HFK grew on me with every year that has passed. At first I was like "this is a mess, she doesn't know what she's doing" and I suppose that's because I took her word for it that she would be doing the concept album better than the examples she gave (Born To Die and AM), which it definitely didn't succeed in doing. Imo, the album probably has half skips (the same way I see Manic) but half really good pop songs that I love unashamedly. It all seemed experimental to me, but an experimental success for sure. 

But still...

IICHLIWP > Badlands & Room 93 > HFK > Manic. 

On 7/2/2022 at 4:21 PM, clementines said:

hopeless fountain kingdom is such a perfect album, sad she doesn't love it.

there are 3 skips for me (lies, sorry, and don’t play) BUT I think the rest is excellent and it’s a super overhated album. 

aOaIzH2.gif

10 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

there are 3 skips for me (lies, sorry, and don’t play) BUT I think the rest is excellent and it’s a super overhated album. 

i only skip the prologue and good mourning (and replace lie with the live solo VEVO presents version we have)

As opposite to what y'all are saying, I listen to like very few songs in hfk:

Eyes Closed

Heaven in Hiding

Alone

Good Mourning

Bad at Love

Devil in Me

Hopeless

Besides those, I sometimes play 100 Leters, Now or Never and Walls Could Talk. The rest :um3:

And I absolutely despise Don't Play :wtf2:

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

3 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

As opposite to what y'all are saying, I listen like to very few songs in hfk:

Eyes Closed

Heaven in Hiding

Alone

Good Mourning

Bad at Love

Devil in Me

Hopeless

Besides those, I sometimes play 100 Leters, Now or Never and Walls Could Talk. The rest :um3:

And I absolutely despise Don't Play :wtf2:

don't play high key the worst thing she's ever released. agree that the songs you list are the best ones on hfk– bad at love & now are never still hit so hard (the first halsey songs i liked).

aOaIzH2.gif

5 hours ago, ALIEN SUPERSTAR said:

what album is this?

It's Arctic Monkeys - AM (not Lana! Oops)

5 hours ago, The Siren said:

i would switch manic and HFK but but a = instead of a > :tea:

I definitely see it that way too tbh, it's just lately I've been so much more appreciative of HFK! I have to give it some credit bc I've probably slandered it before :raven:

5 hours ago, rightofjupiter said:

just messaged u

Thank you! I messaged you back ☺ 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

9 hours ago, 111 said:

deluxe tomorrow

9am US

nightmare

nightmare - reprise

people disappear here

1121 (demo)

honey (demo)

lilith (demo)

It's a shame there are no more outtakes or the nightmare demo. 

But I'm very excited ♥ this album is her best. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

18 minutes ago, clementines said:

Hopeless is deadass one of her best songs 

THIS an incredible song, gets me every single listen...the longing, the regret, the hope, the resignation....:defeated:

VERY EXCITED about the deluxe release tomorrow!! the 1121 demo they've been playing on tour is great, honey is thee dyke bop and i'll take every version i can get, ditto lilith)

unreal how incredible this record is, i remain obsessed 

aOaIzH2.gif

10 hours ago, 111 said:

deluxe tomorrow

9am US

nightmare

nightmare - reprise

people disappear here

1121 (demo)

honey (demo)

lilith (demo)

Didn't even know of a deluxe's existence but some outtakes would've been more appreciated. BUT I'm glad she's promoting her best album properly :flutter: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

I can definitely see why they changed 1121 for the final version to get the message across more, but the demo has that energy that You asked for this/People dissappear here has, which is honestly my favourite vibe from Halsey.

Im SO glad they changed Honey to a rock song. I cannot say it would have been a top track for me if it had remained like its demo. 

I feel neutral about the Lilith demo, but I do think I like the album one better, surprisingly, because I thought it was pretty dull on first listen. 

This whole album process is really fascinating tbh, like some of the tracks were more rock in their demos then changed more electronic/pop (?), then some were changed to be less rock from their demos. I remember hearing that they changed a lot of the production to get the lyrics across more and I agree with every single choice that was made. I wish we could have heard the Girl Is A Gun demo, because that was one of the demos where she said the production changed a lot.