Fluorine

Charli XCX

40 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

She's no longer with Atlantic?! what's her new label?

she’s said a few times that her 5th upcoming “album” is the last one with Atlantic - she signed a 5 album deal with them. So after the next album, I’m assuming she’ll move on from them. 

14417469274.gif

Just now, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

she’s said a few times that her 5th upcoming “album” is the last one with Atlantic - she signed a 5 album deal with them. So after the next album, I’m assuming she’ll move on from them. 

I hope her next label truly supports her vision, she is an artist + a money maker and Atlantic has really payed dust to her.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Out this Friday, new single "Her Body" by Nasty Cherry, co-written by Charli.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

9 minutes ago, drewby said:

Nobody moved

I even thought Charli gave up on them lol

I think she counts N1A and P2 as separate albums...bc I'm pretty sure she said once in an interview that she signed 5 albums with Atlantic and that even though she counts N1A and P2 as two separate albums, Atlantic still considers them as mixtapes which is crazy

4 hours ago, EXODUS said:

XCX3 (shelved album)

what's this?

3 hours ago, monsterdino said:

what's this?

I think they're referring to the 2018 tracks that were all recorded around the same time before the album shifted direction into Charli

BzhmW.png

5 hours ago, monsterdino said:

I think she counts N1A and P2 as separate albums...bc I'm pretty sure she said once in an interview that she signed 5 albums with Atlantic and that even though she counts N1A and P2 as two separate albums, Atlantic still considers them as mixtapes which is crazy

charli herself pitched n1a & pop2 as mixtapes to atlantic because back in 2017 she was much more restricted with what she was able to release (see xcx world). by legally designating them "mixtapes" her label didn't contractually have to invest in studio sessions or promotional material etc, it was entirely funded out of charli's pocket. if they failed to deliver commercially then it was no harm no foul, because she was no nearer to finishing her contract and they didn't have to squander any label resources. the cult success of the mixtapes is probably the only reason charli the album was remotely PC adjacent; she proved to atlantic that there was a demographic for the kind of music she wanted to make so she had a bit more creative freedom when producing her third studio album for the second (third?) time. obviously it was watered down to try and draw in more listeners of the general public, but with proper label funding it was a moderate success. fast forward to 2020 and "hyperpop" is now everywhere, so there were less reservations about releasing another PC album with hifn. it's easy for charli to classify n1a & pop2 as albums now because it's all water under the bridge, but several years ago calling them "mixtapes" was the only way they were able to be released, and her career trajectory could have been very different if this had not been the case. although both released in 2017 they are obviously quite different sonically/thematically and were recorded and produced at very different times (pre and post xcx world leak) so even if they were to technically be considered albums i would not consider them the same album

16 hours ago, EXODUS said:

yeah... i'm super confused.

I mean, her discography is pretty crazy:

XCX3 (shelved album)

7 hours ago, drewby said:

I think they're referring to the 2018 tracks that were all recorded around the same time before the album shifted direction into Charli

Nah, sorry to disagree with you guys but XCX WORLD was XCX3 in those moments, but ended up being Charli (album), cause she used to say a lot XCX WORLD was xcx3 on some interviews if I don't remember wrong...

So, XCX6 easter egg will be her first album after her first contract singed at. 16 yo, so probably she will use this situation to:

1) Make a new deal with another label;

2) Make a new deal with Atlantic (with her own terms);

3) Become independent (wich I doubt she will do).

I personally think she will stay with atlantic (if xcx5 gains some coins) cause she has a better releationship now with them and probably (I think) she doesn't want to deal with new "bosses" of a new record label.

I don't think she will go for the third option, since becoming independent requires a lot more of effort and yes, she will release whatever she wants, but her coins comes from all the venues and festivals she goes, so I doubt she will be able to arrange all that extra work herself or at least without hiring a manager or a team.

So, without money, she will have a lot of preassure. That's why there are almost non independent artists, even The Weeknd is a record label related, yes he has his own label, but the music is released in partnership by UMG. 

The only way she can become independent is being like Abel, she will release the music she wants (maybe through Vroom Vroom Record) but still atached to a major label that will arrange her shows.

You are all making up the whole XCX6 theory. It's not an easter egg lol. So what would explain the NR5 (No Rome 5) and MT7 (Matty Healy 7) in the video? They just picked random, consecutive numbers to put in the submarines lol