James Dean

Iggy Azalea

1 hour ago, Glitter Boy said:

Her visuals for this era are exceptionally good! I liked both covers so far. I hope Sip It is on the deluxe, like she promised a while ago. Posh Spice should make it, and maybe along with NYE or Not My Favourite :nails:

Or she should just add more songs to it. As her songs are not too long, maybe a 19-track deluxe wouldn't sound impossible :brows: 

Actually, I doubt it. The 17 track deluxe is set in stone, ig,

Yeah, deluxe might be just Brazil (Remix) and N.Y.E ig (and also Sip It, since she said so back then).

Poor Posh Spice... I was really excited for that one, and I don't think her songs leak that often. I mean, there's still some tracks from DD that haven't leaked yet :rip:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

28 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

12-ish hours for it to be out in NZ.

Nights Like This might be SOTY, I fear :hype:

I'm jealoushhhh I want the album but in my country it's still left more than a day. I don't remember being this excited for an album (other than Lana's) in a while. :excited: :hype: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

6 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

I'm jealoushhhh I want the album but in my country it's still left more than a day. I don't remember being this excited for an album (other than Lana's) in a while. :excited: :hype: 

I’m afraid I won’t like some of the tracks but :shh2:

Still v excited for its release, sad that it’s her last 

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

2 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

I’m afraid I won’t like some of the tracks but :shh2:

Still v excited for its release, sad that it’s her last 

she is quitting?

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

So, umm… all this time, since the tracklist dropped, I thought that Woke Up could be Attitude, but now I don’t think it is lmao sometimes I hate her so much. Both Posh Spice and Attitude scrapped, I- :toofunny:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

The album is really her best tbh. It’s a solid 8/10 for me, ig. 
Apart from Sex On The Beach, that I don’t think will grow on me, every track is either a love it or I like and will end up loving.

Didn’t think I’d enjoy STFU and Emo Club Anthem this much lmao

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

5 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

The album is really her best tbh. It’s a solid 8/10 for me, ig. 
Apart from Sex On The Beach, that I don’t think will grow on me, every track is either a love it or I like and will end up loving.

Didn’t think I’d enjoy STFU and Emo Club Anthem this much lmao

i literally have the same thoughts on the album lmao

Title track is good... the rest :bebe:

i mean iatsc and gtwbp are ok 

but some of these are just outright... choices 

Spoiler

I love drugs, feelin too lit to cry

i love drugs, i just wanna have fun

I love drugs

not gonna waste my high

:crossed:

2 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

Title track is good... the rest :bebe:

i mean iatsc and gtwbp are ok 

but some of these are just outright... choices 

Reveal hidden contents

I love drugs, feelin too lit to cry

i love drugs, i just wanna have fun

I love drugs

not gonna waste my high

:crossed:

Omg we have the same taste here :trisha:

I am actually SHOOKETH that I ended up liking the album as a whole! With a few reviews here and there and, honestly, her history with In My Defense and Wicked Lips, I was fearing I wouldn't like it but I'm glad I do! Some replay values here for sure.

Here my comment on the album, for anyone who would care :bebe: 

Spoiler

1. Sirens. I was hoping for a fire intro the album, but this was surprisingly plain. Not too special lyrically, production is good but it lacks transitions and feels all over the place. It ends too abruptly (I'm going to omit this 'cause it happens too often in this album). Hook is too repetitive. 5/10.

2. Brazil. Production is really good! It has these typical Iggy lyrics about opulence and being the best and stuff. Her flow is great, and the hook is fire. Also, beatbox and prod. towards the end >>>. 9/10.

3. Pillow Fight. Amazing production, though a little dated. There's not much difference between verses and the hook, which annoys a little. It sounded very catchy when I listened to it, but after the album was over I barely remember. Still liked it. 9/10.

4. Emo Club Anthem. Not a fan of these club/house productions honestly, and sounds too dated. Verses are superior than the chorus. Lyrically it's okay, though it could've been way improved. Not too fond of the "I love drugs" earworm. 5/10.

5. STFU. It was unexpectedly upbeat. The chorus is fire, and I'm so here for the dnb influence. It's too energic, but goes hard, and it's too much fun. Feels a little over the place too, verses are too busy. Her flow >>>. 10/10.

6. I Am the Stripclub. Another house track. Verses > chorus, for sure, chorus feels so dead. The "I am the stripclub" repetition is a letdown for me. Final chorus should've gone harder imo. 4/10.

7. Nights Like This. It started better, from the three most house-oriented songs from the album (the others being Emo Club Anthem and I Am the Stripclub). It progressively felt the most dated so far. Chorus was too plain, crowd vocals were a no for me. The song kinda goes nowhere, which annoyed me. The production of the chorus (and overall song) felt unplished and half-baked. 4/10.

8. Woke Up (Diamonds). Production and flow are okay, with typical Iggy lyrics. Didn't like the chorus much tbh, don't know who sang it but they're not credited. Verses are much better. 6/10.

9. Is That Right (feat. BIA). Great production, hook is fire. Some transitions within the song would be appreciated. BIA's vocals add a lot to the song. The piano riff was a little too loud, but I liked it anyways. 9/10.

10. XXXTRA. Great production, typical Iggy lyrics. Flow is fire too, but it begins to feel monotonous at this point of the album. No brainer (like most of the remaining songs), it's great but not complex. Too long outro. The song could've featured someone in a bridge to take advantage of that looong outro. 7/10.

11. Peach Body. It's giving STS and I'm *so here for it!*. It's too catchy, not much to comment deep in the lyrics but I enjoyed it a lot. 9/10.

12. Sex on the Beach (feat. Sophia Scott). Sophia's chorus were cool, though the part where she says the title kinda threw me off. One of the most pop tracks in the album, of course. Caribbean vibes were great (though I'm not a fan of Caribbean / Latin music tbh). I liked the guitar throughout the song. Bridge is a letdown, much more could've been done with it - sounds like a recycled scrapped verse or something. 7/10.

13. Good Times with Bad People. Heavy Latin vibes, and shockingly I liked them. Lyrically I liked it better than most of the album, though it's not a very intricate song. Production is fire, that (trumpet?) sound throughout the track was a nice touch. 9/10.

14. Day 3 In Miami (End of an Era) [feat. Ellise]. Production was great, and I liked the parts were Iggy and Ellise sound together. However, Ellise's collaboration feels short, and the chorus should've gone somewhere else. However, it doesn't feel like the best option for the closing song in the album so. 7/10.

Overall. 7/10. Lyrically, I don't see a great improvement from Iggy's previous projects. Themes are pretty much the same (logically if she intended this album to revisit previous moments of her life when she talked about money, sex, being the best bih out there and stuff. Productionwise, this could be her best full-length album, though some songs feel definitely dated. Most of these songs felt like no brainer, which of course made me like them.

I feel like most of this album is about just being you, having fun and stuff, and it goes well with the production. I would've left off the house tracks (4, 6 and 7) completely, and included Sip It and a couple outtakes instead (Posh Spice, Not My Favourite, NYE). Don't know when will the deluxe drop but I'm lowkey here for it! Imo, Iggy's best full-length, and only below Survive the Summer and TrapGold overall in her career.

But I kinda get why this album could be her last in a while. It feels like there's not much new to talk about in her songs, which is completely valid. I hope she finds something new to inspire her future material IF she decides to make a comeback later.

Favourites: Brazil, STFU, Is That Right, Peach Body, Good Times with Bad People.

Least favourites / didn't like: Sirens, Emo Club Anthem, I Am the Stripclub, Nights Like This.

I may've been a little too generous with the review, but I genuinely enjoyed most of it so :whatever2:

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2: