11 minutes ago, pin up galore said:

I have tickets to see the movie on Saturday - I'm not a big Halsey fan and haven't listened to any of her albums but the trailer had me gooped I have to see it :dua: should I listen to the album before I see the movie or do you think it'll be worth the wait to go into the theater with no knowledge of how the album sounds? I love NIN so the Trent Reznor production has me excited 

I'd listen to it beforehand. A few people who have seen it have said the music doesn't go with the film in parts, but the album is so intricately produced that I think you'd miss a lot of the lyrics/production flourishes being so focused with what's going on on the screen.

BzhmW.png

It sounds like just another Halsey project...

I was really waiting for the album to drop...

The opener is ICONIC....its too good.

But I dont really like the other songs..they're too poppy, too heavy. ..?

I was expecting something darker sonically and darker production.  Not tooo much beat infused.

:( idk 

Possibly their best album in years. Trent really pulled it off on the production and it sounds fresh, different and cohesive. 

The sound on this record reminds me of a more mature version of Hopeless Fountain Kingdom with some throwbacks of Badlands drenched into the mix but still sounding modern.

My only complaints on this record is the tracklist length and the abrupt ending on BISF. I wish it was 16-18 tracks rather than 13. My favorites are Bells in Santa Fe, Whispers, You asked for this, Honey, Ya’aburnee and 1121.

Overall a solid, well designed and texturized concept album.

8.5/10

Rating of the albums: BL > IICHLIWP > HFK > Manic

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

3 hours ago, FrankNotOcean said:

Is it just me or Bells In Santa Fe ends so abruptly?

Yeah, then going into Easier than Lying is super jarring.

But WOW now at least 3 of my favourite Halsey songs are here! (Easier than Lying, you asked for this, honey, also Girl is a Gun so maybe 4). 

Easier than Lying is probably my no. 1! The ending! Honey also ends really sweet. 

Other than those, Whispers, IANAWIAG and Bells in Santa Fe also stand out. More than half the album = success for me.

Halsey did so well, and it still seems to just be out of nowhere. I think this is the first time I've been so taken by one of her albums. Even badlands took me a few months to get into and I never fully came around to HFK or Manic in full. I'm really excited for the movie! I won't be seeing it in the cinema but I sure as hell will buy it. 

girl is a gun, 1121, the lighthouse, whispers and the tradition are the only songs I really enjoyed. The Tradition sounds super similar to Your Star by Evanescence which is kinda neat. It also sounds like another song which idk but yeah. 

Other than that, the album isn’t doing an awful lot for me. not really in a ‘I need more listens’ way either. maybe im just outgrowing her but it’s disappointing, BL/HFK are two of my fav albums. 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

I heard the first 5 tracks and I really enjoyed the 1st 2, (tradition and the bells of Santa Fe) but the 3/4 following that didn’t do too much for me. The more deliberate slow pace of the first 2 tracks sounds better than the more aggressive stuff imo. 

Was the new album a serve girlies? Haven't listened yet, i was so busy with the online assignments :crai:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I thought the album was FINE... I feel like each song didn't really go anywhere

It gave me K-12 vibes where the album is probably better with the movie rather then just a stand-alone listen

1121, Whispers, and The Tradition were my favorites 

Steam Community :: :: The Lindsay Lohan

Her best album, wow. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde