SarcasticBeauty

Life Is Beautiful

Yeah it's vocally nice, not anything new and exciting, but the lyrics are lame :(

I didn't comment this. Guess my account was hacked. I think it's a pretty song! Happy to have it, favorite recent leak is still Living Legend though!

It's sweet and I love her vocals from this era, absolutely all of them, so I'll always want more.

However, in my opinion the song wasn't worth all the years of hype. I'm so glad we finally got it, as I wanted to hear it ever since the trailer and years before I discovered this site and saw everyone else wanted the song so bad too. But the song is obviously not up to her usual standard, even for back then, because it had the constraints of being for a movie, so now I listen to it more like an interlude than a full song. And it also doesn't fit in with any of her other songs, like how usually a song leaks and we can immediately pair it up with a number of her other songs. 

I always thought it was gonna be a short 1:30 song so now that it's full length it feels repetitive but it's okay. And I can't believe we got the early mix. That's honestly the best surprise!

the production on this song is so immaculate, it fits it so well. I literally can picture this playing in a movie (I know it's for AoA, but I never watched it).

It's almost like a mix of Young and Beautiful and Bel Air. I've been listening to both versions non-stop, but i do like the louder violins on the 2012 mix

negAbhB.png

Let's be honest, those aren't her best lyrics but who cares, the song itself is great :creep:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

15 hours ago, Irvine said:

is this about someone who dies, and she refuses to accept it?

I saw this song as someone who may have attempted suicide and she's in denial/hoping it wasn't successful. As if she walked in after the attempt to find the person unresponsive & she's trying to have them come to & regain consciousness - 

Examples of the denial/hopefulness:

Don't you pretend
You're not awake
When you know you are
I see the way
You're lying there

//

God wouldn’t do that
He knows how I feel
I can’t go through that
And so it’s not real

//

Don't be so still
You never are
//
I don't believe this is the end
And I still feel your heart's desire

& then in the bridge she's sort of trying to convince the person that it doesn't have to come to this & that there's still beauty in this world (hence the song title) and instead of focusing on whatever brought them to this point, they can just get away, escape their reality, and try to see a different side of life:

Come on boy, let's go
We can hit the road
We don't have to say
Where we're going
We can go anywhere
Right now
Life is still so beautiful

The message of this song was so unexpected to me because I remember when this song first surfaced via the Adeline trailer, it seemed like such a happy song. I totally thought this song would be a nod to the more beautiful side of life, but it's totally about the darker side. I really didn't expect it, at all. The title "Life is Beautiful" may distract from how dark and sad this song really is, but when you really pay attention to the lyrics.. it really is heartbreaking x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Literally such a gorgeous song. It always cheers me up when i’m feeling down, and it gives me hope because we never thought it was gonna leak and then the impossible happened and taught me anything is possible! i’m so grateful to the leaker gods <3