Fluorine

Charli XCX

As long as it isn't on XCX3, it's fine. 

Sky Ferreira / FKA Twigs / Lana Del Rey / Charli XCX / Angel Olsen / Bat For Lashes / Selena Gomez / Roisin Murphy / Hannah Diamond / Rihanna

It's not about the song, It's about the feature obviously.

It's clear at this point that every release is a label decision and that takes away the artistry for me.

Lizzo is the West Hollywood gay icon of the season so that's why they put her on It.

Always supporting Charles 100% but It's getting shady and I can't wait for her next mixtape.

You’re making assumptions here. Charli loves Lizzo and this isn’t news.

Charli is one of the most authentic artists when it comes to her artistry and this is even the reason why we don’t have the album 3 yet. Y’all nuts.

Also, she is a collaborative artist, this isn’t news too... get used to it. There’s probably a bunch of collabs on the album or whatever it’s coming. Be ready.

Has this thread been exciting for the past 500 pages or are you fatties still complaining about Charli's bangs

I thought ya'll agreed that the bangs were a crime against humanity and that they had to gtfo

You’re making assumptions here. Charli loves Lizzo and this isn’t news.

Charli is one of the most authentic artists when it comes to her artistry and this is even the reason why we don’t have the album 3 yet. Y’all nuts.

Also, she is a collaborative artist, this isn’t news too... get used to it. There’s probably a bunch of collabs on the album or whatever it’s coming. Be ready.

but... but the gays love to play the role of a music industry insider!!!

they've been friends for ages and there was even an unreleased boom clap feature with lizzo back in 2014. really glad the song is at least coming out! think we'll also get a solo on some international release as well

im thankful it fell through bc boom clap is the #8 bb hot 100 we needed but this could be fun. also yeah the solo version will come out eventually and regardless we already have BIOYL smarter and hotter sister 

they've been friends for ages and there was even an unreleased boom clap feature with lizzo back in 2014. really glad the song is at least coming out! think we'll also get a solo on some international release as well

Thanks for this! Kinda sick of some users trying to push this narrative that Charli is desperate.

I mean I may be wrong dont think label politics are completely uninvolved. I'm not sure how old the Lizzo feature is but at the time of the Stefflon Don feature, she was Warner's "rising star" and they were trying really hard to break her in the US. Now its 2019 and Lizzo is Warner's rising girl of the moment (though she's had more US success than SD). I think Charli being friends with her played a huge role and I don't think her label forced her, but I'm sure the label was more willing to put out the single now that it has a feature from another one of their artists who is experiencing a lot of hype from their major label debut that came out a week or two ago.

i'm 50/50 on it because i love lizzo, her album is one of my favorites of 2019 so far and she's THAT bitch

but at the same time i wish it was a solo release

what if she releases a remix w/ both lizzo and stefflon later on? it could help the song + stefflon's amazing verse wouldn't go to waste

i hope she does that