Fluorine

Charli XCX

3 minutes ago, brandon said:

i mean, not everything NEEDS to be an innovation 

sick of the idea that if music isn’t experimental then it’s not good 

like music is supposed to be fun damn

anyways yeah i hate the term hyperpop too bc charli is so far from that, pc music is a much better descriptor - that being said - pc music charli has been overdone, it’s been yearsssss, i’m so glad she’s doing something fun and more pop-y with crash

her best album incoming, idc! 

i mean if the songs were longer than snippets 

imo... any artist could have made these recent singles, kind of lacking the charli magic for me, she is normally a master of anthemic hooks and amazing melodic lines and these just aren't giving in that department, that combined with the traditional, dare I say, bland production is making me not that excited for this project - like obv I will support her and can't wait for the tour but..... and before i get dragged for only liking pots and pans music, true romance and sucker had fuckin incredible melodies so we know she can do any style well, these singles just have fallen flat for me  - holding out hope for Twice and the AG x OPN track tho

thank you for coming to my ted talk x

18 minutes ago, Heartmachine said:

So many people are firmly rooted in the belief that music is only “real instruments” or it’s “not music” therefore “it sucks.”

There are SO many people like that.

this is kind of an lol moment to me because (while this is very true and it’s really annoying that so many people fail to take more experimental music seriously) there’s also so many people within that experimental community who Only take experimental music seriously and think that anything that’s more simple or follows the normal pop structure is like, terrible, bland, and uninspired 

its like there’s no winning :toofloppy:

Crash, for me, will be an album just like Dawn FM is to the The Weeknd discography. It's NOT bad, it's VERY consistent, with beautiful visuals and a lot of good songs. But, if you want a BOP, you better listen Starboy/Charli or After Hours/Pop2.

And I hope the next project from her will be a trap oriented or something. She did it great with 5ITM, Pull Up To The Club, Moonlight and others.

Also I'd love to see Mark Ronson producing Charli songs.

I see her signing another major label after this album but do you think she will at least put another mixtape/EP but this time fully released under PC music before doing another major contract? That would be so cool

5 minutes ago, brandon said:

there’s also so many people within that experimental community who Only take experimental music seriously and think that anything that’s more simple or follows the normal pop structure is like, terrible, bland, and uninspired 

its like there’s no winning :toofloppy:

my goddddd THIS its so frustrating :trisha:

1 minute ago, venicebitch said:

I see her signing another major label after this album but do you think she will at least put another mixtape/EP released but this time fully under PC music before doing another major contract? That would be so cool

I want her to go full Dead Petz and upload the most jarring music on soundcloud just to silence some people 

Just now, charli bby said:

I want her to go full Dead Petz and upload the most jarring music on soundcloud just to silence some people 

the way this would be such a slay… 

dead petz is mileys best album (albeit so underrated 😭) and i’ll stand by that forever 

Just now, brandon said:

the way this would be such a slay… 

dead petz is mileys best album (albeit so underrated 😭) and i’ll stand by that forever 

Charli would DESTROYYYYY BB Talk and Bang Me Box

4 minutes ago, charli bby said:

Charli would DESTROYYYYY BB Talk and Bang Me Box

omg. no cuz now that u mentioned that i’ll never be able to stop thinking about it 

it would serve so hard.. end some careers… the world is not ready for it

i think ultimately charli will most likely go back to experimental music, i never really considered her a hyperpop artist. she clearly still has a love for the experimental sound, she made xcxoplex/911 remix/etc very recently 

remember that this album was originally supposed to come out before what is now known as how i'm feeling now :)

21 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

I see her signing another major label after this album but do you think she will at least put another mixtape/EP but this time fully released under PC music before doing another major contract? That would be so cool

I think it’s either another major label or Dirty Hit

New shapes remains the best song imo, every new single just make me appreciate it more and more 

but the lack of bridges, underwhelming choruses, flat production.. I normally don’t have a problem with short songs, but good ones, and beg for you just sound unfinished. There’s a way to make fun, ‘sell out’ pop music without making boring songs.

so far her ‘janet album’ isn’t really doing justice to the source material she says influenced the songs in the first place

i’m still looking forward to crash tho :hooker:

I don’t think charli plans at all she’s very instinctive and impulsive as a person and changes her mind a lot. 

she could go anywhere next, there’s no guessing but I doubt she’ll go back to the PC sound-she will always experiment though.

