Fluorine

Charli XCX

lol I was just about to say

I'm pretty sure all umru did was add sound effects  :rip:

yes. he confirmed this, he said he worked on "sound design."

it wasn't for another artist, it was in sweden called Camp Skimret (early 2015) where Charli was with Sophie, Noonie, and miike snow producer Pontus Winnberg for a week. they made tons of songs together and kept what they wanted, pitched the rest that they didn't. that's where she wrote most of XCX3 including the vroom vroom EP.

What about "Sticky?" And what songs did Pontus work on? Confused because I don't recall seeing his name in conjunction with any of the other ones that were from around that time...

Ooh interesting! Are there any other particular songs from that camp that we know about besides the XCX3/VV songs?

as diplo said pop the balloons, theme park as well

but other than that I'm not sure

@@diplo knows better than me but I thought Pop the Balloons was earlier, late 2014--thought they worked on it later, apparently, too. Both times for pitch.

Sticky was early 2015, as well as Come to My Party--since both were with MNDR I think they might've been from those sessions, but again @@diplo would know better. 

I don't think "most" of the XCX3 songs were from those sessions if you're counting the leaks--"Good Girls" & CYHM, likely, but weren't the Stargate/BloodPop sessions that SOPHIE helped with a little bit later?  :ohno:  :ohno:  :ohno:  :ohno: 

we

Well that was painful to listen to. Especially 2:36, that's not even a high note for her voice. She used to be able to hit notes like that with no problem. I wish she'd stop screaming at parties. It doesn't help that she's had laryngitis and other throat/sickness problems in the past year or so. Does anyone else remember when she had to go on vocal rest (I think it was around the time of the nylon japan set), and that clip of her gargling water before going on stage?

the autotune is really... a lot... but the non-autotune version is a banger 

can you link the non autotune version?

"it's pretty nice

except for that singing but

she doesn't know how to sing"

IS THAT WHAT I JUST HEARD HER SAY AT 2:28? WDJSFSFKJSDLFK :deadbanana:

NO OMG she said something like "sorry I'm not saying much but I don't know what to say", I don't know the exact words and I don't wanna go back but yeah no that's not what she said

I know y'all like the heavy vocoloid autotune shtick and it's cute but it's gonna get old fast for me personally.. I'm gonna still bop but I miss charli's real voice that was so full of  emotion and raw energy like her vocals in set me free, white roses, you're the one GET ME

TEAAA her voice is so emotive and has such a beautiful tone in some of her songs, the heavy autotune makes me feel so disconnected from the song and I can't get in the zone. It's just too distracting for me. It's like I'm hearing the google translate bot try to imitate charli xcx 

FkUbnwC.jpg

Do you have a link to crashing cars? + there's also Secret, and she said (in the "and the writer is" podcast) that there are a few songs she didn't write much of on Sucker. 

so who's buying generation braindead of music mafia for 400 dollars?

@@Rose Garden Dreams because 90% of his posts are about that damn song omg bless his heart

why are you gays rlly trying to come for HBHG? of course it was never that girl at first because it was over shined by y'all foaming at the bussy for taxi which is TIRED and an example of real herd mentality, a group of gays celebrating a good pop song isn't herd mentality it's called collectively having taste and bringing skinny songs that need their accolades to the lime light, thank you

Whitney+Houston+at+Pre-GRAMMY+Gala_mpeg2

ok so I know I'm late on this but you also didn't mention me so I forgot about it...  anyways, I'm not sure what your point was with Taxi? Yes it's a little tired - the skinny sis has been replayed thousands of times on every gays' phone, so that's expected - but Taxi still reigns as the H.B.I.C. of the Exchange tracks. The nonstop frenzy over Taxi was completely deserved. Like I said, HBHG isn't a bad song, but it's just strange that all of a sudden everyone's like OMG HGHBHGHBHGHB... she never was that girl. The only reason y'all even hyped her up in the first place is because she was the only exchange girl left that the gays haven't overplayed into oblivion. It's like if lanaboards only became besties with HGHB because Taxi, TKO, and No Angel moved schools.   

Yeah lmao what a collab, I can't believe they worked together, Linda scares me!  :cuteface:  :cuteface: 

Why does Linda scare you?

does anyone have that picture of charli edited to be holding a gun on them? can't seem to find it anywhere

pm me, I have it on my phone

Well that was painful to listen to. Especially 2:36, that's not even a high note for her voice. She used to be able to hit notes like that with no problem. I wish she'd stop screaming at parties. It doesn't help that she's had laryngitis and other throat/sickness problems in the past year or so. Does anyone else remember when she had to go on vocal rest (I think it was around the time of the nylon japan set), and that clip of her gargling water before going on stage?

this is actually decent for her voice she had worse mic feeds through some of the sucker era her voice has been on and off since after true romance tbh

I'm in the process of organizing all my Charli files and PHEW!! Summer Love is a BOP! I wish it was made into a fully fleshed out song  :flutter: I love when she flips the subject from herself to the person she's singing about from the 1st verse to the 2nd verse: ''open me up until I come undone / open you up until you come undone". It seems like those are some of her best songs! Need Ur Luv and 3AM do the same thing but instead of flipping subjects she flips the narrative in the bridges!

this is actually decent for her voice she had worse mic feeds through some of the sucker era her voice has been on and off since after true romance tbh

Decent? Boys has a range of like 4 notes for the majority of the song, so it'd be hard to not sound decent, especially when the mic is autotuned (it sounded like it was). I think Camila uses a tuned mic as well (from the couple TV performances I've seen), but Camila actually keeps a consistent tone, which Charli doesn't. It's super obvious when you listen to the background vocals compared to her dull husky tone live. I saw a vocal coach video where the coach said that it's common for people with vocal damage to pull their larynx down because it's hard for them to keep their voice stable otherwise. I feel like that might be what's going on with the dull tone. And then when she goes higher her voice starts to sound really hoarse and dry. Just listen to what her voice does when she screams at the audience in concerts: it has a gravel-y crackled quality to it.

But I feel like the sound engineers also need to make the mic more sensitive in some cases, so she doesn't have to sacrifice tonal quality in order to project. The other day, I think I figured out why Boom Clap sounds bad live (save for a couple performances). In the studio, she's singing breathy and soft in the verses, but everything sounds rather level because that's how studio mics work. But when she performs it on a tv show or in a stadium or whatever, it's hard for the mic to account for the change in volume from the verses to the chorus; the mic isn't on a sensitive enough setting to pick up low levels of sound, so she has to sing in a different part of her voice to not be drowned out by the instrumental. 

Just my theories