Fluorine

Charli XCX

5 minutes ago, nuclear angel said:

marina was always bigger than charli, especially in the us

Wait really? I thought Charli was way more famous... like she seems like she would be more famous IDK 

44 minutes ago, Charlottexseax said:

Wait really? I thought Charli was way more famous... like she seems like she would be more famous IDK 

electra heart was a lot bigger than sucker

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

No one has really been here for charli post pop 2 aside from “experimental” lgbt teens and critics- The GP do not have a good impression especially since she dumbed down her lyricism,is less melodic, glitchy prod and relies on tune.

Sucker was way bigger than Electra heart in the Uk though, don’t know where that narrative came from- Doing it, Boom Clap and Break the Rules were hits.

21 minutes ago, mansfield ringer said:

Mechatok, Bladee, & Charli

DRAMA

https://dbree.org/v/0881e5

This collab is a clear reason why 

5 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

Sucker was way bigger than Electra heart in the Uk though, don’t know where that narrative came from- Doing it, Boom Clap and Break the Rules were hits.

Not really sure about it - never been into checking charts and so, but afaik Primadonna and How to Be a Heartbreaker did pretty well too. Wasn't also Electra Heart debuting at #1 while Sucker at #15? Or maybe it's my memory playing games with me.

Not hating, I don't really care about charts - and I love both albums and singers though.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

2 minutes ago, NEXTLIFE said:

A pure emotional guitar driven song with vocals like in purpose.... the way she would deliver!

Yep, that sounds like something I'd love from her. Maybe she should change sound directions now. I'm here for it.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

I think it’s misleading to say Electra Heart was way bigger than Sucker because commercially that is absolutely not true. Electra heart was a commercial flop in the US, the album peaked at #31, Marina is famous for saying that she bankrupted her label shooting the 11 videos for that album & none of the singles made it to the BB hot 100. The biggest mainstream thing that happened for Marina that era was glee doing htbaheartbreaker which turned on some ppl to her, but otherwise no one in the general population knew any Marina song. Sucker peaked a little higher than EH (#28) and had a top 10 hit & if you played boom clap or fancy, pretty much anyone would recognize it; but neither of them really had any name recognition. 

However, Electra heart was a cult hit and Marina got a good cult following from it, & to this day Marina plays bigger venues in the US than Charli.

PS Drama slaps

6 minutes ago, AKASAKA SAWAYAMA said:

you sure about that?

charli played stadiums:Charli XCX - Boom Clap (Reputation Stadium Tour, Seattle) - YouTube

marina: no pictures were even taken in front of a stadium.

this is from a taylor swift concert tho. i think they were saying marina has played bigger venues by herself

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

29 minutes ago, zaddyxcx said:

& to this day Marina headlines* bigger venues in the US than Charli.

7 minutes ago, AKASAKA SAWAYAMA said:

you sure about that?

charli played stadiums:Charli XCX - Boom Clap (Reputation Stadium Tour, Seattle) - YouTube

marina: no pictures were even taken in front of a stadium.

Fixed it:D