On 1/23/2021 at 10:17 PM, davidpowersx said:

Would you share your sis a link???? :) Thank you for everyone who are doing b-side albums, makes sorting 1000times (get it) easier :) 

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1rl5bQpCXISagfj-AByrH2V8o-28IIUei

I made one for u lol

Roman

hi girls, i've been a longtime charli stan but i'm a newbie in this site so bear with me lol

i'm sadly not feeling this era, which sucks because i know how much it means to charli. i think baby is a bop and so is good ones but the other 2 singles aren't hitting that hard for me. but honestly i feel like this type of sound is so been there done that with pop girls and it sucks to see charli cave in to it after giving us such innovative material over the years. of course ill wait to hear the full album, maybe my perception will change but this sound is kinda boring to me lol. i'm not one of those snobs who is like she MUST do pc music forever!1!1! but i wish to see something more inspiring and not songs that almost any other indie girl can sing, but maybe that's just me.

i think what makes n1a so special is that it hits the mark for both audiences, the pc girls like us and the gp with basic taste all in one. i get that her and atlantic are trying to cater to the gp but some of the people who care about her more (us) are losing interest instead because we know she can be more inspiring.

sorry for the paragraph lol ive been lurking and wanted to get that out.

On 1/23/2021 at 11:17 PM, davidpowersx said:

Would you share your sis a link???? :) Thank you for everyone who are doing b-side albums, makes sorting 1000times (get it) easier :) 

omg I’m so sorry, i hearted your reply and then forgot to actually answer pls forgive me :toofunny:

22 minutes ago, RomanCrystal said:

thanks RomanCrystal for coming through ugh

also can we just take a sec to talk about the new Jodie Harsh BFY (which my mind still reads as BloomForYou :toofloppy:) remix? is it just me or it f*****g slaps?!

where can i download heartbreaks and earthquakes and the other mixtape she did? i want to download as individual tracks but i can only seem to find full 20 minute versions of them

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

34 minutes ago, Lucy Liu said:

hi girls, i've been a longtime charli stan but i'm a newbie in this site so bear with me lol

i'm sadly not feeling this era, which sucks because i know how much it means to charli. i think baby is a bop and so is good ones but the other 2 singles aren't hitting that hard for me. but honestly i feel like this type of sound is so been there done that with pop girls and it sucks to see charli cave in to it after giving us such innovative material over the years. of course ill wait to hear the full album, maybe my perception will change but this sound is kinda boring to me lol. i'm not one of those snobs who is like she MUST do pc music forever!1!1! but i wish to see something more inspiring and not songs that almost any other indie girl can sing, but maybe that's just me.

i think what makes n1a so special is that it hits the mark for both audiences, the pc girls like us and the gp with basic taste all in one. i get that her and atlantic are trying to cater to the gp but some of the people who care about her more (us) are losing interest instead because we know she can be more inspiring.

sorry for the paragraph lol ive been lurking and wanted to get that out.

i completely agree. i think baby is absolutely amazing and good ones isn’t bad but this era isn’t my favorite so far. it’s not that i want charli to do super experimental pc music again, i just think she could give us more memorable and hard hitting pop music than the singles that've been released. everything has felt pretty lackluster for me, however i don’t think every era that an artist has is gonna be my cup of tea. this era hasn’t been bad, just not my type of music. the amount of people attacking her on twitter honestly disgusts me because her new music appeals to a LOT of people even if it doesn’t appeal to me and i can appreciate that. if charli enjoys the music she’s releasing then i’m happy for her. baby gives me a lot of hope for the album though so maybe she’ll make me change my mind about not loving this era once it’s out 

tumblr_mxrgupWXRw1sdmzwwo1_500.gif