Fluorine

Charli XCX

Username?

I was thinking...maybe Animal (a.k.a. imsountouchable)? But then again, he seems to be quite trustworthy when it comes to songs. Perhaps the annoying runner of that Charli blog? Or Amfunny? Hmmmm....there's one more person I know of that had it who might have been moved to leak, accidentally or not, but I don't know enough about him/her to assume so yet. 

Sadly, several more people than I had originally thought had it before the leaking. Not many, and I thought they could at least wait to share until the album was out, but looks like something went wrong somewhere. Definitely feels like a mistake to me too....

To my knowledge, there is another sampler, or at least something similar to one, but it has not been circulated to the extent this one has before leaking. 

I guess someone uploaded this so they could send it to another person they trusted, but it happened that someone found it in the meantime and posted it. It happens that some stuff considered not-leaked are online, but they're just well-hidden. "Charli XCX" as a file name means nothing, we could expect it to be her singles together, remixes, unreleased tracks, but then... it's an album sampler.

I didn't know there was another sample, thanks for bringing that up! I believe that if people don't spread this, it won't hurt Charli's projects at all. Fortunately, it seems that it's the first time something by her that definitely shouldn't be leaked gets leaked, right?

I was thinking...maybe Animal (a.k.a. imsountouchable)? But then again, he seems to be quite trustworthy when it comes to songs. Perhaps the annoying runner of that Charli blog? Or Amfunny? Hmmmm....there's one more person I know of that had it who might have been moved to leak, accidentally or not, but I don't know enough about him/her to assume so yet. 

Animal was one of the people that apparently had the sampler and unfortunately he's leaked some things that should never ever have came online in the past (not by Charli, but by other artists, like Ke$ha).

I guess someone uploaded this so they could send it to another person they trusted, but it happened that someone found it in the meantime and posted it. It happens that some stuff considered not-leaked are online, but they're just well-hidden. "Charli XCX" as a file name means nothing, we could expect it to be her singles together, remixes, unreleased tracks, but then... it's an album sampler.

Lana a great example of this - first with "Dangerous Girl," then "Prom Song (Gone Wrong)." :P 

Honestly--and this probably isn't the most prudent time to say this--I hope more stuff of Charli's appears like this. Not her new music, but some of the two dozen or so old songs she had on her MySpace...I'm beginning to worry we'll never hear them. Same goes for live videos--there used to be a ton up on YouTube, but they've all been taken down. 

I didn't know there was another sample, thanks for bringing that up! I believe that if people don't spread this, it won't hurt Charli's projects at all. Fortunately, it seems that it's the first time something by her that definitely shouldn't be leaked gets leaked, right?

I hope this doesn't get spread....hopefully this person will realize their error as soon as possible, and take the link down. And yep, to my knowledge this is the first leak! Of course, "I Like You" got posted for the first time on SoundCloud a couple weeks back, but almost everyone who cared already had it and it was on MySpace in 2008/9. 

I doubt Animal, for the reason you said. Same with anfunny, I doubt he even knows what SpillItNow is. :P I doubt it was the admin of that blog too, but you never know!

Honestly though, I'm not surprised it leaked. The number of people with it has grown quite a lot recently, especially from only one person having it a few months ago.

Yeah, I watched as more and more people started scrobbling them. :/ It happened pretty fast. 

Animal was one of the people that apparently had the sampler and unfortunately he's leaked some things that should never ever have came online in the past (not by Charli, but by other artists, like Ke$ha).

Oh, really! I've wondered about Animal for a long time. I mean, I've known about him forever, but I've never had someone explain to me his past escapades....I know (as does just about everyone else) about all them Sky/Neon/Charli/Kerli/Lolene/Little Boots/every other musician songs he has, and though I occasionally envy his collection, I know it's for the best those songs aren't getting out. 

Lana a great example of this - first with "Dangerous Girl," then "Prom Song (Gone Wrong)." :P 

Honestly--and this probably isn't the most prudent time to say this--I hope more stuff of Charli's appears like this. Not her new music, but some of the two dozen or so old songs she had on her MySpace...I'm beginning to worry we'll never hear them. Same goes for live videos--there used to be a ton up on YouTube, but they've all been taken down. 

I hope this doesn't get spread....hopefully this person will realize their error as soon as possible, and take the link down. And yep, to my knowledge this is the first leak! Of course, "I Like You" got posted for the first time on SoundCloud a couple weeks back, but almost everyone who cared already had it and it was on MySpace in 2008/9. 

Oh, really! I've wondered about Animal for a long time. I mean, I've known about him forever, but I've never had someone explain to me his past escapades....I know (as does just about everyone else) about all them Sky/Neon/Charli/Kerli/Lolene/Little Boots/every other musician songs he has, and though I occasionally envy his collection, I know it's for the best those songs aren't getting out. 

I never know for sure how I feel about leaks. We have talked about it a couple of times on Last.fm. It is weird, at the same time I wish we could be able to listen to more songs, I know most artists do not like when their old stuff come up. They get hidden after some time for a reason, and they're also unreleased for a reason. It's all about legal issues and even their artistic conception about the tracks they did in the past.

I am sure there are songs we will still hear from Charli that used to be online. I had "I Like You" and I didn't even know it wasn't really out there.

Occasionally I find myself thinking about some songs people have from the artists I like so much and that I can't listen to. Like I know Animal has songs we don't, but I understand that he can't share (and as you mentioned, it's even better when some stuff is kept undercover). I am trusted with stuff too every once in a while and I am very thankful for that, so I guess that we just need to wait for some stuff to leak... patiently.

Was doing some reading on Rick Nowels' work with Lykke Li, and turns out he's apparently been working with Charli too! :O 

Here's an article where a publication confirms this. I am sure MNEK will appear there, seeing as they've been friends since she was 16 and they have over a dozen songs together already, but most of the others on the list I haven't noticed before. Of course, Dev Hynes/Blood Orange did that song on the mixtape with her, and then they remixed "You're the One..." I just don't enjoy the idea of their musics mixing. Ariel I approve: the songs he's done with Charli that we've already heard are all masterpieces. 

I wonder if Matt Squire's songs will make the album. I had a bizarre dream last night where I met Charli in person and she hated me, and told me that we'd never hear either of them, but I really hope we do. "Dirty Love" was a disappointment for me, but his sizable discography gives me hope that these two might still be great. 

So the album sampler picture said "April 2013"...hope it's still that :ohno:

As for that sampler, were the already released songs on there the same? Or different versions? And how watermarked were they?

As for that sampler, were the already released songs on there the same? Or different versions? And how watermarked were they?

Yes, both "Stay Away" and "Nuclear Seasons" sounded the same as the released versions. And they're watermarked in a way that if the label finds out the tracks leaked, they'll be able to trace from which album sampler it came from (which is a promo given to a certain person, consequently they know who was responsible for the leak).

It was a digital watermark, so the files sound untouched. :creep: However, it said April 2012--she wanted to take more time finishing it up. However, Owl and I think April of this year sounds about right. 

It was a digital watermark, so the files sound untouched. :creep: However, it said April 2012--she wanted to take more time finishing it up. However, Owl and I think April of this year sounds about right. 

Oh, now that's not so far off. I only have Feel My Pain, I feel like I want to wait to buy You (Ha Ha Ha)...should I? :creep:

The heavens will fall in April if both Charli and the YYYs release albums. I love you, 2013 :crying:

Oh, now that's not so far off. I only have Feel My Pain, I feel like I want to wait to buy You (Ha Ha Ha)...should I? :creep:

The heavens will fall in April if both Charli and the YYYs release albums. I love you, 2013 :crying:

The version of "You (Ha Ha Ha)" on the sampler was the demo too, so I think that maybe you could listen to it while waiting to buy the final version? :)