Fluorine

Charli XCX

6 hours ago, abombnd said:

gonna be honest im quite tired of this PC sound... i get that each artist is diverse in their own way but i'd like for someone that isn't reminiscent of stuff she's been releasing for the last three years to produce her next work. the whole loud, autotuned glitchpop is getting tired for me. while i enjoy tracks from this era i feel like its time to move on to a new sound.

This! 

I believe she was already thinking of shaking things up with "Janet Album"... I think they called it that way because it is probably a retro 80s inspired new jack swing album. That would be in fashion with the vintage music comeback in trend rn and if you think about it, Sophie and A.G. would be very capable of creating a refashioned version of new jack swing with their loud beats and noises.

07772f16031f371bb19c2650cab67790a3966c6d

1 hour ago, CinnamonGirl said:

more songs like February 2017 pls

Taste.

the best song on Charli. The extended versions are all amazing too

Instagram.com/y1anni

I was listening to super ultra and true romance yesterday and i would love if she explored that sound again.

How would you guys describe the sound of those projects?

2 minutes ago, Danny Milk said:

I was listening to super ultra and true romance yesterday and i would love if she explored that sound again.

electronic avant garde maybe 

i love you, but you don't understand me.

5 minutes ago, Danny Milk said:

the OG download of Super Ultra that was emailed to fans way back had the genre tag as “ANGEL POP” :teehee: 

electro pop is the easiest general description I’d say. Def some industrial & darkwave influence on TR. maybe glitch pop fits as well. there’s so many sub-genres & honestly Charli has always found a way to make her sound distinct no matter what genres she dabbled in .... something I’ve always loved about her :flutter:

14417469274.gif

The sound that she had during true romance/hb&e was so perfect, I think that with the Janet album she might be going back to those same angel pop and cool girl lyricisms. I know that she worked with Deaton Chris Anthony, because there were a few posts of them and noonie working on something. Deaton can definitely help charli pull of that same true romance sound that everyone misses, his production is very nostalgic and very cool and fun for lack of better words. I’m planting the seed that the Janet album (if it ever happens) is charles going back to that old sound. :3

35 minutes ago, OverYourHead said:

I still believe a full Sophie album, like an extended Vroom Vroom, would be iconic but it’s just never gonna happen. 100% agree with the people saying they want a Dylan Brady produced album

If it did happen it wouldn't come out until 2027

hifn deluxe better have if i cried or else bitch

200.gif

𝘪 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘫𝘦𝘴𝘶𝘴

honestly i'm so glad charli is taking some time to relax, she's been releasing music non stop for so long, i'm happy she's having some rest. we all know it's not gonna last cause she's a workaholic but still haha

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever