Sign in to follow this  
Sitar

Grimes Opening the Endless Summer Tour

So glad many of you don't like grimes, I wouldn't like your pressed ass anywhere near her or her music. It's funny how most on here were affected by the fact that everyone ariund them at the show didn't enjoy her show just shows how affected you are by what other people think, how sad and pathetic if you.

It's fine, after all Lana did pick her :smokes3:

:smokes:

I love Grimes so I was already excited to see her but I thought she was great at the DTE Energy show!  I could imagine it would be hard to hear the vocals and if you were expecting to see like...a singer it could be disappointing but damn i was happy to see her play!

So glad many of you don't like grimes, I wouldn't like your pressed ass anywhere near her or her music. It's funny how most on here were affected by the fact that everyone ariund them at the show didn't enjoy her show just shows how affected you are by what other people think, how sad and pathetic if you.

It's fine, after all Lana did pick her :smokes3:

I listened to a whole album by her before I even went to the concert, right after hearing about her. I think she'd probably be a fine singer, if I could actually hear her singing. But the mixing on the albums drowns out her vocals, and it becomes an unintelligible mess. I don't even frequent this board, so I didn't even know how many people didn't like her until after the concert. 

The show bored me. It just wasn't my thing. I liked some of her songs, but overall, I was very bored. If not liking Grimes (before I even saw her in concert) makes me "sad and pathetic", then I guess I am. But I'm not pressed about her. Her music just isn't good to me, and that's it. 

But I suppose I'm sad and pathetic because I don't like her and her concert was a non-event for me. 

music artistry is such a subjective topic always.. people like different things, and to me its fine, if someone loves and artist and another cant stand them.

It doesn't mean its a personal attack against you if someone like/dislike what you or I like. Everyone should just chill out and relax about the feelings they

have towards their favorites. There is a fan for everything and anything. Not trying to preach here, but for me, i'm pretty open minded and would never put 

some fans down for something they like/dont like. Why can't you like tons? different styles, even opposites.. people are so judgmmental and opinionated, and

wiseness should prevail. Anyway, off topic totally here, like a singer named Jewel once said- in the end only kindness matters and love..

Peace out bitches.. :creepna2:

I listened to a whole album by her before I even went to the concert, right after hearing about her. I think she'd probably be a fine singer, if I could actually hear her singing. But the mixing on the albums drowns out her vocals, and it becomes an unintelligible mess. I don't even frequent this board, so I didn't even know how many people didn't like her until after the concert. 

The show bored me. It just wasn't my thing. I liked some of her songs, but overall, I was very bored. If not liking Grimes (before I even saw her in concert) makes me "sad and pathetic", then I guess I am. But I'm not pressed about her. Her music just isn't good to me, and that's it. 

But I suppose I'm sad and pathetic because I don't like her and her concert was a non-event for me. 

Well nobody should suggest that liking Grimes means you have better musical taste; it's perfectly alright not to like her. 

I would say to anyone wondering if they would like Grimes to check out her music videos first. If you don't like these, you probably won't like Grimes even with repeated exposure. Visions is the album to check out first as it was her critical break out album, but you'll also get a lot of cutting edge electronica with what's considered her popular hits (genesis, oblivion).

IMO, Grimes' relevance to LDR --on this tour-- is that Grimes is a feminist. Oblivion is a fear-of-rape song. So the fact that Grimes would open for LDR (when LDR presumably asked her to) probably follows from the fact that Grimes has historically stanned for LDR at her actuallygrimes.tumblr.com (in the sense of her saying she liked this or that LDR song/video), which means that Grimes "gets" LDR's songs/videos as art and not some kind of weird threat to the moral fiber of society (or feminism). BTW, Grimes has extremely broad taste and stans quite often (in the sense of recommending) for LOTS of very different acts; some popular, some relatively unknown (e.g. Naomi Elizabeth, a recent example, just might be as incredible as Grimes says she is). She not only stans for new and less known artists in this sense, she sometimes invites them up on stage with her at shows (e.g., like what happened with Nicole Dollanganger this past week in Toronto). So even if you don't like her songs or performance style, there's a lot to admire about her as a music advocate. 

Well nobody should suggest that liking Grimes means you have better musical taste; it's perfectly alright not to like her. 

I would say to anyone wondering if they would like Grimes to check out her music videos first. If you don't like these, you probably won't like Grimes even with repeated exposure. Visions is the album to check out first as it was her critical break out album, but you'll also get a lot of cutting edge electronica with what's considered her popular hits (genesis, oblivion).

IMO, Grimes' relevance to LDR --on this tour-- is that Grimes is a feminist. Oblivion is a fear-of-rape song. So the fact that Grimes would open for LDR (when LDR presumably asked her to) probably follows from the fact that Grimes has historically stanned for LDR at her actuallygrimes.tumblr.com (in the sense of her saying she liked this or that LDR song/video), which means that Grimes "gets" LDR's songs/videos as art and not some kind of weird threat to the moral fiber of society (or feminism). BTW, Grimes has extremely broad taste and stans quite often (in the sense of recommending) for LOTS of very different acts; some popular, some relatively unknown (e.g. Naomi Elizabeth, a recent example, just might be as incredible as Grimes says she is). She not only stans for new and less known artists in this sense, she sometimes invites them up on stage with her at shows (e.g., like what happened with Nicole Dollanganger this past week in Toronto). So even if you don't like her songs or performance style, there's a lot to admire about her as a music advocate. 

i back this 100%. really well said. and do you see how often she reps her friends nicole ( https://twitter.com/Grimezsz/status/597884156534652928 ) and hana ( https://twitter.com/Grimezsz/status/598179696908480512 ) on her twitter and tumblr? she's always trying to help out other girls trying to make their way in the industry and doing what she can to support them. while i can totally respect anyone who doesn't like her music because it's not their cup of tea, i seriously don't get any sort of hate/rude remarks about her as a person or even as an artist. i may not be a huge bob dylan fan but you would never find me using that to suggest he is anything less than a talented, hardworking artist.