Fluorine

Charli XCX

Honestly same...that's why i haven't mentioned it, I really thought it'd go so HARD but it left me kinda like source.gif

I thought it'd have that kinda vroom vroom/TKO energy especially with a name like Next Level Charli :ohno: literally i'd have to say it's my only slight disappointment with the album

I think there’s something about the song that exudes this nostalgia? It’s weird but it gives off this youthful energy of wanting to call up your best friends and be free and wild! Idk but it did that for me!

I’m sorry, but wasn’t XCX World (as we call it) scrapped BEFORE the leak? It kept getting pushed back and back and eventually someone started uploading it when it was pushed back/canceled ANOTHER time. Also, weren’t all those photos we have from it supposed to be for the album? No tracklist, but there was an album cover? She was also heavily playing certain songs that hinted towards them being on “the album.”

Her response here just seems...odd.

agreed. she's also lied about a few things which is odd. she's still playing on the "pity me" ideology lol

not sure why she's lying.. it was called xcx world, the photo shoot was called that, there's even proof of her referring to the album as that

it had a tracklist, a photo shoot, an album cover etc

the leaks came from an engineer who was hacked, the songs were retrieved in stem format, the people who bought spread it + combined the stems into mp3 files which is what leaked, not the real masters

the whole "google drive" thing is not true at all and i'm pretty sure she knows that by now

exchange songs came from a group of people who scammed sophie's friends and family :rip:

BloomForJesus coming in with the TEA. I just recently got onto LanaBoards after following the entire XCX leak stuff, so now I can say THANK YOU for everything you’ve given us, you magnificent human being.

not sure why she's lying.. it was called xcx world, the photo shoot was called that, there's even proof of her referring to the album as that

it had a tracklist, a photo shoot, an album cover etc

the leaks came from an engineer who was hacked, the songs were retrieved in stem format, the people who bought spread it + combined the stems into mp3 files which is what leaked, not the real masters

the whole "google drive" thing is not true at all and i'm pretty sure she knows that by now

exchange songs came from a group of people who scammed sophie's friends and family :rip:

This explains why come to my party and good girls sound like they do lol

Did the cover with World under XCX on the building ever surface?

agreed. she's also lied about a few things which is odd. she's still playing on the "pity me" ideology lol

She’s 100% playing the pity card.

I’m not asking for it, but do you know if Party 4 U was among these files? Or was it never actually recorded? She seems to think it’s on the internet somewhere.

I feel like I'm the only person who didn't enjoy the album, her soundcloud rapper vocals really weren't for me and the production wasn't crazy enough to offset it personally but I'm glad she got to fulfill her artistic vision and I hope the album does well.

I also feel like entirely blaming Atlantic for the xcx world delays isn't fully accurate... I mean they let her release Charli which is way more experimental than the original xcx3

Yeah but I feel like they would of never have let her release Charli had it not been for the success and reception to N1A and Pop 2

I feel like I'm the only person who didn't enjoy the album, her soundcloud rapper vocals really weren't for me and the production wasn't crazy enough to offset it personally but I'm glad she got to fulfill her artistic vision and I hope the album does well.

this was the most mature negative reaction I've ever read... ur mind 

I also feel like entirely blaming Atlantic for the xcx world delays isn't fully accurate... I mean they let her release Charli which is way more experimental than the original xcx3

But they let Charli be released after YEARS of fan service. They scrapped XCX World when it had no praise to lean on and then it leaked. Then N1A and Pop2 has GREAT reception, there was a CLEAR demand for music like XCX World, and that allowed for Charli to be released. XCX World seems to have never seen the light of day because they don’t want to waste the release on something a lot of the core fans already have. That and Charli seems annoyed about it (and rightfully so) which means she prob thinks of it as punishment for the leaks.

Where/when is party4u/believe from?

I wonder (and BFY may know) if Atlantic doesn't want her working with SOPHIE given that the XCX World leak came from SOPHIE’s camp. Since that leak the only thing she’s dropped with SOPHIE is OOMH

I think the problem is with sophie... look at her career... playing songs for like 3 years and never releasing them, i don’t know what she looks up anymore

Got my CD today and I'm a bit disappointed by how boring the design is. I love the artwork (and I get minimalism yes), but the disc being just plain pink, underneath it being grey, then the booklet (if you can even call it that) having just credits and no lyrics or extra photos? I feel like in this day and age when you're selling a physical product you should go all out on making it something people actually want to buy, regardless of the music, because most people stream that anyway. Feel like so much more could have been done for the fans, like having a booklet made up of all of the different single covers, and new ones for the songs that weren't released beforehand, as well as lyrics...

Regarding the actual music, I like the album a lot I don't love it. I think it'll grow on me more. The best songs for me are NLC, Gone, CYO, Click, Warm, White Mercedes (one of her best ever), Shake It & February 2017. 

I wonder (and BFY may know) if Atlantic doesn't want her working with SOPHIE given that the XCX World leak came from SOPHIE’s camp. Since that leak the only thing she’s dropped with SOPHIE is OOMH

it's the other way around

sophie is sick of charli's hoe ass and her cheap label  :toofunny: