14 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

I am STILL not over 1121 - John Cunningham Demo

Such a different vibe from the final version ♥ both are great 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

13 hours ago, rightofjupiter said:

Love & power tour/era was so fucking good ugh obsessed w her, what a queen

mad i missed out on that tour but it’s so crazy to me how she gets better and better with every album. 

52 minutes ago, letterblue said:

mad i missed out on that tour but it’s so crazy to me how she gets better and better with every album. 

they really do, can't wait to see what she does next...stereogum listed halsey as one of the most anticipated albums of 2023, idk if they're assuming new music is coming soon or have insider info :oic2:

aOaIzH2.gif

I wonder if we would get to hear the original Maniac songs/versions one day. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

6c5227680274a6f6a4198cce9db286d2755c9b046a0428a8df7d9510b43e6a4324f072fb1701e1ca6b6a8328c4ab0505cb53704d6983d229220e31b6

the way i cannot get over this look....wish i could pull off this hair

8 hours ago, EXODUS said:

I wonder if we would get to hear the original Maniac songs/versions one day. 

i really hope we get a manic live anniversary album eventually! would pay so much $ for a webster hall manic show, i am still so sad that tour got cancelled bc covid

aOaIzH2.gif

2 hours ago, rightofjupiter said:

i really hope we get a manic live anniversary album eventually! would pay so much $ for a webster hall manic show, i am still so sad that tour got cancelled bc covid

I want that live album too! 

I also hope a future 10th anniversary deluxe edition of Badlands includes all the outtakes and other versions of some of the songs. 

I feel like she presents herself in a very angry /political way and comes off as unlikeable but i really do believe she is very talented. And with this last album she has proven herself! No big productions or promotion needed just pure art And BOPs… 

amazing how Trent Reznors production works so well with her songwritting, one of those surprisingly good pairings. Manic was all over the place even if some of the songs were good It didnt make sense why leave Nightmare out when Its a fantastic track! 

Here she showcases a lot if variety without going off topic and mantaining the medieval clautrophobic atmosphere though the album. My top Standouts are: 

1. Honey

2. Easier than Lying

3. The Tradition 

4. 1121

5. Whispers

6. Bells in Santa Fe

Nightmare (reprise) is aslo a nice addition and they have reworked it flawlessly! I never though I would enjoy a project of hers as much as I did this (even 1 year later) 

my relationship with her was very rocky. i liked badlands, hopeless fk was so bad, manic was a mess but there are SOME 10/10 songs  and if i cant have love... is one of my fav albums ever and being able to see her on touring her album made me NOT a stan but appreciate her more obviously. i'm looking forward to what she will release next.