Fluorine

Charli XCX

4 minutes ago, Lucy Liu said:

now that im here btw, is there a studio version of her wannabe cover with halsey cause ive been dying for that for years

giphy.gif

i don't think it was ever recorded :oprah:

i'd love to be proven wrong though i'm manifesting with you :oprah:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

5 hours ago, the ocean said:

am i the only one that thinks hyperpop charli needs to die?

i love hyperpop charli as much as the next gay but i don’t feel like she could innovate with that sound anymore it sounds old and she needs to do something different now

Can we please stop with the need of polarizing her career like this? First of all she's not really "hyperpop" when doing experimental music, she's not some ericdoa/the other 100gecs washed up copies, yes she basically opened the gates for the genere with Pop2 but her stuff is waaay more original and still/will sound fresh for a long time.

She's also very good at doing more conventional stuff and this does not mean that the quality level drops when she does, so all the rants on twitter are pretty dumb and from gays that need to feel quirky and unconventional 24/7.

This being said, her partnership with AG is still VERY profitable and it's been made clear she enjoys a lot more that kind of approach to music, at least for her solo output. She has a trademark anyway so she can do no wrong in almost any case and sound she'll pick in the future. 

33 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i don't think it was ever recorded :oprah:

i'd love to be proven wrong though i'm manifesting with you :oprah:

pretty sure she recorded the full cover with diplo and then Hervez frumpy ass remixed it into Spicy. Sounds like the same flu vocals she recorded it with way back in 2017

23 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

pretty sure she recorded the full cover with diplo and then Hervez frumpy ass remixed it into Spicy. Sounds like the same flu vocals she recorded it with way back in 2017

just thinking about spicy makes me mad 😭 

why couldn’t she just have dropped a fun cover of wannabe instead of that janky ass remix :toofloppy:

1 hour ago, drewlwhite said:

Can we please stop with the need of polarizing her career like this? First of all she's not really "hyperpop" when doing experimental music, she's not some ericdoa/the other 100gecs washed up copies, yes she basically opened the gates for the genere with Pop2 but her stuff is waaay more original and still/will sound fresh for a long time.

She's also very good at doing more conventional stuff and this does not mean that the quality level drops when she does, so all the rants on twitter are pretty dumb and from gays that need to feel quirky and unconventional 24/7.

This being said, her partnership with AG is still VERY profitable and it's been made clear she enjoys a lot more that kind of approach to music, at least for her solo output. She has a trademark anyway so she can do no wrong in almost any case and sound she'll pick in the future. 

i think you misunderstood the point i was trying to make

a. people need to stop being afraid of the term "hyperpop" - the so-called "experimental" music she's made SO FAR has fit within the genre of hyperpop - this doesn't mean it's bad this doesn't mean i don't like it but it's what the genre of music is and trying to deny that is just wrong

b. i'm not one of the twitter gays that have been shitting on crash - i actually think this is some of the best music she's made in awhile so yes i agree with you 100% there

c. i absolutely don't mind her collaborations with ag but i'm a bit confused on what you mean when you say "that kind of approach" - if you're talking about the pc music / hyperpop sound then it's profitable because she's pandering to what people want but i wouldn't even call it experimental anymore - it's good that she enjoys it and i'll take any music she's gonna make but it's become boring and predictable at this point and it contradicts with what charli said in the rolling stone article on how she wanted to make people feel a bit uncomfortable with her music - she can absolutely make music with ag that doesn't fit the hyperpop sound and i hope she continues to experiment in DIFFERENT ways in the future

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 hour ago, the ocean said:

she can absolutely make music with ag that doesn't fit the hyperpop sound and i hope she continues to experiment in DIFFERENT ways in the future

sorry to pull one line but I agree with this so much. I love Charli and AG, like HIFN is a masterpiece, but I think what was so cool about HIFN and what it really got right is that the collaborations were with producers, rather than other singer/songwriters. I think bringing in other producers makes them both incredible because they're both such creatives that it really seems like it inspires them to push themself in that song, and then also further on other songs. I think something i liked the least about s/t was that it felt a little too pc music, something i love about HIFN and the snippets we've heard of the 3(?) confirmed AG songs is that they really shifted into not just charli pushing herself but AG also really seeing how weird he can be while still fitting in a neater "pop" realm.

and I also just want to second that I am like so excited for this album like i miss album campaign/rollouts like this, we weren't getting them during the height of the pandemic

3 hours ago, brandon said:

wait….

on this watch what happens aftershow miss charles just said taxi will be released eventually…. hopefully…:creep:

XCX WORLD LIVES ON

why is someone still asking for this + why she keeps telling its going to be released like… 

:oprah3:

Charli is playing Glastonbury in June, it will likely be broadcast on TV and Radio. That’s kind of a big deal and the first festival UK I’ve seen her announced for this year, the only first wave announcement she’s been on is Prima. I’m hoping/expecting they’ll announce her later when there’s more attention when the albums out.