Jump to content
FFXSoul91

HANA

Recommended Posts

I like guardian, Moonwell and black orchid. the rest are obviously good too and it sounds like good gamer girl music, or something to play around the house at night with the fairy lights on.

I don't reaaallly see the point in Chimera 2.0 but it's not bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HANA released a new single ‘So & So’ at midnight! 

 


49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Video for So & So :) 

 

 


49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Her debut EP was hauntingly beautiful, very ethereal. 

I had big expectations about the debut album as HANA and I take it more as a rushed experiment, most of the songs sound the same, so I want her to make another proper EP or album with a different sound. 

 

I wonder what happened to her second EP with Black Hole in it. 

 

This new single is just... Not it. It sounds bland to me and makes me 0 excited. 

 

Satellites is the most similar to her debut EP, and Black Hole is cute too. 


Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia/Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin •

Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore/Hayley Williams • 
Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Florrie • HANA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I'm a fan of her since her Hana Pestle myspace days, when she changed her career for good I was impressed.

  • "HANA" EP is stellar, every single song really stand out on their own, she brought up something different yet catchy to the table.
     
  • I really thought her career was uphill and it was just the beginning of greater stuff, more considering how close she is to Grimes (and Bloodpop, kinda).
     
  • Then she released the AMAZING "Here Comes the Rain" cover and wooooow.
     
  • After that, she released "Black Hole" as the first single of a short EP of old songs before releasing her brand new release (which none of those happen ugh)
     
  • Then she released her "debut" album "HANADRIEL", and I get it, it was made real quick live on twitch with the help of her fans, but the album is very underwhelming and most of the tracks sound the same to me. The only song that leave me impressed was the opening track "Satellite" which is the one that sounds the most to her debut EP. I thought "ok, this album was a quicky, her next stuff will be stellar I'm sure".
     
  • Bloodpop and HANA teased a collab and even released art for it, yet it's still unreleased, it's been two years I guess lol.
     
  • Then she released "SO&SO" and again, it was kinda meh to me, it lacked a spark. Thought again "No biggie, let's see what comes next".
     
  • After this point, she has only released random collabs with different electronic or techo artists, which none of them really hits home like her EP or HANADRIEL.
     
  • She released an EP with Durante, a collab EP,  none of them caught my attention:
    https://open.spotify.com/album/66dgjRn8ntnVt2NpYtcRbF?si=2sf-k7wDR2egRE6g--lAXg
     
  • She recently released this EP and she hardly has vocals on it and it's pretty underwhelming if you are not into this genre (pay mind that it's a collab EP)
    https://open.spotify.com/album/7hBWsXRF3UzahsPs9fgDcp?si=6_4mVx7hS_aAkIe-anDEKg
     

I feel super disappointed by now, but I would love to know your opinions about her latest releases post-HANA EP


Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia/Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin •

Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore/Hayley Williams • 
Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Florrie • HANA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, EXODUS said:

So, I'm a fan of her since her Hana Pestle myspace days, when she changed her career for good I was impressed.

  • "HANA" EP is stellar, every single song really stand out on their own, she brought up something different yet catchy to the table.
     
  • I really thought her career was uphill and it was just the beginning of greater stuff, more considering how close she is to Grimes (and Bloodpop, kinda).
     
  • Then she released the AMAZING "Here Comes the Rain" cover and wooooow.
     
  • After that, she released "Black Hole" as the first single of a short EP of old songs before releasing her brand new release (which none of those happen ugh)
     
  • Then she released her "debut" album "HANADRIEL", and I get it, it was made real quick live on twitch with the help of her fans, but the album is very underwhelming and most of the tracks sound the same to me. The only song that leave me impressed was the opening track "Satellite" which is the one that sounds the most to her debut EP. I thought "ok, this album was a quicky, her next stuff will be stellar I'm sure".
     
  • Bloodpop and HANA teased a collab and even released art for it, yet it's still unreleased, it's been two years I guess lol.
     
  • Then she released "SO&SO" and again, it was kinda meh to me, it lacked a spark. Thought again "No biggie, let's see what comes next".
     
  • After this point, she has only released random collabs with different electronic or techo artists, which none of them really hits home like her EP or HANADRIEL.
     
