Fluorine

Charli XCX

i think the version we have is more finished than the Sxsw version someone correct me if im wrong. Someone told here that the sxsw version is slower and kinda dead sounding idk

The biggest things for me are those loud "frizzy" synths in the intro and bridge... I really don't like them, especially in regards to this song. The more "ambient" bridge from SXSW? Much better...  :flutter:  I liked the shorter intro, that didn't go straight into the chorus, and I think the final bit of the bridge, the BOOM BOOM, really just takes away from the build... loses all momentum lol.

I just found the GhostHaus remaster here though and it's basically what I think the song should be like. :defeated: :defeated:

Also, miss Rita Ora has revealed the tracklist of her new album, and it has a song titled "Summer Love" do you think it's charle's? Probably she gave it to her...

NVM I found out that this song is a collab between Ora and Rudimental... 

All of these “remasters” are awful. Please stop layering cheap instrumental remakes over the studio saying that it it sounds more like the live because you’re used to listening to an even worse edit of filtered live vocals over said cheap instrumental.

Also layering an instrumental remake over a track does not consitiute it being remastered, but we’ve been saying that for months and it apparently falls on deaf ears every time

All of these “remasters” are awful. Please stop layering cheap instrumental remakes over the studio saying that it it sounds more like the live because you’re used to listening to an even worse edit of filtered live vocals over said cheap instrumental.

Also layering an instrumental remake over a track does not consitiute it being remastered, but we’ve been saying that for months and it apparently falls on deaf ears every time

then don't listen to them? let people edit what they want.

xMcVPI7.jpg

Seriously. This is why I don’t listen to live performances of unreleased songs. We know they’ll eventually leak so why get used to the shitty live rip? Also it saves me a lot of the “wow I really wish this was released” angst. Lol. I know we have most of the leaks everybody has aggresively spammed asked for, but we should really leave Charli alone regarding these things from now on. I’m sure it’ll lift some weight off her shoulders.

14417469274.gif

I'm enjoying hearing everyone's edits! I enjoy the shorter version played in Moscow and SXSW so i like so cool people have made edits which sound like that. The file we have is clearly unfinished so it's cool to hear different edits (though yes just putting someone's else's fanmade instrumental under the studio is ugly and lazy) but you're right about people using "remaster" wrong, I swear its been said a million times that the word is being used incorrectly and no one seems to listen lol. No one has actually remastered anything, its just layering edits over an mp3.