Fluorine

Charli XCX

6 minutes ago, Yes To Heaven said:

Waiting for HBHG and 2017/18 songs to leak impatiently

At least in my case, it's t r u e. A lot of songs from that era sound really good that I feel the unleaked material is from the same standards.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

2 minutes ago, lonely lonely night said:

sucker is fine and you look stupid trying to shoehorn it into being either a disaster or an underrated masterpiece. it's literally just always been fine, stream it if u like it it's really that easy. now superlove let's have that conversation

nobody will ever be ready for this discussion, superlove is in her top 5 greatest

sucker was definitely her trying to go against what people might expect from her for a sophomore album, but you can definitely tell that her label ended up having more input on the final product than charli probably thought they would. anyways...stream sucker, body of my own, and need ur luv! and superlove. and bel air...and let's make love.

I don’t even understand the narrative that her label diluted Sucker. Literally who was doing a pop punk sound at the time :deadbanana:I was genuinely obsessed with that album and found it really interesting. I mean songs like Breaking Up, Need Ur Love, Body Of My Own... WOW. I don’t even get the Break The Rules hate. The production is insane and honestly to me sort of sounds like what a PC-punk fusion would be. 

The only place I see label intervention on that project is Boom Clap which sticks out like a sir thumb but even that isn’t a bad song, it just doesn’t sonically represent the album