Sign in to follow this  
AKA Lizzy Grant

Los Angeles, CA @ Hollywood Bowl - May 18th, 2015

I want to really really badly but the tickets are sooo expensive I definitely can't afford it

Yeah the tickets got scalped really fast and for some reason they decided to make the resale really expensive because its the hollywood bowl (and bc lana is in high demand). I was looking and nosebleed was $100...

Demos_copy.png

I'm going to this show! My tickets aren't that great because this venue is so expensive and the seats right below the stage are the most pricy (no GA)  :icant:  but I think just seeing her in Hollywood at such an iconic venue will make up for it. 

@ Are you in regular seating?  Just curious how much the tickets were.  Silver VIPs were $250 here.  To me it was worth it to get early admission and be in the front row of the pit, although I most likely wouldn't do it again (it was quite the experience!!).  I don't remember how much regular ticket prices were here.

@ Are you in regular seating?  Just curious how much the tickets were.  Silver VIPs were $250 here.  To me it was worth it to get early admission and be in the front row of the pit, although I most likely wouldn't do it again (it was quite the experience!!).  I don't remember how much regular ticket prices were here.

The problem was that there were so much scalpers. Literally in one minute, most of the tickets from the actual venue were gone. I was able to buy tickets in a decent spot (right in the middle) for around $170, and I still want to get two shirts, so that's around $240 :/ 

sgopYhV.gif

Which ones?

UATW, DR and YCBTB,

It's not only disappointing that she plays less and less the more the tour moves on, it's disrespectful towards the people who pay GOOD money to see her live. I mean, her set is just slightly longer than Courtney's and Courtney is the opening act.

Instead of adding more songs to the playlist, she cuts songs from the setlist. Some people are paying 200 bucks to see her, not including travelling costs. Like Lana, do you need a reality check how much money that is for some people?

like i predicted, she skipped 3 songs yesterday. 

are you serious?  That's ridiculous.  Say what you want about "pop" stars like Katy, Gaga, Miley, etc., but when you see them they put on full performances.

It was an amazing performance. I was in J1, (envied all the people in pool circle, garden boxes and terrace). She had a beautiful white dress on, and her vocals were perhaps the best so far on the tour imo. I loved Courtney in it too. Although bc she cut Do Right, YCBTB, and UATW the setlist sounded really similar to Paradise but with BKBB, SoC and Cruel World added.

Demos_copy.png

I've attended a lot of concerts and read a lot of reviews, and this is probably the only person ever to suggest a big star needs to pick an opening act that is somehow compatible with herself, one she can frolic with on stage.  He doesn't seem to understand that all of the people in the audience would have shown up to see Lana if there was no opening act, just like they have in the past.

Maybe Lana will do a "Cheek To Cheek" duet with Grimes a la Gaga and Tony Bennett in a future show just to make him happy.  :)

I read that review earlier today, ehhhh! Honestly I understand what he is trying to say but don't agree with it completely. Why do they somehow have to work together or play off of one another. I don't find it necessary. Two separate acts that each have their own developed aesthetics and followings are like a two for one ticket to me.    :whatever2:

Like me for example, I was D E F I N I T E L Y going for Lana! No questions! Courtney could have not performed and I wouldn't have cared. However my boyfriend was more excited about seeing Courtney! 

@@sjrq

You're right though, there was no need for an opening act lol!

Lana gets a great review in the LA Times (for her show, her voice, her songs, her staging, her everything)
YET

if one casually reads the g-d-'d review one would think it is a negative review with the first and last line qualifiers

Lana can't win for anything.

Everything about the review suggests great show, great everything

and acknowledges the sexism in music today and yesterday

yet the thing is, Devon writes (and it's a she) still writes it instead making a female unequal to a male with that last line about Pearl Jam.

Lana can't win.

Again, for anyone else, that review would not have the qualifiers and would have been a great raving fantastic review.

sometimes you just want to say f' them.

if Lana and Courtney did what the reviewers always want, then Lana and Courtney would not be Lana and Courtney.

They would be puppets of the reviewers.

What makes them Lana and Courtney is, they are unique and don't do what everyone else does nor follows commands.

Great artists don't bow to reporters.

Without great artists, writers of music would have nothing to write about and would be out a job. 

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp