Sebastian

Honeymoon

Is this about Francesco?

Since it's not fashionable to lover her, it can only be about a relationship after being famous. So it's either Francesco or Barrie. 

There are violets in your eyes

Well IDK Barrie has green eyes if I saw well in pictures and Francesco too

Pico Boulevard in your used little bullet car if we choose

I don't know it's always Lana who drives and isn't Barry broke can he even afford car? :crying2:

Mr. Born to lose

:brows3: 

This is a mystery to me  :crossed: 

I like the lyrics, those who are preparing to nitpick about it needs to get real: HM will be about love, relationships etc. I read some reactions that she needs to change her theme, no, she just had to drop the overused tropes in her lyrics and I don't see daddies or red dresses here. The lyrics are expressive as always and have much more into it than some wannabe poets here would credit them

Led Zeppelin Whole lotta love

You need coolin', baby, I'm not foolin', 
I'm gonna send you back to schoolin', 
Way down inside honey, you need it, 
I'm gonna give you my love, 
I'm gonna give you my love. 

Wanna Whole Lotta Love 
Wanna Whole Lotta Love 
Wanna Whole Lotta Love 
Wanna Whole Lotta Love 

You've been learnin', baby, I bean learnin', 
All them good times, baby, baby, I've been yearnin', 
Way, way down inside honey, you need it, 
I'm gonna give you my love... I'm gonna give you my love. 

Wanna Whole Lotta Love 
Wanna Whole Lotta Love 
Wanna Whole Lotta Love 
Wanna Whole Lotta Love 

You've been coolin', baby, I've been droolin', 
All the good times I've been misusin', 
Way, way down inside, I'm gonna give you my love, 
I'm gonna give you every inch of my love, 
Gonna give you my love. 

Wanna Whole Lotta Love 
Wanna Whole Lotta Love 
Wanna Whole Lotta Love 
Wanna Whole Lotta Love 

Way down inside... woman... You need... love
Shake for me, girl. I wanna be your backdoor man. 
Keep it coolin', baby.

This is one of the greatest LedZep tune, and I could post from the Stones, Beatles etc. Lana is no worse than these, so for those of you who are saying that Lana's lyrics are 8th grade lyrics, go and fuck yourselves. In the 8th grade you barely learned to write and read properly hunty. I don't say that Lana is a great lyricist but is not half as bad as some of you here are suggesting she is. With these type of "fans" Lana you don't need haters. She puts something out which is intrigiung and the spoiled fans are bitching around like some misguided dorks.

I was thinking about the lyrics, and I think the theme of the song is escapism. Could this be the theme of the album as well? Well, we can't know yet but maybe, did Ultraviolence (the song) perfectly capture the theme of the album? Anyway, here is my interpretation of the lyrics

We both know that it's not fashionable to love me

But you don't go cause truly there's nobody for you but me

We could cruise to the blues

Wilshire Boulevard if we choose

Or whatever you want to do

We make the rules

The first verse describes the problem - Lana is not well-liked, we can assume that she is hurt by this on a deep level and causes her sadness, but she is not about to get depressed over that here. She looks for a distraction from her problems, and finds that in focusing on a relationship with this person which can only be right, since he is "the one" for her. Lana is also the only one for his boy, which reassures her insecurities, even if no other loves her, this guy will...maybe only because he has no other choice, but still...

Our honeymoon

Our honeymoon

Our honeymoon

Say you want me too

Say you want me too

Dark blue

Dark blue

The chorus talks about getting away from her troubles by focusing on her lover and the relationship they share, she wants reassurance that he wants her because she is aware that many people don't - she wants the relationship to work. When she feels the need to question her importance to her signficant other, this question is motivated by her fear of being alone and lonliness. These feelings are within her, but under the surface. When asking the quesiton, they stem from her insecurities, hence the Dark Blue, Dark Blue lines. These feelings play on in the back of her mind and influence the way she behaves and perceives the world.

We both know the history of violence that surrounds you

But I'm not scared, there's nothing to lose now that I've found you

We could cruise to the news

Pico Boulevard in your used little bullet car if we choose

Mr. Born to lose

Lana sees that the guy is not perfect but he accepts him as he is, she is clearly convinced that he is good for him, and talks about the things they can do together, through the activity and enjoying each other both of them distract themselves from their problems.

