Fluorine

Charli XCX

do you see that? it's short videos for crash, special for spotify!

she is so pretty there, watch it!

i'm recording it now

B30-B94-B0-CB7-B-45-AF-B8-AC-F3-E181067-

xoxo, monsterxcx!

got the key can you unlock it?

I'm waiting for the vinyl to arrive any minute rn.. Can't wait!!! 

I've made this back in November and it's been gracing my desktop ever since...

xcx-crash.png

Does anyone remember how when Charli started this era she was using different typeface/fonts for each single? Did that ever go past new shapes? And is anyone able to make them usable?

5-EAF829-B-1-F87-43-C3-A34-A-C196028-AD9

At the moment I can say that it is an enjoyable commercial pop record, but rather far from her goth electropop known from the first album, let alone her colleagues' pop aims (Born to Die, Electra Heart and the like). Don't know why she kept comparing it to True Romance. It feels at times like something Ariana Grande or Katy Perry could've released, apart from those revisits to sounds from earlier decades, but isn't it a trend these days, hasn't Dua Lipa done the same? I've no idea what for this soulless sellout persona was even created to begin with, 'cause there's no story in it at all, and an excuse to make this record was not needed too 'cause I don't feel there's much of a difference between this and what she has previously worked on, to be honest. Maybe something refreshing like disco tits or I Love It in the tracklist would have helped.

All in all, it's an okay record with some catchy hits, though lyrically, well... but I'm happy seeing you enjoying it, just speaking from the perspective of someone who's admired every second of her first album, don't get me wrong, . :wave2:

highlights: good ones (instant love forever), new shapes (grower, and this angelic voice of Caroline's is to die for)

also: baby and yuck (simply catchy), lightning (nice 80s vibes)

original.gif

We need to talk about how Lotus IV is one of Charli’s best producers :true:

Gone, Cross You Out, New Shapes, Constant Repeat, and Twice… They make hits together :nails:

9 minutes ago, xcx said:

We need to talk about how Lotus IV is one of Charli’s best producers :true:

Gone, Cross You Out, New Shapes, Constant Repeat, and Twice… They make hits together :nails:

I've been saying!!! "Miss U" too

The album is great overall, album tracks better than singles. Lightning is my fave on my instant listen. Layering, thunder sounds etc. WOW!!! a moment

Beg for You is the weakest. Don't know why but there's something that stinks about it. Maybe has to do with production