'Moments in Love' - Some of Charli's flow here reminds me of Lana's on the A$AP collab. I like it, but it's such a nothing song.
  • 'Velvet Dreaming' - Ewwww? I don't like the intro...wait. It's actually getting better. Kinda. Just another mediocre experiment track. Honestly, if she doesn't mind releasing these songs, why does she mind her old music getting out so much?!
  • 'Dance 4 U' - Ignoring the mildly annoying loooped sample, I like it! OH! Haha...the Bieber reference is certainly amuzing.
  • 'Glow' - Ooh, trippy.
  • 'Heatwave' - Gahh! Finally, a real Charli track. :3 I really like it. Her vocals fit the music perfectly...voice smooth like syrup, and almost slutty. o_O
  • *Skips the remix*
  • "Forgiveness" - Not what I was expecting!!!! A ballad, on here? I love the idea. The song itself isn't an immediate favourite, but it's definitely of a higher calliber than several of the other tracks here.

Thoughts on Super Ultra:

• 'Cloud Aura' - Brooke is definitely the star here, and it's definitely grown on me a ton since I first heard it.
  • 'Moments in Love' - Some of Charli's flow here reminds me of Lana's on the A$AP collab. I like it, but it's such a nothing song.
  • 'Velvet Dreaming' - Ewwww? I don't like the intro...wait. It's actually getting better. Kinda. Just another mediocre experiment track. Honestly, if she doesn't mind releasing these songs, why does she mind her old music getting out so much?!
  • 'Dance 4 U' - Ignoring the mildly annoying loooped sample, I like it! OH! Haha...the Bieber reference is certainly amuzing.
  • 'Glow' - Ooh, trippy.
  • 'Heatwave' - Gahh! Finally, a real Charli track. :3 I really like it. Her vocals fit the music perfectly...voice smooth like syrup, and almost slutty. o_O
  • *Skips the remix*
  • "Forgiveness" - Not what I was expecting!!!! A ballad, on here? I love the idea. The song itself isn't an immediate favourite, but it's definitely of a higher calliber than several of the other tracks here.

Uh-oh, nervous to listen (having trouble tearing myself away from Paradise). I suppose it's only a mixtape. I like most of her other tracks more than her first mixtape, too. (Although Grins is a jam.)

Uh-oh, nervous to listen (having trouble tearing myself away from Paradise). I suppose it's only a mixtape. I like most of her other tracks more than her first mixtape, too. (Although Grins is a jam.)

It's worth a listen, and I'm sure it will grow on me. "Heatwave" is easily as good as "Grins--" it's like a tropical sex song. :3

I definitely agree about the quality of the mixtape tracks...with few exceptions, it really feels like she was just playing around for the most part. But stellar tracks like "Stay Away" and "Lock You Up" make up for it, or at least they will when she finally releases her (second) debut.

From what I've seen, the tracklisting could go something like....

• Black Roses
  • Take My Hand
  • You
  • You're the One
  • Feel My Pain
  • Lock You Up
  • Stay Away
  • Nuclear Seasons
  • Interior

With the two songs that will (finally!) be released on the 'Elfie Hopkins' soundtrack, and then "Mess" [which honestly doesn't fit anywhere-bizarre track!], we almost have an album already!

I hope she does another Valentines giveaway. I'm dying inside for either version of "Jungle!!!!" </3

Charli-XCX-Super-Ultra.jpg

01 Cloud Aura [ft. Brooke Candy] (Produced by J£zus Million)

02 Moments in Love (Produced by Art of Noise)

03 Velvet Dreaming (Luv) (Produced by Giraffage)

04 Dance 4 U (Produced by Sinjin Hawke)

05 Glow (Produced by Baths)

06 Heatwave (Produced by Jackson)

07 Cold Nites Remix (Produced by How to Dress Well)

08 Forgiveness (Produced by Jakwob)

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

I downloaded the Super Ultra mixtape and I gotta say, I love it a lot more than the Heartsbreaks and Earthquakes mixtape. Still very hooked on Cloud Aura, I just love the sample she did on it. I noticed she sampled others song this mixtape and it's quite refreshing hearing these samplings because it's quite nostalgic. I'm a sucker for nostalgia so kudos to Charli XCX for impressing me.

What has she said about her songs getting out?

Is it just me, or does this look nothing like her?

:O

tumblr_md60jmJn5a1r3ptbfo1_1280.png

I like when she puts on a lot of makeup :creep:

Idk, her face can really handle it.

Aaah, I need more old pictures of her to satisfy my craving.

While I'm on that subject, Madrigal, the set your avatar is from is quite something, 'ey?

What?!? I had no idea there was a full set from it! O _ O It's easily my favourite picture of her, but I couldn't find it in HQ anywhere, much less the original source. If you could point me in the right direction, I'd be incredibly obliged. :3

There's a very old Flash-Slideshow Daisy took of her on one of the older archived MySpaces....I think it has pictures that aren't anywhere else. I wish I could find a way to download it, but I can't!

[/font]

Oh, you're in luck then! HQ version of your avatar (3072x2304), as for the rest of the set, try this, it should continue onto the next page. There's also lots of other old photos of her performing too, if you go a bit forward.

I totally didn't spend hours looking or anything.

You're in luck again! I saved the images from that a couple of weeks ago (if you're curious, I searched the browser cache.) Anyway, would you like me to zip the images for you, or upload them to imgur or something?

Thank you for that! :D Totally wasn't expecting that pic of the naked guy a few pages later... :toofloppy:

I would love if you could do that for me...either would be great. :3 Thanks so much!