Eulonzo

Britney Spears

1 hour ago, Tristesse said:

I grew up listening to Britney and was a literal fan, I'm so mad to have become a hater now. Swimming in the Stars sounds straight out of 2012 :smh:

giphy.gif

20 hours ago, Tristesse said:

I grew up listening to Britney and was a literal fan, I'm so mad to have become a hater now. Swimming in the Stars sounds straight out of 2012 :smh:

I mean I'm not a hater but I have to agree. It's like a generic track that could be by any white blonde pop singer from  around 2015 like Bebe Rexha, Zara Larsson, Julia Michaels, Olivia O'Brien, Pia Mia lol. You know?

whats going on? new single? or glory deluxe the re up extended fan demanded 3.0 edition again?

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

36 minutes ago, Jord said:

Still mad they're tryna shove this "on demand" tag down our throats tho.

It kinda made sense the first time - even though I still hated it - but it got ridiculous af when the remixes were released. I don't use Spotify casually though bc I prefer files so I just took them out of my tags :creep:

7 minutes ago, jvcx said:

It kinda made sense the first time - even though I still hated it - but it got ridiculous af when the remixes were released. I don't use Spotify casually though bc I prefer files so I just took them out of my tags :creep:

Yeah, I use Apple Music so I don't have to deal with tags that I don't like, and also use a ton of local files (specially artists I like the most). But this is just ridiculous in fact.

Can we talk about Glory 2020 and the conservatorship for a sec without getting all pedantic and rude? I know some Britney fans don’t think there’s an ulterior motive concerning this rerelease and I just want to ask why you think that if you’ve read her court records (especially her recent ones). Not hating or judging or anything because we all clearly care about her. I’m just curious and I want to see both sides so if someone could explain a little then I’d be very grateful ?

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

On 12/12/2020 at 4:40 AM, Angelic Tropico said:

Can we talk about Glory 2020 and the conservatorship for a sec without getting all pedantic and rude? I know some Britney fans don’t think there’s an ulterior motive concerning this rerelease and I just want to ask why you think that if you’ve read her court records (especially her recent ones). Not hating or judging or anything because we all clearly care about her. I’m just curious and I want to see both sides so if someone could explain a little then I’d be very grateful ?

Honestly, I was unsure how I felt about this release... However, I genuinely believe that this has Britney's consent (if not her idea). She confirmed she supported the Glory reissue earlier in the year, as a thank you to fans we were given a new album cover and Mood Ring on all platforms. I imagine this was something that had to be discussed with RCA and realistically (other than the vinyl) neither of these reissues are gonna create a revenue for her or her team.

Obviously it has come to light that Britney has no desire to perform or work as a popstar until things in her personal life have changed... Although, Britney is clearly a creative, whether she's dancing, singing, painting, cooking etc. And I imagine doing this sorta project allows her to still be creative, and communicating with her fans whilst not really benefiting the people around her (i.e. her Dad and co.). She thanked Matthew Koma for his work on Swimming In The Stars directly via Instagram, which makes me think she's obviously aware of the song being released. Plus this being a 2015 song makes me think it was a personal choice by Britney. Backstreet Boys confirmed Matches was recorded in 2017, so I imagine there's more post-Glory stuff that her team would've used if they were in control.

I imagine it was also down to her input, that we got the original photos from David; he made it very clear that he loved Britney and only pulled out of the visuals due to a disagreement with her team in 2016 - therefore I can't see him wanting them using his images or even him posting / promoting them if it weren't at Britney's own request?

All in all though, I'm pleased they tried to rectify the missteps of the Glory era and we got some new music / visuals this year. I added Swimming In The Stars and created my own version of the album... Adding some of the deluxe tracks and Swimming... makes this feel more complete and more of a Britney project in my opinion.

01. Invitation

02. Make Me...

03. Private Show

04. Man On The Moon

05. If I'm Dancing

06. Do You Wanna Come Over?

07. Slumber Party

08. Love Me Down

09. Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)

10. Swimming In The Stars

11. Clumsy

12. What You Need

On 12/12/2020 at 5:40 AM, Angelic Tropico said:

I agree with everything @bored said, this Glory re-release is clearly part of Britney's way of saying "thank you" to her fans following #justiceforGlory.

I'm gonna be honest, listening to the new songs (aside from Mood Ring), there's clearly a reason why they were originally left off the album, they're just not that good; but I think as a gesture and just as a way for Britney to give back to the fans, it's incredibly sweet. At the same time, Britney's "working strike" is (rightfully) still in place, and the profit from this re-release is negligible. A limited vinyl reissue sold for € 23.99 isn't going to make anyone rich in 2020, and the streaming stats for the new tracks are beyond tragic since outside of die-hard fans, nobody cares/cared about these "new" songs. 

So yeah, I do respect the decision of everyone who refused to buy/stream Glory 2020 and rather just downloaded the new songs illegally, and yes, of course you can never be 100 % sure about the circumstances, but at the same time I don't think you can blame anyone who accepted Britney's "gift". Personally, I am very happy that I decided to get the vinyl, it's gorgeous and it's what Glory deserved from the beginning (especially knowing how much the album has always meant to Britney herself too). 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

7 hours ago, bored said:

Honestly, I was unsure how I felt about this release... However, I genuinely believe that this has Britney's consent (if not her idea). She confirmed she supported the Glory reissue earlier in the year, as a thank you to fans we were given a new album cover and Mood Ring on all platforms. I imagine this was something that had to be discussed with RCA and realistically (other than the vinyl) neither of these reissues are gonna create a revenue for her or her team.

