Fluorine

Charli XCX

17 minutes ago, Alphabet City said:

Not really.. if this was true then classics like Need Ur Luv, Breaking Up, Doing It etc would be outtakes 

girl, yes you're right by saying those are good songs, but let's not act like the scrapped material isn't way better, even the scrapped demos of the released songs are better than the final versions that ended on the album. it's mathematics luv

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

6 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

girl, yes you're right by saying those are good songs, but let's not act like the scrapped material isn't way better, even the scrapped demos of the released songs are better than the final versions that ended on the album. it's mathematics luv

I didn’t listen to all the demos and outtakes but from the demos I heard tbh I enjoyed the finals more, the only demo version I like more than the final from Sucker is So Over You but I still like the released version 

Always aiming paper airplanes

6 minutes ago, Tulips said:

Sucker had some good outtakes and there’s certain songs which I would have replaced (Die Tonight and Red Balloon are bad) but I still like most of the songs on the album personally 

In Europe we don't have Red Balloon luckily but we're also missing So Over You, that ties arguably as the best song on the record with Need Ur Luv

07772f16031f371bb19c2650cab67790a3966c6d

I think that Caught In the Middle, Doing It, Breaking Up, Hanging Around and Body of My Own are my favourites. Overall, I guess I just dislike Need Ur Luv, London Queen and Red Balloon. The rest are from good to great imo! It was the last Charli album I got into, tbh, but I quite enjoy listening to it.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

1 minute ago, XCX1999 said:

did the sxsw / sophie edit of round & round ever leak? 

there are some on soundcloud and dbree but wasn’t sure if they’re just fanmade

no, the edits out there are fanmade

Hanging Around is underrated. I don't see anyone talk about it enough

Sucker is definitely Charli's weakest project imo but that doesn't mean it's bad. the Dr. L*ke diss in the title track is still one of her most iconic lyrics of all time :defeated:

Sucker, Breaking Up, London Queen, Body Of My Own, Famous, Caught In The Middle, Need Ur Love & Money (That's What I Want) are all bops

Had she added Superlove, Rollercoaster, Groove Is In The Heart, Mow The Lawn, Allergic To Love, Let's Make Love & NYC (The Way Out) to it instead,  it could have been a really better project

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

i enjoy sucker a lot, yes, it had everything to be a real strong concept album bc she had the material but at the end of the day it's still cute, it's not like charli herself chose to release that way, we know her label was unberable at the time