Fluorine

Charli XCX

4 minutes ago, xokuba said:

release WE ARE BORN TO PLAY challenge

introducing the limited edition Charli XCX Nintendo Switch! in addition to the Timothy Luke designed exterior, it also unlocks Charli-themed Mario Kart & Super Smash Bros characters!

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Even though I don’t think the Lyricism is her best-this is clearly her most personal album. 

It’s concept is about both breaking free from destructive tendencies and people whilst also doing this herself and the hypocrisy surrounding it. 
This links with the cover-is Charli Causing the Car crash as a victim or is it intentional and her own fault?

it seems at times that she’s discussing borderline personality disorder almost:

The symptoms of BPD can be grouped into 4 main areas:

• emotional instability – the psychological term for this is affective dysregulation
  • disturbed patterns of thinking or perception – cognitive distortions or perceptual distortions
  • impulsive behaviour
  • intense but unstable relationships with others

she even has a lyric calling herself borderline funnily enough.

Twice leaves the concept open ended-is it a positive that she is ignoring the difficulties of life or is she lunging into more destructive tendencies?

Ok after 5 more listens trying to force myself to like it cause i already bought tickets    i'm getting more into the vibe of the tracks. It helps keeping in mind that it's like the Sucker of post-VV Charli, a cute album that's just not on the same level of its predecessors :true:

Used to Know Me MV when btw? :kris:

4 hours ago, BlackTulip74 said:

As much as I love the album, I’d have to agree with u. BFY’s just missing something

Yes the song feels very naked and couldve had so much more hype

Roman

10 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Even though I don’t think the Lyricism is her best-this is clearly her most personal album. 

It’s concept is about both breaking free from destructive tendencies and people whilst also doing this herself and the hypocrisy surrounding it. 
This links with the cover-is Charli Causing the Car crash as a victim or is it intentional and her own fault?

it seems at times that she’s discussing borderline personality disorder almost:

The symptoms of BPD can be grouped into 4 main areas:

• emotional instability – the psychological term for this is affective dysregulation
  • disturbed patterns of thinking or perception – cognitive distortions or perceptual distortions
  • impulsive behaviour
  • intense but unstable relationships with others

she even has a lyric calling herself borderline funnily enough.

Twice leaves the concept open ended-is it a positive that she is ignoring the difficulties of life or is she lunging into more destructive tendencies?

interesting theory but also it's not really our place to say whether she has it or not - if she feels the need to share it publicly then good for her but until then i think we should probably respect her privacy in regards to this

Just now, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

Out of the blue on RELEASE day :sadcore:

I mean I’ve had my order since November, I realize it’s first world problems - but it’s saddening…

but i mean you got a (presumably) lossless download :ma:

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

interesting theory but also it's not really our place to say whether she has it or not - if she feels the need to share it publicly then good for her but until then i think we should probably respect her privacy in regards to this

Ooh I know what you mean, apologies if anyone thought I was doing an internet self diagnosis. 

I was just examining the lyrics and the character she’s portraying itself.

1 minute ago, evalionisameme said:

Ooh I know what you mean, apologies if anyone thought I was doing an internet self diagnosis. 

I was just examining the lyrics and the character she’s portraying itself.

no no i got it :true:

i know it was nothing intended to be harmful just a disclaimer :nails:

edit: also the fact that charli's music can be interpreted in many ways proves how strong her songwriting is and the testament to how it can appeal to a lot of people's experiences :true:

Just now, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

I am contemplating canceling & looking elsewhere for my stuff.

Hide contents

And I’ll still download the album as they’ve had my money this long… :lange:

if you want to cancel it because it's slightly delayed you might as well gift it to me :ma: