Fluorine

Charli XCX

I can't believe she's starting over. All these great songs are going to forever be a part of a secret unreleased charli xcx album, that's so fucking dope.

It makes me love the songs even more just knowing that they'll never see the light of day. The fact that some of her best work is kept a secret for die hard fans only. 

I just wish I could show support for charli with these songs. I would've easily paid for the music. 

everyone knew the album was scrapped in like august but i feel like this is the first time it's been addressed on a public scale no? she tweeted about how some songs leaked so she would be starting the album over but other than that she's been pretty hush about it. 

i don't really understand why she wouldn't release these songs, even for free, if she was happy with them though. i wish she had picked a few faves and released a free EP. the songs leaked anyways, and they're GOOD so it does make me sad to think about the fact that she won't be able to profit or benefit from them in any way, even if it's just some recognition that she's a pop legend who should be paid attention to

Wait when did she say she's starting over?? I haven't checked on here all day so I'm lost

“My email got hacked and people leaked most of it, so I think I’m just going to start again,” she explains, “But that’s fun for me, anyway. I write fast so I’m not really worried about anything.”

i get the impression that she said this a few months ago, i feel like she's over the leaks now

I don't even care she's starting over tbh, it means we're gonna hear more songs. We already got the amazing Number 1 Angel this year, along with some amazing XCX3 leaks. When Round + Round, Taxi, CTMP HD and No Angel leak I'll be satisfied

FzytWEW.png

i'm wondering if any of the unleaked tracks she's recorded this year will make it onto the new xcx3. she has an entire album she made in a day that is probably really good, and the songs she's performed recently-ish like wanna get fucked up and party for you are such bops. none of them have leaked or show any signs of leaking (kill me) so i wonder if she would consider throwing them on the xcx3 tracklist. i guess that depends on the direction she's going though (and whether or not she's actually completely starting from scratch) because i feel like right now nobody really has any idea what she's going to do next, musically speaking. 

I've said it before but I really prefer her more PC Music inspired work. I think she manages to make PC Music more accessible, while still keeping it quirky. I find it to be her most interesting and exciting stuff personally but I do think her True Romance stuff was incredible lyric wise. I'd love to see her do a kind of moody autotuned hip hop inspired album in the future (along the lines of Dreamer, Blame It On U, etc).

Ooh yessss moody hip hop meets the darker songs on N1A and TR meets her iconic rap-talking

tumblr_nj1xnd5Sgi1si2rsno2_r1_500.gif