Fluorine

Charli XCX

pop 2 has delicious ft. tommy trash 

n1a obviously superior. no skips. idk why people think pop 2 is more "cohesive" when there are such bad bad tracks on it

Cohesion is not about how much you like the tracks?? It's about patterns?? Sonic trends???

pop 2 has delicious ft. tommy trash 

n1a obviously superior. no skips. idk why people think pop 2 is more "cohesive" when there are such bad bad tracks on it

the fact that you think that some songs on pop2 are bad doesn't make it less cohesive though.....lmao

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

if half the album is trash and half the album is good it might as well be 2 separate albums. its not listener-friendly, and not just because its experimental. its bc it has some glaring weak points

yeah we get it ..... but don't say it's not cohesive if you don't even understand what that means lmao

FzytWEW.png

if half the album is trash and half the album is good it might as well be 2 separate albums. its not listener-friendly, and not just because its experimental. its bc it has some glaring weak points

Ok so first of all you lost any right over complaining about non-listener-friendly music the moment you stepped into the Charli XCX fandom. Like, I don't make the rules.

Second, can you admit you just don't like it? Like, it's not a crime. But don't hide behind the music not being listener-friendly cause it definitely is. 

The first time somebody used autotune to willingly alter one's voice was in 1998, 19 years before Pop 2. Instrumental drops have been used by euro dance music ever since the 90s an dubstep (not saying she uses dubstep, but it's a kind of instrumental drop) was all the rage a few years ago.

I guess there are bits when she takes it a bit further from the premises but again she's still within the realm of pop music. She's still crying about her boyfriend with auto-tuned flutes for god's sake. And it's beautiful 

yeah we get it ..... but don't say it's not cohesive if you don't even understand what that means lmao

n1a is also more cohesive in a sonic trend way too :) it has a sonic trend of being not-trash

more people on this forum always say Pop 2 is better every time this pointless debate shows up, and it's so irritating. i think most of you just say you like Pop 2 better because it's the more cerebral album. N1A is overall a better listening experience IMO and that is why its my fav. also she looks prettier and tanner on the cover. regardless, I like both albums 

Ok so first of all you lost any right over complaining about non-listener-friendly music the moment you stepped into the Charli XCX fandom. Like, I don't make the rules.

Second, can you admit you just don't like it? Like, it's not a crime. But don't hide behind the music not being listener-friendly cause it definitely is. 

The first time somebody used autotune to willingly alter one's voice was in 1998, 19 years before Pop 2. Instrumental drops have been used by euro dance music ever since the 90s an dubstep (not saying she uses dubstep, but it's a kind of instrumental drop) was all the rage a few years ago.

I guess there are bits when she takes it a bit further from the premises but again she's still within the realm of pop music. She's still crying about her boyfriend with auto-tuned flutes for god's sake. And it's beautiful 

1. i like it

2. it's not listener-friendly

you guys look delulu when you can't admit your fav mixtape has flaws

n1a is also more cohesive in a sonic trend way too :) it has a sonic trend of being not-trash

more people on this forum always say Pop 2 is better every time this pointless debate shows up, and it's so irritating. i think most of you just say you like Pop 2 better because it's the more cerebral album. N1A is overall a better listening experience IMO and that is why its my fav. also she looks prettier and tanner on the cover. regardless, I like both albums 

1. i like it

omg can you actually just grow up? you are being so immature just say u don't like it and piss off

FzytWEW.png

1. i like it

what the fuck??? ahaha it's irritating that people have different opinions than you? go ahead and like n1a more, who cares, but you can't be mad about others liking pop2 more. it's all about different tastes, you can't do nothing about it. there's not a right science behind it. 

now go stream n1a or pop2 whatever just give charli sum coins.

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

what are the non-listener-friendly parts then?

mainly the fact that the features are ALL over the place. no one is going to enjoy that many features on a first listen-thru. it's an album that a listener needs to listen to multiple times to really understand.

and even once you "get" it, i'm almost never in the right mood to want to listen to CRJ, Alma, Tove Lo, Jay, Kim, Caroline, Mykki, and Tommy Trash all in the same sitting. it just doesnt work

mainly the fact that the features are ALL over the place. no one is going to enjoy that many features on a first listen-thru. it's an album that a listener needs to listen to multiple times to really understand.

and even once you "get" it, i'm almost never in the right mood to want to listen to CRJ, Alma, Tove Lo, Jay, Kim, Caroline, Mykki, and Tommy Trash all in the same sitting. it just doesnt work

But that has nothing to do with coherence, cohesion or appreciation, it's just the way the album was conceived by Charli. Like, it's an inherent vice.

I guess the album doesn't really make for a full immersion because it constantly switches between sad and upbeat songs, but it's not like N1A doesn't either: RWM, Emotional and ILY2 are kind of a rollercoaster too.

This, again, has nothing to do with cohesion or listenability (is that even a word... queen of inventing english, french can't relate). Like, these are all things Charli willingly picked, in her very rare sober moments. You can't dislike them while appreciating the artistic vision that went behind it, and Pop 2 is IMO all about artistic vision. It's all about breaking free from what pop music was and having fun. 

edit: You can't "like" the album (even tho you say half of it is trash) while disliking its very nature