Fluorine

Charli XCX

I think she might have just gotten confused about when Boom Clap was released, cos she pitched it to other artists in 2014 before she even released it as her song and True Romance had already been out a year. Surely if Boom Clap was considered for True Romance then SuperLove would've been too? I think she got mixed up with talking to her label about putting Boom Clap on Sucker after it blew up.

Also, random but Spotify now has Dreamer listed as Dreamer - Compound Version, what does that mean? It sounds the same?

I think she might have just gotten confused about when Boom Clap was released, cos she pitched it to other artists in 2014 before she even released it as her song and True Romance had already been out a year. Surely if Boom Clap was considered for True Romance then SuperLove would've been too? I think she got mixed up with talking to her label about putting Boom Clap on Sucker after it blew up.

Also, random but Spotify now has Dreamer listed as Dreamer - Compound Version, what does that mean? It sounds the same?

Not really, it's very possible that the Boom Crap shitty demos that we have were from before SUCKER.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Not really, it's very possible that the Boom Crap shitty demos that we have were from before SUCKER.

Think about the timeline though...

April 2013 was when True Romance was officially released, we know that Boom Clap was recorded in some form at that point. It was around this time that I Love It had become a hit (despite being released for a year) and therefore that makes sense to try and tack it on to the album. But Boom Clap was most likely just a demo and had no reason to be considered for that album at that time.

December 2013 was when she released SuperLove which was the first official taste of her second album. It's most likely that it's around this time that she began pitching Boom Clap to other artists. Since Hilary Duff had been offered it sometime before Charli released it.

June 2014, Boom Clap finally gets a release as a single from the soundtrack, it becomes more successful then anybody ever imagined and then they rework a version of the song for Sucker. They then delay Sucker to late 2014 / early 2015 because of the inclusion and success of Boom Clap.

To me, the fact that it wasn't even originally part of Sucker despite being released suggests that it was never considered to be a part of True Romance.

Boom clap was written in 2012, and regardless of whether the song was finished or mastered or not the label could’ve pushed her to finish it and include it on TR and she refused. The timeline isn’t really impossible considering the demos existed before TR (also written during true romance writing sessions)

boom clap was written in june 2013, which is already after true romance so i'm not sure what she means by that lol

Hmm.. Maybe she had a concept demo for it, or under a different title which eventually turned into Boom Clap.