Fluorine

Charli XCX

15 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

Lana effectively kickstarted a lot of women’s careers who were doing something sort of pop but not pop at the same time, though I’d argue she got a lot less pop and the others got poppier as their careers progressed like Charles.

Really we should be thankful.

Charli actually became way more famous than Lana at one point and if it weren’t for the Summertime Sadness remix Lana would have probably never gotten as famous as she did

so yeah I don’t think she ever “kickstarted” Charli’s career 

PLUS Charli’s renaissance with N1A and Pop 2 was all on her own + PC Music which definitely had nothing to do with Lana 

2 hours ago, blameitonme said:

do we think unlock it going viral is good or bad for charli’s next album?

i swear if they force her to put it on the track list...:smh:

hoping they release a tinashe remix as a standalone buzz single for just a lil pre-album promo :xgiggle:

4 hours ago, Charlottexseax said:

Charli actually became way more famous than Lana at one point and if it weren’t for the Summertime Sadness remix Lana would have probably never gotten as famous as she did

so yeah I don’t think she ever “kickstarted” Charli’s career 

PLUS Charli’s renaissance with N1A and Pop 2 was all on her own + PC Music which definitely had nothing to do with Lana 

That’s very true and I don’t mean to take anything away from Charli as she definitely forged her own path, but Lana was definitely bigger (atleast here in the UK) with several songs doing well and being known.

there was definitely a shift aswell as tons of people were being signed with a similar vibe like lorde and even mainstream pop like Selena Gomez and Taylor swift were taking inspiration.

Even with fancy and I love it-nobody really knew charli, really her fame only started with the sucker album and boom clap.

52 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

That’s very true and I don’t mean to take anything away from Charli as she definitely forged her own path, but Lana was definitely bigger (atleast here in the UK) with several songs doing well and being known.

there was definitely a shift aswell as tons of people were being signed with a similar vibe like lorde and even mainstream pop like Selena Gomez and Taylor swift were taking inspiration.

Even with fancy and I love it-nobody really knew charli, really her fame only started with the sucker album and boom clap.

Yeah that’s true I don’t know how famous Lana got outside of SS remix cause that’s the only time she got famous here in Italy 

but still the argument for Lana helping with other people’s career makes more sense for people like Halsey (Badlands is BTD 2.0 in every aspect basically) than for Charli who musically and aesthetically was completely different than Lana’s vibe/music/thing 

20 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

Lana effectively kickstarted a lot of women’s careers who were doing something sort of pop but not pop at the same time, though I’d argue she got a lot less pop and the others got poppier as their careers progressed like Charles.

Really we should be thankful.

I don't want to sound rude but...  who's "lot of women's careers" Lana kickstarted? 

She did nothing for other Women in the industry.

Lana's known for being a solitary Woman that likes to sing and got a lot of popularity during video games / national anthem / ss times, but after that she became more arrogant and always made ballads.

I know gays loves to praise her but I doubt she made anything for other girls in the industry except maybe for making more people to want to listen to ballads, maybe it helped that a little to Lorde but not Charli. Lana did nothing new, some other women were doing it first like DIDO or Adelle in a more pop way, or even Amy Winehouse with Jazz / Soul.

P.D: Lana is a great artist, and I love her voice and loved her Born To Die / American era but after that everything became so repetitive and most of her songs are all about sad feelings...

The Unlock It/Superlove sound on TikTok is now credited as a song by some guy named Roy KK who stole the remix from the creator and uploaded the mashup onto streaming. I knew something was coming when Charli’s credit got removed a few days ago but I wasn’t expecting this.

25 minutes ago, RoundandRound said:

I don't want to sound rude but...  who's "lot of women's careers" Lana kickstarted? 

Lana's known for being a solitary Woman that likes to sing and got a lot of popularity during video games / national anthem / ss times, but after that she became more arrogant and always made ballads.

I know gays loves to praise her but I doubt she made anything for other girls in the industry except maybe for making more people to want to listen to ballads, maybe it helped that a little to Lorde but not Charli. Lana did nothing new, some other women were doing it first like DIDO or Adelle in a more pop way, or even Amy Winehouse with Jazz / Soul.

P.D: Lana is a great artist, and I love her voice and loved her Born To Die / American era but after that everything became so repetitive and most of her songs are all about sad feelings...

I see what you mean, of course I don’t want to go too off topic because it’s a charli thread and I can see what you mean with the Dido, Adele and Amy comparisons but I do think lanas sound was a tad more distinct in that more elements were mixed together. 

Amy was making pure throwback 60s indebted soul with a splash of jazz, same with Duffy and Adele who obviously were influenced directly or not. I’d even say xtina was influenced by this during back to the basics.

Dido was just making trip hop but in a poppier way. Clearly her coming about was owed to portishead and massive attack in a big way.

