Jump to content
Fluorine

Charli XCX

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, XCX World said:

THIS is... AWESOME! 

T

What's the tea about Ice Cake, was that a real song? 


Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia/Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin •
Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore/Hayley Williams • 
Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky F • HANA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EXODUS said:

What's the tea about Ice Cake, was that a real song? 

No, ice cakes was an instrumental existing then it was just placed over TPNO instrumental, the fake version is a lot better though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, XCX World said:

No, ice cakes was an instrumental existing then it was just placed over TPNO instrumental, the fake version is a lot better though

 

I see, but the instrumental was a real instrumental meant for a Charli song? Or was just pitched to her? 

 

And I agree, the fake version is way better than the real final version of TPNO haha 


Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia/Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin •
Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore/Hayley Williams • 
Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky F • HANA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EXODUS said:

 

I see, but the instrumental was a real instrumental meant for a Charli song? Or was just pitched to her? 

 

And I agree, the fake version is way better than the real final version of TPNO haha 

Not sure, I would love to know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TrashMagiq said:

 

I never got why people wanted that song on the album so bad during HIFN era cause it sounded terrible to me lol I was glad she scrapped it. Then it leaked & I loved it & thought it should've been on the album lmao. The version that leaked's hands Down the superior version.

I personally think the vocals/topline sounds much better on the IG preview than on the version we got. Tbh Charli sounds very rough on the leak, like it’s pretty clear Its still not the ‘final’ version of the song. 

 

IG preview sounds more finished

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, XCX World said:

Not sure, I would love to know!

Let's hope someday we get to know, then ☺ 


Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia/Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin •
Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore/Hayley Williams • 
Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky F • HANA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Danny Milk said:

Just realized this site had the unused Charli slime covers up the whole time and the vinyl mockups explain why the covers look darker in comparison to the rest of the shoot once they "leaked"

https://p-r.studio/projects/charlie-xcx-singles

c4ed410d-a8ee-46fe-a3ad-3bbeae80fbbb_CHA

 

the monthly drop era could've given so much more if she'd just released a bunch of other singles (taxi, bounce, good girls, etc.) like... no angel alone is better than half of charli 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Danny Milk said:

Just realized this site had the unused Charli slime covers up the whole time and the vinyl mockups explain why the covers look darker in comparison to the rest of the shoot once they "leaked"

https://p-r.studio/projects/charlie-xcx-singles

c4ed410d-a8ee-46fe-a3ad-3bbeae80fbbb_CHA

Good find. worth noting that the BLUE and GREEN covers are different than these presses

 

9fc8daf3-94ad-4d36-8efd-0d0b3f6b62b2_202

fbff6e4e-2078-4006-b170-4a55f608070a_CHA

Versus the final versions/designs

Final-Photo-Previews.png

 

edit: I just realized that you can get the photo without the darkness by getting just the photo see below

 

fbff6e4e-2078-4006-b170-4a55f608070a_CHA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, charli bby said:

the slime photoshoot is still so weird to me. why does it feel like a repurposed magazine shoot

The original designer always had the intention to make the effects on the photos - I am actually pretty sure the shoot was just meant for the singles 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Doijroij said:

A surreal rococo empire, "1700 B.C (X.C.X)" is Serwah Attafuah's visual interpretation of "XCX World" - the previously leaked and subsequently unreleased 2017 studio album by Charli XCX. This piece is Serwah and Charli's celebration of the LGBTQIA community, sex work pride and it's historical flare . Large ornamental sculptures , chrome buildings and 1700 inspired imagery reinvent these narratives in its past, present and future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Dima said:

A surreal rococo empire, "1700 B.C (X.C.X)" is Serwah Attafuah's visual interpretation of "XCX World" - the previously leaked and subsequently unreleased 2017 studio album by Charli XCX. This piece is Serwah and Charli's celebration of the LGBTQIA community, sex work pride and it's historical flare . Large ornamental sculptures , chrome buildings and 1700 inspired imagery reinvent these narratives in its past, present and future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...