Fluorine

Charli XCX

33 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

where can i download heartbreaks and earthquakes and the other mixtape she did? i want to download as individual tracks but i can only seem to find full 20 minute versions of them

if you have the masterpost link it’s in that under the mixtapes tab

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

if you have the masterpost link it’s in that under the mixtapes tab

oh yeah got it, thank you, helpful queen! <3

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Just now, blameitonme said:

i think charli is gonna win a lot of people over with the album tracks, the snippets we have (i think we have one for every track) sound incredible 

i don't know if we have one for yuck or move me but i could be wrong

15 minutes ago, sack said:

i completely agree. i think baby is absolutely amazing and good ones isn’t bad but this era isn’t my favorite so far. it’s not that i want charli to do super experimental pc music again, i just think she could give us more memorable and hard hitting pop music than the singles that've been released. everything has felt pretty lackluster for me, however i don’t think every era that an artist has is gonna be my cup of tea. this era hasn’t been bad, just not my type of music. the amount of people attacking her on twitter honestly disgusts me because her new music appeals to a LOT of people even if it doesn’t appeal to me and i can appreciate that. if charli enjoys the music she’s releasing then i’m happy for her. baby gives me a lot of hope for the album though so maybe she’ll make me change my mind about not loving this era once it’s out 

I'm not even gonna lie she's ABSOLUTELY serving face and body in this era. Her outfits are everything and her makeup and hair always looks flawless. The only issue is the music that she's releasing!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who isn't a huge fan of some of the singles that have been put out so far. Baby is my fav, Good Ones is a bop buuuut she sampled Mirrors by Natalia Kills so I'd honestly rather listen to that if I were to choose between the two, Beg for You is... okay, New Shapes is NOT for me. The more singles she releases the less I have hope for the album, which makes me sad because I was so excited for it :oprah: I don't want to criticize her too much because she's THE Charli XCX, she knows how to blow everyone away, but this era is not doing it for me right now. This bitch KNOWS how to pull off mainstream, 'industry plant' pop because she's practically done it before. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that she's getting some more recognition and I'm happy that she's happy. I just need the album to pop off and change my mind because my current thoughts based on the singles aren't super positive.

tumblr_n82nj4mNTi1t5c9i8o1_500.gif

4 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

Good Ones > Baby > Beg For You > New Shapes

4 hours ago, blameitonme said:

number 1 angel >> pop 2 

So much HOT tea today!

Also, agreed with the people who expressed their hope that Charli has moved past PC Music/hyperpop and shouldn't go back there (at least not for the foreseeable future). I would even go as far as saying that with Vroom Vroom, Number 1 Angel and Pop 2, she pretty much did everything she could with those genres; most of Charli and HIFN felt rather reductive in comparison for a reason. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

1 minute ago, SlowGinFizzzz said:

Also, agreed with the people who expressed their hope that Charli has moved past PC Music/hyperpop and shouldn't go back there (at least not for the foreseeable future). I would even go as far as saying that with Vroom Vroom, Number 1 Angel and Pop 2, she pretty much did everything she could with those genres; most of Charli and HIFN felt rather reductive in comparison for a reason. 

hifn is my favorite charli album but i would be lying if i said it wasn't essentially an extension of pop 2 so you still definitely have a point

i know constant repeat will send me into the atmosphere :trisha:

4 hours ago, soap said:

Good Ones is a bop buuuut she sampled Mirrors by Natalia Kills so I'd honestly rather listen to that if I were to choose between the two

this. good ones isn’t bad at all but i never listen to it because mirrors is so much better imo :eek2: the same goes for beg for you, i can’t see myself streaming it when cry for you is superior

tumblr_mxrgupWXRw1sdmzwwo1_500.gif

I think these singles are great… for a more traditional pop sound, they’re very good, if not still a little more alternative leaning, maybe… Charli still has her presence and stamp on each track…

No generic top 40, 4 chords and trap beats here… Good pop music? Yes… AND she’s pushed herself quite a lot with the choreo, don’t forget. She’s shifted, for sure, but I’d say for what she’s offering, she’s done great so far. 

2 minutes ago, the ocean said:

hifn is my favorite charli album but i would be lying if i said it wasn't essentially an extension of pop 2 so you still definitely have a point

i know constant repeat will send me into the atmosphere :trisha:

Oh don't get me wrong, they both definitely have their moments and I'm glad we have them! 2099 for example is one of my absolute favourites from her entire discography even though the whole point of that song is basically "Charli, a twink, and lots of futuristic computer/car sounds" snsjnsjsj. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

To be honest, what I think that isn't clicking for some people is just that all the A. G. produced stuff were so well constructed, with an intro, verses, chorus, break and the iconic outros and these 4 singles don't have it. Maybe if the whole album was only A.G. + OPN + Ariel + Justin Raisen production, we could enjoy even more.

18 minutes ago, SlowGinFizzzz said:

So much HOT tea today!

This is very true, i mean, her hyperpop era was her giving her best to prove that "hey i'm not just some random chick who has dipped in a few pop songs that y'all saw on the charts, i am the moment that pop culture couldnt ask for more" - She doesn't have anything to prove with this genre anymore, she's an artist & she changes, she grows, she needs to conquer a new high to expand her artistry wise & enrich her catalogue. I've been following her career since her tumblr days and i gotta say, she is one of the artists out there who gives you DIVERSITY & quality. Really sad at the fact that there's so many of her stans (mostly post Vroom Vroom era) dont get it & whining & bitching everyday about anything she does. Yes, you dont have to like everything she puts out but stay respectful is the best way that u can show her your genuine love & valid appreciation she deserves.

And also, it's sad that some of the hyperpop stans literally lack of recognition of the works she did before Vroom Vroom, even went as far as trashing them (my poor baby SUCKER didnt deserve the hate). :trisha:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 minute ago, KeybladeMeister said:

Good ones is still that girl, NGL. Such a fucking bop

yep, it might be mediocre (worst song compared to other 3 singles) but it still has that Charli's very secret spice - that bopping quality goes with it.

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

3 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

yep, it might be mediocre (worst song compared to other 3 singles) but it still has that Charli's very secret spice - that bopping quality goes with it.

Mediocre is a bit hateful LMAO.

It’s 1000% a twirl track and I love it so much 

j14CYJi.png

2 minutes ago, KeybladeMeister said:

Mediocre is a bit hateful LMAO.

It’s 1000% a twirl track and I love it so much 

nah im not hating it, it's a bop (but i listened to famade extended version because it's too freaking short like WHY charli?)

i've loved charli before her PC stuff, but most of SUCKER hasn't aged well tbh so i get the criticism. i don't hate it as much as the rest of the fandom because songs like all the singles + body of my own (one of her best ever imo), gold coins and need ur luv (yeah i said it) are GREAT, but songs like sucker, london queen, breaking up, hanging around, die tonight etc are either super generic or downright atrocious lol. i think the sound of the album is one of the best she's ever done though. 

16 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

nah im not hating it, it's a bop (but i listened to famade extended version because it's too freaking short like WHY charli?)

Nah I know, I just feel mediocre is a bit harsh LOL. Biggest problem I have with it is the length as well. 

(Someone leak the stems pls)

j14CYJi.png