Fluorine

Charli XCX

She really likes living on the edge mixing an album 3 days before it comes out huh? Just hope the full body of work sounds good and not a bunch of demos finished in rush

Charli just recorded an entire album in a month and a half and she’s giving it to us in just a few days, only EIGHT months after her most recent album...

Yet some people have managed to complain about EVERY aspect of this process, whether it was the “quality” of the music videos, the cover arts, or the music itself... in fact, some of you are so beyond unappreciative that you’ve now resorted to harassing Charli and complaining about ridiculously unimportant things such as the “extent of fan collaboration” or the fucking merch... like... I really can’t.

I really don’t care how pretentious I might come off - I just wanna say that I have no idea how an artist as generous and passionate as Charli ever ended up with a fanbase that quickly became UNBEARABLE over the course of a few years. I hope that, after the Janet album, Charli disappears for 4 or 5 years the way some other artists do so that some of you can learn to appreciate her.

Idc idc!

I get it, she should’ve be more specific about fans’ input, but we’ve all seen how stressful making this album has been for her over the last 2-3 weeks. One thing is complaining about it in here, but tweeting directly at her after she just finished mixing her album THREE DAYS before the deadline?! Give her a fucking break.

so ugly gays are mad that they aren't as gorgeous as literal celebrities that keep up an image due to cultural relevance and constant time in from the camera? I have to laugh

yeah and lets not act like the producers she works with have ppl drooling over them. no shade tho.

people are definitely overreacting and expecting too much from a major label artist, obviously there is a certain criteria of professionalism she has to maintain so accepting every cling_clang_worst_beat_ever.mp3 she got in her inbox would have been a mess. i will say she is rather notorious for directly implying things and then sort of falling a little short on those promises; like she did basically say she would be accepting demos from fans but in my opinion she was collaborative as she could have been under the circumstances. i think the emphasis should have been placed on sharing the album process as it was made and accepting feedback as opposed to accepting artwork and production from fans because that was never really realistic. stream party 4 u

i can’t believe there is a flick of backlash for not using fan contributed beats and artwork. she NEVER said she was going to do that, lmfao. she’s worked way too hard and been thru way too much with her fanbase to have to resort to that to make an album. anyone that thinks otherwise is just stupid sorry

so ugly gays are mad that they aren't as gorgeous as literal celebrities that keep up an image due to cultural relevance and constant time in from the camera? I have to laugh

that whole subargument is also beyond ridiculous. many random nobodies she collabs with/has put on are ... not conventionally attractive whatsoever. i’d argue basically none of them are

people are definitely overreacting and expecting too much from a major label artist, obviously there is a certain criteria of professionalism she has to maintain so accepting every cling_clang_worst_beat_ever.mp3 she got in her inbox would have been a mess. i will say she is rather notorious for directly implying things and then sort of falling a little short on those promises; like she did basically say she would be accepting demos from fans but in my opinion she was collaborative as she could have been under the circumstances. i think the emphasis should have been placed on sharing the album process as it was made and accepting feedback as opposed to accepting artwork and production from fans because that was never really realistic. stream party 4 u

I feel like she got too carried away with the whole I’ll put up an email account for yall to email me demos and shit like it’s not realistically possible to go through all that stuff, provided it’s even decent, and then make something out of it