Updates! As y'all know her socials have turned blank, but soon after she posted about a show she'll be doing at the webster hall! Tickets go up at 5:17 PM EST tomorrow, which is speculated to also be a date for when she releases the lead single (Since May 17th is a Friday)

She also tweeted a couple of days ago in response to a fan that the album would have a lot of songs 'like Gasoline', which makes sense with the other update-

^ she changed her instagram bio to some odd nightmare themed site, AND she has nightmare tattooed on her back?

Okay fucking love Nightmare. Damn she snapped so hard. So, for y'all who keep tabs on her, anyone got the tea on what's going on? When Without Me dropped she was very adamant that it was a one-off song and that she was taking a break before recording her next record. But I was thinking lately her label might talk her into jumping right back in with a new album since the unexpected success, like omg I can't believe how well it performed (and is still performing!!). So is Without Me still being considered a non-album single??? It'd make more sense for the label to throw it in with the album for promo (like how Charli's label added Boom Clap to Sucker since it was such a big single)... unless it's another concept record of course. BASICALLY I am just asking if Nightmare is the lead single for album 3 or if it's being considered the 2nd lmfaooo I'm sorry for being all over the place y'all I'm a real mess.  :defeated:

edit:

is this YUNGBLOODS influence?

I didn't see this when I made my post but YES I was totally thinking the same thing. I think Dom has really inspired her + hopefully the upcoming album!!!

TjmiIK4.png

Okay fucking love Nightmare. Damn she snapped so hard. So, for y'all who keep tabs on her, anyone got the tea on what's going on? When Without Me dropped she was very adamant that it was a one-off song and that she was taking a break before recording her next record. But I was thinking lately her label might talk her into jumping right back in with a new album since the unexpected success, like omg I can't believe how well it performed (and is still performing!!). So is Without Me still being considered a non-album single??? It'd make more sense for the label to throw it in with the album for promo (like how Charli's label added Boom Clap to Sucker since it was such a big single)... unless it's another concept record of course. BASICALLY I am just asking if Nightmare is the lead single for album 3 or if it's being considered the 2nd lmfaooo I'm sorry for being all over the place y'all I'm a real mess.  :defeated:

when she said that she was taking a break on twitter, a few weeks after releasing Without Me, on the same tweet she said "I will start the 3rd album very soon" so I don't think the label made her made anything tbh (also in August she tweeted this: https://twitter.com/halsey/status/1035024757270478854)

Also, Without Me for me is more like a B-Side of HFK than the lead single of H3, like sonically is very similar to her last album and also the lyrics make sense with the concept, at least for me they do.

giphy.gif

I am just asking if Nightmare is the lead single for album 3 or if it's being considered the 2nd

I think it's safe to assume that Without Me will be on the album just as a selling point and the streams, but I see Nightmare being treated as the lead single, it seems like a new sonic and visual direction.

I don’t like Halsey but she snapped on this single. It’s refreshing it’s not generic as her other recent songs. Reminds me of Perfect Illusion in a way that she released something that wasn’t necessarily popular right now.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

i am obsessed. i cannot wait for the whole record, the visuals are gonna be soo good. she puts so much effort in them, we stan a visual artist!

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

I rlly wanna hear the instrumental for Nightmare  :flutter:

TjmiIK4.png