Our honeymoon

Our honeymoon

Our honeymoon

Say you want me too

Say you want me too

Dark blue

Dark blue

There are violets in your eyes

There are guns that blaze around you

There are roses in between my thighs and fire that surrounds you

It's no wonder every man in town had neither fought nor found you

Everything you do is elusive to even your honey dew

Here talks about why he loves the guy and how good and true their love is. The "roses between my thighs" line refers to the intimacy they share, and the fire that surrounds you, I guess is passion, (passionate lovemaking?). Everything you do is elusive, as in Lana is in awe of her man and the things he does (to her)

Our honeymoon

Our honeymoon

Our honeymoon

Dreaming away your life

Dreaming away your life

Dreaming away your life

I think the closing lines are very telling, and very fitting. Dreaming away your life....not focusing on what is wrong, but finding something better to do, to give your attention to, finding ways to be happy even in the face of problems. Breaking away from problems feels like going on a Honeymoon... Once I read that happiness is not about everything being perfect, but looking past the problems and finding something that is right.  I get the sense that this song "Honeymoon" is about that too

i hope this is the Radio/Sad Girl of the album ie. the useless filler track with dumb lyrics

What is bad in these lyrics may I ask you? You are taking about stupid lyrics when you have that mediocre Marina in your avi whose music is forgotten in one week? I never cringed harder than when I listened to the ridiculous songs from Froot tbh so it's a little disconcerting when a Marina stan is objecting at any lyrical content

What is bad in these lyrics may I ask you? You are taking about stupid lyrics when you have that mediocre Marina in your avi whose music is forgotten in one week? I never cringed harder than when I listened to the ridiculous songs from Froot tbh so it's a little disconcerting when a Marina stan is objecting at any lyrical content

what is the point in attacking someone else and who they are a fan of just cause you don't agree with what they said

oh my fucking GOD why the fuck are you trying to start shit????????????????????????? and what does marina have to do with any of this LOL dont be so pathetic 

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

'Mr Born To Lose' is a specific reference to junkie chic rockers - it's not as random as everyone seems to think  :facepalm:

They judge her music like 8th grade lyrics and they are on a Lana fansite. I really feel that her career is truly fucked up. In her place I woud retire, have kids and I would enjoy life spending my inheritance and my money earned with music. She'll never found any respect for her artistry and if that is what she wants better for her to retire already 

oh my fucking GOD why the fuck are you trying to start shit????????????????????????? and what does marina have to do with any of this LOL don

You started the shit by judging Lana's lyrics as dumb without any arguments. In my opinion Marina is a dumb lyricist so it was surprising that you judged so severly Lana's lyrics being a fan of someone who writes a lot of dumb lyrics

Honestly I'm not worried because I remember that when the Paradise teaser was released on youtube everyone was talking about how embarrassing the lyrics were, and exactly the same thing happened with UV, but both Paradise and UV turned out to be really great albums. These lyrics aren't that amazing but they are definitely not Lana's worst and it's not fair to judge a song based on it's lyrics alone. The lyrics are only like 1/4 of a song and melody, vocals and production are just as important.

Personally I think the imagery is really beautiful, and I'm pretty sure that if these lyrics came from a Lizzy Grant acoustic laptop demo everyone would be praising them. But as I said earlier I think she really wanted a title track so she tried forcing the Honeymoon theme into one song, just like with UV (song).

I AM MY ONLY GOD

lyric book is cute but its like shes not even trying

You started the shit by judging Lana's lyrics as dumb without any arguments. In my opinion Marina is a dumb lyricist so it was surprising that you judged so severly Lana's lyrics being a fan of someone who writes a lot of dumb lyrics

chill

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

I didn't really like the lyrics at first but now I kinda see the 'beauty' in them. Although the chorus is still bothering me. I want Lana to go back to more complicated choruses like in National Anthem etc but I guess we just have to wait and see. And no matter what, I think she is a brilliant lyricist, just look at Old Money and almost all her other songs.

tumblr_n6cj8pJlIg1sd2qroo1_500.gif

i judged 2 of her songs because i don't like them but you came out of fucking NOWHERE and tried attacking me + bringing Marina in for no reason except for the fact that you wanted to start shit...jfc, quit the stan mentality, i was literally just stating my opinion

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I don't know why, but the lyircs kind of remind me of JFK ?

Maybe it's the lyrical structure ( For me at least both feel hymnic) or it's just her using  weird metaphors in both songs.  :D 

I don't think you really want to go there. No matter if you like Marina's music or not, her lyrics are written in a smart way and DEFINITLY have more diversive themes than Lana's "I'm almost always about love, relationships, men and Americana-references".

I don't know why you all are so cros about the lyrics though ... they are not great but I think they are ok. Lana has a bunch of really nice lyrics but she also has maaaaaany songs which are about the same thing over and over again, so it's no suprise they won't improve out of nothing. In many cases, Lana's lyrics become great when she sings them and not because they are so well written.

I think the Honeymoon lyrics are definitly lazy and "the same stuff she did 1000 times" but yeah .. I didn't really expected anything else. As long as the song will sound good I'm ok with that.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!