PARADIXO

Worst Lana Lyrics

also I was listening to Carmen today and I realised how bad some of the lyrics are like "her mind's like a diamond" like wtf is this shit

why is that a bad lyric?

also I was listening to Carmen today and I realised how bad some of the lyrics are like "her mind's like a diamond" like wtf is this shit

Her mind's like a diamond

Her mind's multifaceted 

That's how I see it :)

Carmen is a great song imo. I think she took inspiration in the movie Breakfast at Tiffany's. For me, it's the story of a high-class prostitute.

it's so lazy and means nothing imo, it's a bad simile to have chosen

I can see what you mean. I respect your opinion, but I politely disagree.

I think it can mean so many things - her mind is sharp, her mind is clear, beautiful, multi-faceted (as kik said). I think it just captures the whole image of Carmen, who she is. The word choice is perfect, imo. It paints a picture of a deceitful, smart, sad girl.

I was going to say Take Me To Paris, but the only problem I have with it it's the melody, it's really cheesy. Still bop it though :heart: I imagine the music video to be her with this look: :candy: And her just going on a date with her boyfriend, eating ice cream, walking down the streets of Paris, wearing a really puffy short dress.

QVi1xFV.gifDrH6LWV.gif0FHXTOj.gif

He's my son,

He makes me shine like diamonds

Sun, which is less creepy.

Very unpopular, but I love the All that grace, body, face, party, etc line. It's hilarious and  after having a literal discussion about it with a few of my friends, we decided that even though it sounds dumb, how fucking flawless is this man that you want to drag him to heaven?

Playing Dangerous. I'd love it with different lyrics I think. I like "The house was already on fire, I swear I'm not a liar"

Scarface/Big Bad Wolf/ Delicious are the three worst songs she's written. The daddy daddy daddy songs are weird I guess, but I can't come for them because Little Girls is one of my fav Lana songs  :teehee:

tZ7WN4B.gif

Sun, which is less creepy.

Very unpopular, but I love the All that grace, body, face, party, etc line. It's hilarious and  after having a literal discussion about it with a few of my friends, we decided that even though it sounds dumb, how fucking flawless is this man that you want to drag him to heaven?

Playing Dangerous. I'd love it with different lyrics I think. I like "The house was already on fire, I swear I'm not a liar"

Scarface/Big Bad Wolf/ Delicious are the three worst songs she's written. The daddy daddy daddy songs are weird I guess, but I can't come for them because Little Girls is one of my fav Lana songs  :teehee:

Delicious, yes but Scarface & BBW are awesome and the lyrics totally work imo

I love this bit

Scarface, sacrifice

Sold my soul to make it nice

It was worth it, paid the price

Life is death when blow is life

Best American Record

He was cool as heck

He was cool as heck...

I feel like I don't even need to mention What about all these children, and what about all their parents? And what about all the crowns their wear in hair so long like mine? of Chokechella but this thread is that lyric's home.

I love Tomorrow Never Came but:

-Whywhywhywhywhywhywhy? People always laugh when I play that song. In that specific part.

-Isn't life crazy I said, now that I'm singing with Sean?

Get Free is one of the best songs in Lust For Life but:

I feel like the second verse could've been worded better Like my part was I, was not discerning, and you as we found out, were not in your right mind. The message of the lyrics is actually nice but it feels forced or gramatically incorrect (even though it's not). Unless that's the point or I'm missing something.

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

Get Free is one of the best songs in Lust For Life but:

I feel like the second verse could've been worded better Like my part was I, was not discerning, and you as we found out, were not in your right mind. The message of the lyrics is actually nice but it feels forced or gramatically incorrect (even though it's not). Unless that's the point or I'm missing something.

I have the same problem. I change the grammar in my head because I find that the original wording isn't flowing very well, it's a bit pedantic. (but who am i to criticise her wording LOL). I also hate "puts you in a trance" and prefer something like "sets you in a trance", i find some words too basic idk 

there's a similar problem, imho, in 13 beaches and (the first verse of) cherry 

"I'm crying while I'm cummin'" by FAR

Reported. Thank you for helping LanaBoards be a better place, have a wonderful Tuesday !