harmonykorine

Zella Day

On 10/19/2022 at 9:10 AM, forensicflowergirl said:

Same. The more I listen to it the more I like it and some of the songs I wasn’t too crazy about I am liking more. However I just have not ever been crazy about golden. Does anyone that has the demo- is the one for Golden much different?? That one hasn’t grown on me at all. I don’t like the interlude things after almost good and before last time. IDKHTE I like, I like both the demo and the album version for different reasons. Bunny is okay, I guess I expected something different. I think Radio Silence doesn’t super fit in either. Man I still really want ChinaTown, Moonslot Junkie and Cherry Heart. ZELLA. PLEASE. 

I really like the energy of the album over all. I love that she really belts it out in some, but the end of last time and Am I Still Your Baby I love how it is more dreamy sounding. I love that aspect of the album.

We need an EP with Moonslot Junkie, Gypsy Girl & Cherry Heart + 2 or 3 others, I love Chinatown but I can see why it didn’t make the album, it’s gorgeous synth pop but it wouldn’t have fit the tone of the record. I personally feel like Moonslot Junkie should’ve been on the tracklist right after Am I Still Your Baby. 

tumblr_m9qygi5S6s1rdc44xo1_500.gif

6 hours ago, eyelovelefteye said:

There’s alllllooooootttt of amazing material that didn’t make the record, literally more than an album’s worth is circulating in addition to the demos. We need an EP with Moonslot & Cherry Heart + 3 others, I adore Chinatown but I can see why it didn’t make the album, it’s gorgeous synth pop but it wouldn’t have fit the tone of the record. I personally feel like Moonslot should’ve been on the tracklist right after Am I Still Your Baby. Golden demo is great, it doesn’t have that bridge on it

Too bad I don’t know where any of it circulates

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, zombie girl said:

okay i really do love SIH, but there’s one little thing that’s been bothering me about the album that i haven’t been able to put my finger on… and i think i realized that it is just wayyyy too compressed for me and i think it kind of takes some emotion out of the songs. i think that’s also why i prefer the IDKHTE demo.

i didn’t even realize that was the issue until i brought the files into logic because some songs have a “fade out” that only fades like halfway and doesn’t even transition into the next song which sort of bothers me a lot so i was just gonna fix that :rip: and then i realized that most of the songs are literally the exact same volume all the way through, like no dynamics at all, not even just a decibel or two. i think these songs are going to be so much more emotional when they’re played live

100%. The demos are alot more raw & have clearer vocals/more life in them, Almost Good, Mushroom Punch, Sunday in Heaven, Am I Still Your Baby, & Last Time are especially better & clear. It’s probably a stylistic choice, (it works well for effect on Girls in particular) but I definitely get what you’re saying. I’m excited to hear how the vinyl sounds, maybe it’ll sound better! You can tell in the album versions she’s going for a more “mature” sound, but I love when she lets her upper register shine. It would be cool if she worked with Dan Auerbach again for the next project, he did amazing on the EP. The guy who did Man on the Moon is great too, I think he did some of the demos for a few tracks that didn’t make the album. Hopefully we get a deluxe or another EP within the year. April would be perfect time for an EP she could release on vinyl via Record Store Day again.

OK do yall think we will be getting a deluxe? i was making a topster last night and when i typed in Sunday In Heaven, two versions of the cover art came up and it reminded me how easy it would be for her to expand the album w a deluxe and an outtake from the photoshoot as a cover art

3 hours ago, lanabanana11 said:

OK do yall think we will be getting a deluxe? i was making a topster last night and when i typed in Sunday In Heaven, two versions of the cover art came up and it reminded me how easy it would be for her to expand the album w a deluxe and an outtake from the photoshoot as a cover art

I don't think she will, but I could see her releasing a companion EP next year with maybe a few songs from those sessions next year kinda like Where Does The Devil Hide

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

Does anyone know when the physical media is going to ship now that it’s been delayed for a while? She talked about it in one of her lives last month, but I don’t remember what she said and I’m too lazy to look for it 

23 hours ago, TropicoKitten said:

Does anyone know when the physical media is going to ship now that it’s been delayed for a while? She talked about it in one of her lives last month, but I don’t remember what she said and I’m too lazy to look for it 

Anytime before the upcoming week is over, more than likely Wednesday, Thursday or Friday