Fluorine

Charli XCX

y'all are reading pretty deep into this title.

my idea (which i think is a pretty solid one

if i do say so myself) is that the title is "pop 2"

for 2 reasons, either both or one or the other.

a) it has to do with it being her second mixtape.

no. "1" angel was her first, and her second is pop "2"

maybe she's gonna do a playful number thing with

all her mixtape titles (i.e. the third will have a "3")

b) "pop 2" is defining the new style of pop that

charli is bringing to the mainstream. this is the new

wave-- the second wave-- of pop music that she's

bringing to the forefront. this idea seems most likely

to me and is what i interpreted as in the beginning.

her and SOPHIE and all her collaborators are pursuing

a new, very fun way of not only producing, but releasing

music. "pop 2" is representing this next gen of pop.

tumblr_p615xzBWT11x3xtvio2_500.gif?w=670

y'all are reading pretty deep into this title.

my idea (which i think is a pretty solid one

if i do say so myself) is that the title is "pop 2"

for 2 reasons, either both or one or the other.

a) it has to do with it being her second mixtape.

no. "1" angel was her first, and her second is pop "2"

maybe she's gonna do a playful number thing with

all her mixtape titles (i.e. the third will have a "3")

b) "pop 2" is defining the new style of pop that

charli is bringing to the mainstream. this is the new

wave-- the second wave-- of pop music that she's

bringing to the forefront. this idea seems most likely

to me and is what i interpreted as in the beginning.

her and SOPHIE and all her collaborators are pursuing

a new, very fun way of not only producing, but releasing

music. "pop 2" is representing this next gen of pop.

*says "y'all are reading too much into the title" whilst giving two in-depth prospections for the title*

nobody is complaining, it's a discussion. charli releasing a bunch of music means i'm forbidden from having an opinion on the title of her new mixtape???? ok sis

LMFAOOO imagine being so pressedt over a joke

it really wasn't that serious but go off

charles generous queen of giving content 2 her gays

agree! ok but how did I just realize your profile pic is the cover to the cultural phenomenon of an album that brought us the worldwide #1 chart-topping breakout hit "Kissin U"? I always saw it was miranda cosgrove but sparks fly?? legends only!

*says "y'all are reading too much into the title" whilst giving two in-depth prospections for the title*

LISTEN lmao 

they weren't even that in depth

they were pretty surface level. 

i was talking about the ones going

into what pop means and the 

way it sounds and all that

tumblr_p615xzBWT11x3xtvio2_500.gif?w=670

ok but for real guys....anyone hear listen or have heard of kim petras? i heard her first single months ago and i havnt stopped with her. I love her sound and cant wait for this collab. i was shocked. charli xcx and kim petras :O im happy and excited is all im saying.  

anyone else listen or knew of kim before this song?

ok but for real guys....anyone hear listen or have heard of kim petras? i heard her first single months ago and i havnt stopped with her. I love her sound and cant wait for this collab. i was shocked. charli xcx and kim petras :O im happy and excited is all im saying.  

i know she's trans, german and works w/dr luke .

yeah! i found out about her through LIZ (who is super sweet and makes bops!) a few months ago. her song hills is incredible  :defeated:

Yes! I've heard her song I Don't Want It All and I was obsessed same with Jay Park. I knew his music since 2016 :)

This collab is gonna kill me  :deadbanana:

xo

Ok unpopular opinion, but I think A.G. is a really lazy producer and it's holding her back. I know the mixtapes were made quickly, but instrumentals typically barely change and don't usually build up to anything around the chorus.

Maybe you're right, but we've heard only one song. Let's wait for the next one today, and then we'll see if you're completely right or not. :P

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

Ok unpopular opinion, but I think A.G. is a really lazy producer and it's holding her back. I know the mixtapes were made quickly, but instrumentals typically barely change and don't usually build up to anything around the chorus.

Maybe you're right, but we've heard only one song. Let's wait for the next one today, and then we'll see if you're completely right or not. :P

No, he’s referring to N1A too. I kinda agree—it’s just weird because A. G. is capable of making super creative / different sounding stuff (GFOTY’s album, for example), but then “White Roses” and “Blame It On You” are incredibly watered down. I think in the effort to make Charli’s music more commercial, they’re working with inherently basic instrumentals.

No, he’s referring to N1A too. I kinda agree—it’s just weird because A. G. is capable of making super creative / different sounding stuff (GFOTY’s album, for example), but then “White Roses” and “Blame It On You” are incredibly watered down. I think in the effort to make Charli’s music more commercial, they’re working with inherently basic instrumentals.

Oh, I thought he was talking about Pop 2.

My favorite on N1A is White Roses, IDK. :defeated:

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

ugh slow it down is the song of the century

btw she's trans but passes as a woman because she started treatment and had sex surgery before hitting puberty, that's why her voice is so feminine btw

giphy.gif

Oh, I thought he was talking about Pop 2.

My favorite on N1A is White Roses, IDK. :defeated:

No, same! I love it! I just agree that A. G. is capable of such more interesting production.