I never really was into Halsey, enjoyed just two songs from hopeless fountain kingdom, tried getting into Badlands a few days ago but failed terribly. The new album is suprisingly interesting, however; a really decent record. :smile4:

original.gif

I enjoy the record but the only 2 songs that really wow me are Bells in Santa Fe and I am not a Woman I’m a God. I think these tracks represent the most successful hybrid of Halsey pop and NIN production. 

after only casually liking some of halsey’s songs i didn’t know what to expect, but yeah… i’m shook, this album is really good! :oprah2: NIN’s production is outstanding. love the atmosphere, so cohesive yet varied.

not a bad song on here but my favs are probably The Tradition, Bells In Santa Fe, Lilith, Girl Is A Gun, Whispers, I am not a woman, I'm a god, The Lighthouse

I either love or hate Halsey. I thought she was one of the coolest artists in her Badlands era because her style was everything I wanted in freshman-sophomore. Then she became pretentious with the shampoo bullshit and "I'm not pop I'm alt" and I started to hate her. I didn't show interest in her music except in singles, her relationship and collab with G-Easy showed how "alt" she was and at that point she seemed very hypocritical, plus all the lies of her being homeless. Then posted very cringy immature stuff during quarantine. This summer I bought used vinyl of Badlands on Ebay for a bargain out of nostalgia and with the latest album she restored my liking to her. She seems like she really matured in literally an year and I respect her pop rock/alt path because it fits her voice and vibe the most. My friend is a kpop stan and even she thinks that Halsey should be a pop/alt artist influenced by rock. I like only 1/3 song from her latest album because I had patience for them only lol. I'm looking forward into getting vinyl because Halsey never seems to disappoint with the aesthetic. 

Edit: Now I like 10/13 songs of the newest album and it's 5th on my wishlist. So I will be probably buying it in an year because a girl needs to pay student fees. :emma:

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

12 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

I got tickets for the 48 hour streaming! :party:

I hadn't streamed the album much since the release until a few days ago and I'm back on the train now

i think i'm gonna get a ticket too cuz there were so many probs at the screening i went to and i missed a chunk of it. 

i loooove the album but haven't been streaming it as much as i thought i would, partly bc i'm depressed and it's such a dark album (when i'm sad i tend to listen to brighter pop).

aOaIzH2.gif

The film is shot beautifully, and I actually enjoyed the very little talking. It felt less forced than what I remember with K-12. And it felt more of like a personal testament to what she's been through in her life and how she feels moving forward (and it's very dark), which reminds me of how Tropico felt to me. Sorry to compare all these music films that aren't in the slightest related, but these are like the only ones ive seen. 

Yet at the same time I kinda dont' get it. I can't wait for some reviews so I can read what people take from it, or interviews that I haven't come across yet. But even though I don't get it, I like the ending! I think the start and the ending were the best, with the middle part kinda meh. 

The bath scene near the beginning was gorgeous. Honestly my favourite part. 

I really appreciate having the album released with that amount of time in advance to me seeing it, because it let me develop such a liking to it on it's own. 

so excited for SNL tomorrow! song predictions? i'm thinking i am not a woman im a god (this will bang, obvs) and darling...though i'm wishing for bells in santa fe or yaaburnee for the second song since she didn't do either for livestreamed concert.

aOaIzH2.gif

This new album made me fall back in love with Halsey. I did enjoy HFK and Manic but they really didn’t give me the same buzz Badlands did, but IICHLIWP the movie + film were everything I could’ve ever wanted from her. Not a single song I don’t like and the movie makes the songs even better. Even though I think it could’ve been longer and had more dialogue so the story could’ve been clearer, the movie is really well shot and on second watch the story makes more sense. I don’t know if this album tops Badlands for me since it holds such a special place in my heart, but I do think it’s a great project. I really hope she makes more films in the future, she has a really great talent for it. 

Really excited that this album got her a Grammy nomination. So proud of her and hope she can win it cause she def deserves :flutter:

giphy.gif 

On 8/27/2021 at 1:02 AM, Lindsay Lohan said:

I thought the album was FINE... I feel like each song didn't really go anywhere

It gave me K-12 vibes where the album is probably better with the movie rather then just a stand-alone listen

1121, Whispers, and The Tradition were my favorites 

I'm disgusted with myself for saying such a horrendous LIE

This is probably one of my top 5 albums ever. Truly the AOTY for 2021 :crying5:

Steam Community :: :: The Lindsay Lohan

I'm super happy she added the bonus tracks 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde