Fluorine

Charli XCX

oh my god shut uuuuuuuupppp about round & round already how does this not count as spam at this point

We sat through literal years of people blasting this thread with messages about leaking tko, taxi, and HBHB so I think you all can live with the collective maybe 10 posts that were made about r&r in the past 24 hours.

locals love charli but they don't fucking stream/buy it

Too busy occupied with T. Swift, Ariana, Cardi, Imagine "Generic" Dragons, mumble rap, etc. etc.

It's apparently what the industry wants people to listen to, so that's what people get, I guess? They push what they want... Idk...

i feel like the conversation already ended but if she left atlantic she could maybe go to neon gold records, she’s already close with Liz Paplinger or Palpinger or something, who owns (?) it, and they’re usually really old about giving artists creative freedom although they are on the smaller side. charli is used to no budget for herself i guess but idk what they could offer her in terms of songwriting contracts. also. i know nothing about the industry so i might be talking out of my ass

CAUSE jGMRpR5.gif YOUR jGMRpR5.gif LOVE jGMRpR5.gif TAKING ME HIGH jGMRpR5.gifjGMRpR5.gif

I WANNA BE UR GIRL jGMRpR5.gif

WHEWWWW THE SERVE

charli should join vroom vroom recordings!!  :toofunny:

in all seriousness why can't charli just release tracks on vroom vroom recordings? i know it's part of atlantic but the whole point of it is "next level pop" and they DID let her release vroom vroom through it. maybe this is totally dumb but idk

another boom clap wouldn’t be a hit in 2018. idk maybe she needs to be featured in a popolar movie again or something to get a hit. or maybe try with some collabs with generic artists? i really don’t know at this point cause she made a song with cardi b and rita ora and it didn’t really smash so... it’s hard imagining her smashing today. rip

pop is just kind of a dying market as far as top 40 goes. when boom clap was at its peak charli was competing with artists like meghan trainor and jessie j, whereas the top performing artists right now are travis scott, post malone, etc. charli can collab with as many soundcloud rappers as she wants, she's still a pop artist. pop music is of course not going anywhere but she was already kind of fringe when it was what everyone was listening to, so where does that leave her now?

there were many reasons why the album was scrapped, and this was one of them. atlantic didn't necessarily care for the actual album sound, they wanted something more like boom clap which would get charli more mainstream success and one last hit before she left the label contract (only if she didn't renew her contract though), but things have changed since early 2017 and she's on great terms with the label now! :)

What's the news on her album? Is she working on one album?

bIZyMFi.gif