harmonykorine

Zella Day

I don’t know if this happened to anyone else but I ordered the signed red vinyl and it came in the mail today…. and oddly it ends at Last Time as the last track on the record. Sunday in Heaven was not included. Which makes me so sad because it’s my favorite track. Obviously this was a mistake by whenever made the vinyl because it’s included on the track list for the record cover.. I was so confused when I was waiting for Sunday In Heaven to start, and the record just ended. :( What terrible luck I have! 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

4 minutes ago, maysparkle said:

I don’t know if this happened to anyone else but I ordered the signed red vinyl and it.. and oddly it ends at Last Time as the last track on the record. Sunday in Heaven was not included. Which makes me so sad because it’s my favorite track. Obviously this was a mistake by whenever made the vinyl because it’s included on the track list for the record cover.. I was so confused when I was waiting for Sunday In Heaven to start, and the record just ended. :( What terrible luck I have! 

That’s so odd, but if it happened to you, I imagine it’ll at least happen to all copies of the same variant unless it was a totally random mistake.

Was Radio Silence definitely on there? Because the only other scenario I can imagine is that they accidentally sent the original 10-track album to pressing before she included Radio Silence and Sunday In Heaven.

4 minutes ago, Kurt said:

That’s so odd, but if it happened to you, I imagine it’ll at least happen to all copies of the same variant unless it was a totally random mistake.

Was Radio Silence definitely on there? Because the only other scenario I can imagine is that they accidentally sent the original 10-track album to pressing before she included Radio Silence and Sunday In Heaven.

Woah now that you mention it, Radio Silence wasn’t on there!! I didn’t even notice until your comment. Side B started with Girls. That’s not what the track listing says on the back of the record either, it should start with Radio Silence. I guess they did give me the 10 track one… wish I could get my money back. 

I posted a comment on Instagram about it and she replied saying she will report it immediately and that it must be a misprint.

d4yQCBo.jpg
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

14 minutes ago, maysparkle said:

I don’t know if this happened to anyone else but I ordered the signed red vinyl and it came in the mail today…. and oddly it ends at Last Time as the last track on the record. Sunday in Heaven was not included. Which makes me so sad because it’s my favorite track. Obviously this was a mistake by whenever made the vinyl because it’s included on the track list for the record cover.. I was so confused when I was waiting for Sunday In Heaven to start, and the record just ended. :( What terrible luck I have! 

I have it at the house, Haven’t opened it yet.

Probably all like this…

:crying4:

Thanks for the heads up!

IMG-3521.jpg

2 minutes ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

I have it at the house, Haven’t opened it yet.

Probably all like this…

:crying4:

Thanks for the heads up!

Let me know how yours is! 

d4yQCBo.jpg

1 hour ago, maysparkle said:

Woah now that you mention it, Radio Silence wasn’t on there!! I didn’t even notice until your comment. Side B started with Girls. That’s not what the track listing says on the back of the record either, it should start with Radio Silence. I guess they did give me the 10 track one… wish I could get my money back. 

I posted a comment on Instagram about it and she replied saying she will report it immediately and that it must be a misprint.

Ok, she sent me a private message giving me a contact email to request a new and improved vinyl. Very strange how that happened! Everyone keep me posted if your vinyls are missing tracks, I’m curious if it was just mine or many others. 

d4yQCBo.jpg

19 hours ago, maysparkle said:

Mine just arrived today and I’m looking at the tracklist (I just put it on the turn table btw like mushroom punch is still playing) and on the tracklist, radio silence & Sunday in heaven have little stars next to the titles. Radio silence has 2 little stars next to the name and Sunday in heaven has one. I’ll keep y’all posted if those songs are on mine 

2 hours ago, lanabanana11 said:

Mine just arrived today and I’m looking at the tracklist (I just put it on the turn table btw like mushroom punch is still playing) and on the tracklist, radio silence & Sunday in heaven have little stars next to the titles. Radio silence has 2 little stars next to the name and Sunday in heaven has one. I’ll keep y’all posted if those songs are on mine 

Do the stars mean anything?

