Fluorine

Charli XCX

i'm actually happy that she didn't care about signing those things :creep: , (but it's still f****ng weird to ask someone to sign dead people ashes :crossed: )

bIZyMFi.gif

Reminder that Charli being a good person and telling these outlets to not make it seem like she’s being abused by her fans doesn’t make all of this ok. It’s still creepy to ask her to hold a vial of your dead mother’s ashes (and she was clearly uncomfortable because of it) and it’s still weird to ask her to sign your douche. She just doesn’t want people sending hate to these people. Just ask her to sign a copy of her album or your poppers like any other fag.

qfrWuBl.png

I’m glad she doesn’t feel like shes being taken advantage of but its definitely abusive and I think the whole insinuation that people thinking its offensive is “performative wokeness” is pretty ignorant but w/e! As long as she’s ok being the butt of f*gs jokes then thats her prerogative.

I'm so confused by everyone on this thread. She literally said that she doesn't think she has been abused by her fans during meet & greets, other than that weird encounter w/ the guy's mom's ashes (which she said she was kinda afraid of so that's pretty fair to be upset about). Why do y'all insist on defending her when she herself said it's unwarranted? I think everyone is blowing this way out of proportion.

giphy.gif

(Just my view) But I kind of lost a lot of respect for her. I know she doesn’t want people targeting her fans, but to attack a journalist who is calling out misogyny within stan culture and using her (extremely inappropriate) M&Gs as examples is kind of annoying. That notes app statement has already been RTd by the douchegate f*g as justification for his harassment. I just feel like to turn it around on the journalists calling them clout chasers, and not the fans deliberately trying to make her uncomfortable for clicks on the bird app is..........kinda pathetic.

But again, its her choice, I just feel disappointed in her for making an opportunity to draw boundaries into justifying her fans misogyny and harassment.

(Just my view) But I kind of lost a lot of respect for her. I know she doesn’t want people targeting her fans, but to attack a journalist who is calling out misogyny within stan culture and using her (extremely inappropriate) M&Gs as examples is kind of annoying. That notes app statement has already been RTd by the douchegate f*g as justification for his harassment. I just feel like to turn it around on the journalists calling them clout chasers, and not the fans deliberately trying to make her uncomfortable for clicks on the bird app is..........kinda pathetic.

But again, its her choice, I just feel disappointed in her for making an opportunity to draw boundaries into justifying her fans misogyny and harassment.

I kinda agree with the journalist too? Like the gay who brought his mom’s ashes was actually disrespectful, cause he thinks of her as a circus attraction you can do whatever you want with, same thing for the douche gay

However I do feel like she has a say, and especially she can have a ~problematic say

We do actually wait for her outside in the cold for hours and she is a big part of our lives and I do believe she overlooks the fact that we have put her down so many times (like when we leaked XCX World...) cause we are the best part of her musicianship

I kinda agree with the journalist too? Like the gay who brought his mom’s ashes was actually disrespectful, cause he thinks of her as a circus attraction you can do whatever you want with, same thing for the douche gay

However I do feel like she has a say, and especially she can have a ~problematic say

We do actually wait for her outside in the cold for hours and she is a big part of our lives and I do believe she overlooks the fact that we have put her down so many times (like when we leaked XCX World...) cause we are the best part of her musicianship

Oh I 100% agree with the journalist. The way pop stars are treated like objects by a lot of their (specifically gay male fans) fans is huge problem. Also her not having a problem with it personally is fine but I’m kind of put off by the fact that she never said a word about her fans literally urinating on a girl (who is also a fan) at one of her shows.

I feel like so many of ya r always trying to have an opinion about ppl, an excuse to release negative energy to the world, to call someone a f*g, and feel better about yourselves for dragging people desperate for clout. Like when someone asks charli to sign an enema or take a pic with their mums ashes, just keep scrolling. Ya know what I did as soon as I saw those pics? Not shit, I pretended like I didn’t see them. Because that’s all you need to do, stop giving attention seekers attention. Full stop.

Oh I 100% agree with the journalist. The way pop stars are treated like objects by a lot of their (specifically gay male fans) fans is huge problem. Also her not having a problem with it personally is fine but I’m kind of put off by the fact that she never said a word about her fans literally urinating on a girl (who is also a fan) at one of her shows.

She personally reached out to the girl and later posted a note on her IG telling her fans to treat each other with respect, unless you wanted her to explicitly call out that event, I think she somewhat addressed it... but I can understand you being put off because I kinda was/am too but I'm also just telling myself that that's just how she does things... 

giphy.gif

I feel like so many of ya r always trying to have an opinion about ppl, an excuse to release negative energy to the world, to call someone a f*g, and feel better about yourselves for dragging people desperate for clout. Like when someone asks charli to sign an enema or take a pic with their mums ashes, just keep scrolling. Ya know what I did as soon as I saw those pics? Not shit, I pretended like I didn’t see them. Because that’s all you need to do, stop giving attention seekers attention. Full stop.

I’m fine with the “don’t give them the attention they want” angle, but to say her fans are actively looking for an excuse to release negative energy is....dumb. A large number of people thought it was disrespectful and bordering on harassment, and people should be calling that stuff out. Also I have no problems calling harassers f*gs, just like they have no problem disrespecting other people for attention.

She personally reached out to the girl and later posted a note on her IG telling her fans to treat each other with respect, unless you wanted her to explicitly call out that event, I think she somewhat addressed it... but I can understand you being put off because I kinda was/am too but I'm also just telling myself that that's just how she does things...

I genuinely think she just doesnt know how to handle the situation. I can see how from her perspective, she doesnt want to demonize the people who support her. I just personally think her passiveness is giving fans the impression that some of this stuff is ok. I feel bad for her.

I’m fine with the “don’t give them the attention they want” angle, but to say her fans are actively looking for an excuse to release negative energy is....TRUE. A large number of people thought it was disrespectful and bordering on harassment, and people should be calling that stuff out. Also I have no problems calling harassers f*gs, just like they have no problem disrespecting other people for attention.

Just because a lot of ppl found it disrespectful doesn’t mean that Charli (the only person who matters as it is her not you or anyone else in the situation) found it disrespectful. Just because YOU find something insulting doesn’t mean Charli does.

Additionally Charli specifically said to not treat her like a helpless damsel, her meet and greets are supposed to be a safe space so let them be a safe space. She’s a grown woman and discounting/downplaying her ability to defend herself, just because she’s a woman and her fans are gay dudes, is literally sexism.

If Charli XCX wasn’t ok with something, shed sure af let it be known and certainly wouldn’t let it happen.

Just because a lot of ppl found it disrespectful doesn’t mean that Charli (the only person who matters as it is her not you or anyone else in the situation) found it disrespectful. Just because YOU find something insulting doesn’t mean Charli does.

Charli never said it wasn't disrespectful though, she said her fans aren’t abusing her, which are two very different things. No one here is treating her like a damsel in distress and we’ve fully acknowledged that she’s declined other things (helping that man sniff poppers).

There was a pretty much universal consensus that these things were disrespectful, and people had opinions on them. Charli penning a notes app letter telling media to stop publishing articles saying her fans are abusing her is not a green light for all the weird, disrespectful things some fans are doing.

I think its so weird that your original post bragged about not weighing in when people were doing, frankly disrespectful things at meet & greets, but you had the time to weigh in on her fans being defensive of her? It just seems like a really round about way of saying you see no problem in any of these fans behavior.