Fluorine

Charli XCX

Sucker is such a cohesive album. And the songwriting is good. It beat out 1989 on Rolling stone's best pop albums of 2014 and was critically well received. 

It's just the production/ image Charli/ Atlantic was going for that we don't fuck with. 

Wow I had no idea it was given the title of "best pop album of 2014" by Rolling Stone! I thought it received average ratings from critics!

I like the production on most of the album, and her image was her own (not Atlantic's) but in a frustrated/rebellious way. I like how gutsy it was though, she really did that.

let's take a moment to appreciate the universe

if charli never cancelled her tour in 2015 and instead had a super happy album run with sucker, she almost definitely would have gone on to collaborate with jack antonoff on xcx3, she was in the perfect spot to do it and probably make an 80s-inspired super-commercial pop release, the album would probably have come out in 2016 so it wouldve predated the saturation of jack antonoff we have in 2017 but it would probably still be his typical stadium-pop stuff

but instead she started hating sucker, started getting mad obsessed w/ sophie & pc music and after cancelling her tour went overseas to make the vroom vroom ep 

now we've got gamechanging pc post-pop charli. nice.

I've thought about this but more in the context of how if XCX3 was never delayed, we never would've ended up with 2 mixtapes in one year (or a bunch of leaks but they are a very bittersweet blessing)

On the other hand I really enjoy Charli's anthemic/reverb vocals from the Sucker era and would have loved to have heard her follow up. (Famous, Light It Up, Need Ur Luv, So Over You, Not In Love, Girls Thinkin' about Boys are standouts)

who said that 

it's stated in the interview someone posted a few pages back, and in Charli's tweet with the track listing from the one day mixtape

ok so right now, Porsche is my favorite song of the mixtape. I'm not sure how I feel about the rest... the autotune just really fucking kills it for me. She has a really beautiful character to her voice and it's all buried under that horrid autotune. Mess. 

The original Blame It On Ur Luv >>> Track 10