When Lana came up it was a struggle to really classify her, she wasn’t a big belter like the rest of these soul girls, she mixed orchestral, hip hop and baroque to a point where people desperately wanted to call her straight up pop because of her image but couldn’t.

A lot of the girls that came after have clearly took influence like lorde,Billie Eilish, Melanie Martinez and early Halsey etc. Hell click on any alt or breathy pop girl after 2011 and you’ll get a lana comparison on YT.

Charli is not directly influenced but I’d argue lana ushering in a new age of how women can market themselves as artists has helped.

I mean even this thread gave her a cult following.

2 hours ago, RoundandRound said:

i'm sorry,  but this is wrong. being solitary has nothing to do with how much impact someone can have in the music culture. maybe you weren't around when lana blew up but she HAD a crazy impact in bringing alternative/moody songs into the mainstream eye. of course she didn't invent sad songs, or directly kickstart others girls careers, but she helped them gaining popularity as many people wanted to listen to more artists like lana and that's how many artists got discovered: lorde, charli, marina, ellie where all heavily associated with her in the tumblr era. her impact is undeniable.

39dbbcd8c89089d9324f2fb06b578737.jpg  grimes-lana-del-rey-marina-and-the-diamonds-sky-ferreira-Favim.com-762351.jpg

original.jpg

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

Hey babes!  :flutter:

Don't wanna break the discussion, but I saw a tumblr stan war cloud forming and had to interfere lol  :flop:

Jokes aside, last december @Hundred Dollar Bill comissioned me for a handpainted t-shirt and I was so happy to do it!

We've met in here and then grew friends in real life, and even tho we live on different hemispheres, now he has a little part of me and my art, which is pretty exciting!! Also it was an honor to make a N1A tshirt!!! I was planning on doing it for so long and then he came and asked me for it, which was the push I needed. He also grabbed a XCX WORLD tee just like the one i have on my avi pic, both handpainted by my queer hands.:party: I don't know if Charles is gonna see it, but anyways, tag her i beg?? hahaha 

CLICK HERE to see the final t-shirt and give this girlie some love, won't you? <3 

Btw, I do take comissions, if anyone is interested in having some lovely fanart handmade by another fan who is broke and still gotta survive this pandemic. :wub:

zDJpsU3.jpg

(instagram @jujuplanet.jpg)

1 hour ago, Jujuba said:

Don't wanna break the discussion, but I saw a tumblr stan war cloud forming and had to interfere lol  :flop:

Jokes aside, last december @Hundred Dollar Bill comissioned me for a handpainted t-shirt and I was so happy to do it!

We've met in here and then grew friends in real life, and even tho we live on different hemispheres, now he has a little part of me and my art, which is pretty exciting!! Also it was an honor to make a N1A tshirt!!! I was planning on doing it for so long and then he came and asked me for it, which was the push I needed. He also grabbed a XCX WORLD tee just like the one i have on my avi pic, both of hand handpainted by my queer hands.:party: I don't know if Charles is gonna see it, but anyways, tag her i beg?? hahaha 

CLICK HERE to see the final t-shirt and give this girlie some love, won't you? <3 

Btw, I do take comissions, if anyone is interested in having some lovely fanart handmade by another fan who is broke and still gotta survive this pandemic. :wub:

zDJpsU3.jpg

omgg looks SO GOOD

42 minutes ago, AKASAKA SAWAYAMA said:

the fact that i had those 3 pictures set as my phone wallpapers at one point of my life... their power

The tumblr era was crazy I remember the obsession with Natalia kills, Fka Twigs and Nicole dollanganger aswell 

56 minutes ago, sarahcomehome said:

omgg looks SO GOOD

yayy!! thanks for clicking and for the love!

since i couldn't load a video, i had to put the instagram reels link for you guys to click, but i might share the full tshirt picture in the next few days for the lazy people to see hahah :party:

3 hours ago, Jujuba said:

We've met in here and then grew friends in real life, and even tho we live on different hemispheres, now he has a little part of me and my art, which is pretty exciting!! Also it was an honor to make a N1A tshirt!!! I was planning on doing it for so long and then he came and asked me for it, which was the push I needed. He also grabbed a XCX WORLD tee just like the one i have on my avi pic, both handpainted by my queer hands.:party: I don't know if Charles is gonna see it, but anyways, tag her i beg?? hahaha 

zDJpsU3.jpg

the artistry level 

3 hours ago, Jujuba said:

zDJpsU3.jpg

just want to confirm that jujuba is an amazing artist / person / friend & that you all should support his business if you have the money. the 2 shirts he made me are beautiful & easily on par with Charli’s official merch - if not better. 

I had planned to post about the shirts with pictures but I’m so bad about keeping up with these sort of things - I will post them soon though so everyone can see how beautiful your work is @Jujuba

:kiss3:

14417469274.gif