  • She released an EP with Durante, a collab EP,  none of them caught my attention:
    https://open.spotify.com/album/66dgjRn8ntnVt2NpYtcRbF?si=2sf-k7wDR2egRE6g--lAXg
     
  • She recently released this EP and she hardly has vocals on it and it's pretty underwhelming if you are not into this genre (pay mind that it's a collab EP)
    https://open.spotify.com/album/7hBWsXRF3UzahsPs9fgDcp?si=6_4mVx7hS_aAkIe-anDEKg
     

I feel super disappointed by now, but I would love to know your opinions about her latest releases post-HANA EP

I really like those HANA x Durante EP's they are really chill, the only thing I didn't like is Anxious Alien, I don't like the guitar driven songs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Doja Cat said:

I really like those HANA x Durante EP's they are really chill, the only thing I didn't like is Anxious Alien, I don't like the guitar driven songs. 

 

I love guitar driven songs, but that song is just not it. I think that album really suffered of poorly done mixing. Again, it must be because it was done real quick.

 

And yeah, they are really chill, but I just don't like them as HANA releases, I really want a true follow up to her "debut" EP.


Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia/Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin •

Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore/Hayley Williams • 
Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Florrie • HANA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EXODUS said:

 

I love guitar driven songs, but that song is just not it. I think that album really suffered of poorly done mixing. Again, it must be because it was done real quick.

 

And yeah, they are really chill, but I just don't like them as HANA releases, I really want a true follow up to her "debut" EP.

I'm pretty sure Durante is the primary artist on those EP'S so it's just a side project collab, Durante did joined EP with another artist as well, Idk I liked the mixing on Hanadriel, I just wished she scrapped Anxious Alien and Creatura, and maybe added vocals on Hanadriel's Theme, I know she had another EP ready for release and she will tour with Rina Sawayama so that will build the hype for something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2020 at 10:38 PM, EXODUS said:

Her debut EP was hauntingly beautiful, very ethereal. 

I had big expectations about the debut album as HANA and I take it more as a rushed experiment, most of the songs sound the same, so I want her to make another proper EP or album with a different sound. 

 

I wonder what happened to her second EP with Black Hole in it. 

 

This new single is just... Not it. It sounds bland to me and makes me 0 excited. 

 

Satellites is the most similar to her debut EP, and Black Hole is cute too. 


pretty much this. “Meh” just about covers it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Doja Cat said:

I'm pretty sure Durante is the primary artist on those EP'S so it's just a side project collab, Durante did joined EP with another artist as well, Idk I liked the mixing on Hanadriel, I just wished she scrapped Anxious Alien and Creatura, and maybe added vocals on Hanadriel's Theme, I know she had another EP ready for release and she will tour with Rina Sawayama so that will build the hype for something. 

 

As far as I know, she had this prepared before releasing HANADRIEL:

  • "When U Call" single, she is featured in this BloodPop single, the art was posted on IG but now the comments are locked, weird.
  • EP with old songs including "Black Hole"
  • EP with new music

Who knows in which of those two EPs "SO&SO" belongs tho.


Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia/Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin •

Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore/Hayley Williams • 
Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Florrie • HANA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

 

As far as I know, she had this prepared before releasing HANADRIEL:

  • "When U Call" single, she is featured in this BloodPop single, the art was posted on IG but now the comments are locked, weird.
  • EP with old songs including "Black Hole"
  • EP with new music

Who knows in which of those two EPs "SO&SO" belongs tho.

Did she say something on Chester's twitch stream? That stream was almost 4 hours long and I didn't watch the whole stream? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Doja Cat said:

Did she say something on Chester's twitch stream? That stream was almost 4 hours long and I didn't watch the whole stream? 

 

I didn't watch it as well, I didn't know about the stream lol


Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia/Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin •

Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore/Hayley Williams • 
Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Florrie • HANA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2021 at 11:46 PM, EXODUS said:

 

I didn't watch it as well, I didn't know about the stream lol

I am watching it rn! 

 

So the time between HANA EP and Hanadriel she worked on a major studio AAA videogame that sadly got scrapped. She is preparing to make more music on twitch streams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Doja Cat said:

I am watching it rn! 

 

So the time between HANA EP and Hanadriel she worked on a major studio AAA videogame that sadly got scrapped. She is preparing to make more music on twitch streams

oh damn, that's a shame, it would've been amazing for her.

I'm not loving the idea of her making more music on twitch streams tbh, i just want her to focus on her craft instead of listening to thousands of people 


Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia/Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin •

Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore/Hayley Williams • 
Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Florrie • HANA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, EXODUS said:

oh damn, that's a shame, it would've been amazing for her.

I'm not loving the idea of her making more music on twitch streams tbh, i just want her to focus on her craft instead of listening to thousands of people 

Yeah she said she is also releasing the EP that will be Black Hole, So & So and another song we didn't hear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Doja Cat said:

Yeah she said she is also releasing the EP that will be Black Hole, So & So and another song we didn't hear. 

 

Excited for this!


Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia/Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin •

Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore/Hayley Williams • 
Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Florrie • HANA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...