Fluorine

Charli XCX

Nah they're definitely wrong aha, she was live all the time on Insta, talking about the mixtape and she said that Roll With Me was the only song on the mixtape we knew, she teased Dreamer a lot at this time too.

I think No Angel was always gonna be on the album, and at the time of Number 1 Angel, the album was still coming in September.

i definitely knew i was right thinking all of this, but a few people seemed VERY set that there was a whole ~leak situation~ prior to N1A that affected the final track listing, citing that that's the reason we got White Roses, Blame It On U and Emotional instead of other songs...

but pretty sure it was always the case that Taxi / TKO / R&R were never meant to be released and Bounce / GNO / No Angel were all being saved for the album

Charli is just the kind of artist that sharpens their craft with every release.. & she’s so young. Her discography is already iconic I can’t even IMAGINE the next level shit she’ll be creating even only 2 years from now.. we are in for such a treat. :defeated:

BLESSED’T to be alive during the same time as this musical genius. :legend:

14417469274.gif

i definitely knew i was right thinking all of this, but a few people seemed VERY set that there was a whole ~leak situation~ prior to N1A that affected the final track listing, citing that that's the reason we got White Roses, Blame It On U and Emotional instead of other songs...

but pretty sure it was always the case that Taxi / TKO / R&R were never meant to be released and Bounce / GNO / No Angel were all being saved for the album

wasn't taxi like near confirmed to being released?

she played it at pop2 + the taxi in the xcxworld photoshoot

xMcVPI7.jpg

but when she FIRST debuted it she wasn't planning to release it, or at the very least she was waiting for the album, too, considering there's a taxi-helicopter on the album cover

there's a lot of speculation that it was going to be the b-side to a monthly release that instead ended up being GNO (don't see why it couldn't just have been tacked on to this one) and 1999

I mean, nobody knows Charli said something like "taxi will be released one day" and SOPHIE entertained the idea of releasing it once. I think she played it at Pop 2 just for a laugh cos she was getting so much harassment from fans for the track.

I think it was originally intended for the album and was maybe part of an early draft, but at the Exchange show it was confirmed to not be on the album alongside Hey Boy, Hey Girl etc. We know the album artwork for XCX World was shot in 2016, so edited around that time too (when the song was probably on the album).

but when she FIRST debuted it she wasn't planning to release it, or at the very least she was waiting for the album, too, considering there's a taxi-helicopter on the album cover

there's a lot of speculation that it was going to be the b-side to a monthly release that instead ended up being GNO (don't see why it couldn't just have been tacked on to this one) and 1999

It was scrapped at the Exchange show, the album draft that leaked in August didn't include the song. And a taxi helicopter was featured on the artwork, but that could just be part of the aesthetic or cos the song was on the early version of the album (the album art was shot in 2016).

I think it has only ever been speculation, Blame It On was supposed to be released instead of Girls Night Out and then we got 1999. She played the remaining monthly drops at the Spotify event and Taxi wasn't mentioned.

I mean, nobody knows Charli said something like "taxi will be released one day" and SOPHIE entertained the idea of releasing it once. I think she played it at Pop 2 just for a laugh cos she was getting so much harassment from fans for the track.

I think it was originally intended for the album and was maybe part of an early draft, but at the Exchange show it was confirmed to not be on the album alongside Hey Boy, Hey Girl etc. We know the album artwork for XCX World was shot in 2016, so edited around that time too (when the song was probably on the album).

It was scrapped at the Exchange show, the album draft that leaked in August didn't include the song. And a taxi helicopter was featured on the artwork, but that could just be part of the aesthetic or cos the song was on the early version of the album (the album art was shot in 2016).

I think it has only ever been speculation, Blame It On was supposed to be released instead of Girls Night Out and then we got 1999. She played the remaining monthly drops at the Spotify event and Taxi wasn't mentioned.

yeah, but people 'on the inside' have said that other drafts included taxi / the leakers may have just wanted to continue hoarding it or didn't have it at the time

yeah, but people 'on the inside' have said that other drafts included taxi / the leakers may have just wanted to continue hoarding it or didn't have it at the time

I do believe that the first draft or two included Taxi, but Charli herself confirmed that the songs performed at Exchange weren't for the album (other than maybe No Angel). So realistically from February 2017 the song was scrapped.

And then the album changed direction again with Boys being released and her being given material from writers by her label.

I do believe that the first draft or two included Taxi, but Charli herself confirmed that the songs performed at Exchange weren't for the album (other than maybe No Angel). So realistically from February 2017 the song was scrapped.

And then the album changed direction again with Boys being released and her being given material from writers by her label.

is it bad i wish she had been forced to release Issues / Our Boyfriend

she sounds so good in those songs, i don't think she has ever sounded that smooth and professional vocally

is it bad i wish she had been forced to release Issues / Our Boyfriend

she sounds so good in those songs, i don't think she has ever sounded that smooth and professional vocally

I personally really liked the more stripped back approach of Boys, I'd love her to have released Issues too... I just don't understand how her team were gonna push a cohesive album using those styles of song alongside GNO for example. It's for the best that XCX World never happened tbh.

I personally really liked the more stripped back approach of Boys, I'd love her to have released Issues too... I just don't understand how her team were gonna push a cohesive album using those styles of song alongside GNO for example. It's for the best that XCX World never happened tbh.

she would've ended up slapping GNO on a mixtape or something, but at the same time, i could see it existing in the same world as those songs

most of XCX3 draft could have been next to Our Boyfriend / Boys / Issues, besides Bounce / Good Girls / Down Like Whoa

i'm talking w/ some other fans that seem to think the Exchange songs were initially supposed to be on N1A but i never got this impression

this isn't true lol. she was going to drop an additional compilation of b-sides/demos on a wetransfer link (with taxi, HBHG, etc) alongside the release of N1A but once her label found out about this (after she had told some fans) they wouldn't let her do it even though the songs were never going to be released. :rip:

this isn't true lol. she was going to drop an additional compilation of b-sides/demos on a wetransfer link (with taxi, HBHG, etc) alongside the release of N1A but once her label found out about this (after she had told some fans) they wouldn't let her do it even though the songs were never going to be released. :rip:

omg what?????????????????????????????????????????????????? we coulda been bopping to taxi for a year and a half.............. capitalism is really destroying this planet

this is exactly how i remember everything, but since i was being ganged up on i wanted to check in once more

feel free to jump in and drag with me! https://www.reddit.com/r/charlixcx/comments/a7jm6k/the_number_1_angel_tracklist_that_should_have_been/