d4yQCBo.jpg

On 11/17/2022 at 4:42 AM, eyelovelefteye said:

100%. The demos are alot more raw & have clearer vocals/more life in them, Almost Good, Mushroom Punch, Sunday in Heaven, Am I Still Your Baby, & Last Time are especially better & clear. It’s probably a stylistic choice, (it works well for effect on Girls in particular) but I definitely get what you’re saying. I’m excited to hear how the vinyl sounds, maybe it’ll sound better! You can tell in the album versions she’s going for a more “mature” sound, but I love when she lets her upper register shine. It would be cool if she worked with Dan Auerbach again for the next project, he did amazing on the EP. The guy who did Man on the Moon is great too, I think he did some of the demos for a few tracks that didn’t make the album. Hopefully we get a deluxe or another EP within the year. April would be perfect time for an EP she could release on vinyl via Record Store Day again.

Where can I find the demo versions ? Especially golden ? 

I just now received my order. I added some photos for anyone who’s still waiting on theirs to arrive. Listening to the vinyl right now… hopefully there’s nothing wrong with it:poordat: She also mentioned Lana in the “thank you” section of the credits which was cute:flutter:

Spoiler

6rAdBtj_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&7nxbdWp_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&U5GalxC_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&xjWaEsf_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

3 hours ago, lanabanana11 said:

49 minutes ago, maysparkle said:

Do the stars mean anything?

The stars are referring to the fact that those two songs are produced by someone other than Jay Joyce. You can see the note on the right-hand side on the back.

I only have the long beach harbour variant so far, I’ll try to play it later today and see if anything is missing!

18 minutes ago, TropicoKitten said:

I just now received my order. I added some photos for anyone who’s still waiting on theirs to arrive. Listening to the vinyl right now… hopefully there’s nothing wrong with it:poordat: She also mentioned Lana in the “thank you” section of the credits which was cute:flutter:

Reveal hidden contents

6rAdBtj_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&7nxbdWp_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&U5GalxC_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&xjWaEsf_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Okay I just skipped through each song and It’s all kinds of fucked up. Girls, golden, and bunny are out of order and pressed onto the wrong side. Plus radio silence and Sunday in heaven are completely missing:trisha:

I feel terrible for her that it happened, pretty humiliating. But I’m sure she will make it right. I haven’t received a response to my email yet from the contact she provided to let them know about the defective record… hopefully soon!

d4yQCBo.jpg

17 minutes ago, TropicoKitten said:

Okay I just skipped through each song and It’s all kinds of fucked up. Girls, golden, and bunny are out of order and pressed onto the wrong side. Plus radio silence and Sunday in heaven are completely missing:trisha:

Oh, was this the order?

01. Mushroom Punch

02. Am I Still Your Baby

03. Dance for Love

04. I Don't Know How to End

05. Bunny

06. Girls

07. Golden

08. Real Life

09. Almost Good

10. Last Time

That was the original tracklist when the album was meant to come out Sept 2021. If so, they definitely sent this version of the album to vinyl pressing.

2 minutes ago, Kurt said:

Oh, was this the order?

01. Mushroom Punch

02. Am I Still Your Baby

03. Dance for Love

04. I Don't Know How to End

05. Bunny

06. Girls

07. Golden

08. Real Life

09. Almost Good

10. Last Time

That was the original tracklist when the album was meant to come out Sept 2021. If so, they definitely sent this version of the album to vinyl pressing.

Omg yes, the exact order:noparty:

It’s kind of strange because the album was delayed for over an entire year, and then the vinyl still weren’t ready for another 3 months after that. It’s entirely possibly that her pressings were waiting in the queue that long due to being on an indie label and all that but how did they not update the audio files in all that time?

I’m honestly not that bothered by the missing songs since that happens from time to time with last minute changes etc.. I just hate that the back cover doesn’t match what’s actually on the vinyl lol!

Also I hate to rain on your parades but I don’t see how customer service is going to help besides maybe offering a partial refund or something like that :( None of the 4 variants are sold out so they can’t really justify a new pressing and that’s the only thing that would fix the actual mistake. Maybe we’ll get an updated standard black pressing a few years down the road.