Obviously it has come to light that Britney has no desire to perform or work as a popstar until things in her personal life have changed... Although, Britney is clearly a creative, whether she's dancing, singing, painting, cooking etc. And I imagine doing this sorta project allows her to still be creative, and communicating with her fans whilst not really benefiting the people around her (i.e. her Dad and co.). She thanked Matthew Koma for his work on Swimming In The Stars directly via Instagram, which makes me think she's obviously aware of the song being released. Plus this being a 2015 song makes me think it was a personal choice by Britney. Backstreet Boys confirmed Matches was recorded in 2017, so I imagine there's more post-Glory stuff that her team would've used if they were in control.

I imagine it was also down to her input, that we got the original photos from David; he made it very clear that he loved Britney and only pulled out of the visuals due to a disagreement with her team in 2016 - therefore I can't see him wanting them using his images or even him posting / promoting them if it weren't at Britney's own request?

All in all though, I'm pleased they tried to rectify the missteps of the Glory era and we got some new music / visuals this year. I added Swimming In The Stars and created my own version of the album... Adding some of the deluxe tracks and Swimming... makes this feel more complete and more of a Britney project in my opinion.

01. Invitation

02. Make Me...

03. Private Show

04. Man On The Moon

05. If I'm Dancing

06. Do You Wanna Come Over?

07. Slumber Party

08. Love Me Down

09. Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)

10. Swimming In The Stars

11. Clumsy

12. What You Need

How did she confirm she supported Glory 2020 (not just mood ring - the whole album)? We know from her court records that, from 2018, Baby One More Mark manages all of her social media which surprise surprise Jaime is in charge of. There have been no videos of Brit talking about how excited she was Glory 2020 (as far as I’ve seen) - only text posts. Because of all this, I’m skeptical of any and all social media announcements. In The Zone stuff was posted to her social media too which made it look like she loved it when she didn’t. If she confirmed it on her social media, how can we trust it?

Also, another reason I don’t believe that she was involved with this is because of the “giving thanks” section on the back. She personally thanks Lou, Larry and Tristar. That makes no sense to me. She’s thanking her “stalker” employees and the company stealing her money that is run by her abusive father whom she hasn’t spoken to since August and has a restraining order against her sons? Why would she do that?

We only got mood ring and those album pics because we nagged and nagged. They didn’t do it just because (hence the by demand). I can totally see how she was excited about those things but Glory 2020? I’m not so sure. With everything that’s going on, I just really don’t see how she had any say in this

This is just my opinion tho. Obviously I don’t know everything

8 minutes ago, Angelic Tropico said:

How did she confirm she supported Glory 2020 (not just mood ring - the whole album)? We know from her court records that, from 2018, Baby One More Mark manages all of her social media which surprise surprise Jaime is in charge of. There have been no videos of Brit talking about how excited she was Glory 2020 (as far as I’ve seen) - only text posts. Because of all this, I’m skeptical of any and all social media announcements. In The Zone stuff was posted to her social media too which made it look like she loved it when she didn’t. If she confirmed it on her social media, how can we trust it?

multiple insiders, who confirmed the re-release and the new tracks way before they were announced, have already said that britney herself proposed mood ring's release. they said that britney contacted RCA to get mood ring on streaming sites, and also pushed for a new cover

Also, another reason I don’t believe that she was involved with this is because of the “giving thanks” section on the back. She personally thanks Lou, Larry and Tristar. That makes no sense to me. She’s thanking her “stalker” employees and the company stealing her money that is run by her abusive father whom she hasn’t spoken to since August and has a restraining order against her sons? Why would she do that?

yeah this is obviously not her

We only got mood ring and those album pics because we nagged and nagged. They didn’t do it just because (hence the by demand). I can totally see how she was excited about those things but Glory 2020? I’m not so sure. With everything that’s going on, I just really don’t see how she had any say in this

This is just my opinion tho. Obviously I don’t know everything

as said before, insiders confirmed she pushed for the re-release herself. even so, jamie and lou arent going to be making a lot from this - it'll mostly be RCA. it makes no sense for jamie to want a re-release because they'll be getting so little from it. they're going to be pushing for the release of stuff like the In the Zone exhibit bc that's where their money will be made

the whole thing is murky and confusing, but the biggest takeway is that britney herself is pushing for the re-release. you can choose to support it or not, but it's not exactly as clear cut as britney vs jamie 

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

6 hours ago, SlowGinFizzzz said:

At the same time, Britney's "working strike" is (rightfully) still in place, and the profit from this re-release is negligible. A limited vinyl reissue sold for € 23.99 isn't going to make anyone rich in 2020, and the streaming stats for the new tracks are beyond tragic since outside of die-hard fans, nobody cares/cared about these "new" songs. 

So yeah, I do respect the decision of everyone who refused to buy/stream Glory 2020 and rather just downloaded the new songs illegally, and yes, of course you can never be 100 % sure about the circumstances, but at the same time I don't think you can blame anyone who accepted Britney's "gift". Personally, I am very happy that I decided to get the vinyl, it's gorgeous and it's what Glory deserved from the beginning (especially knowing how much the album has always meant to Britney herself too). 

I think is where a lot of the misunderstanding is concerning “boycott Glory”. We know that the profit is negligible - that’s not why we’re saying to boycott the album. It’s because (as predicted) Jaime has used this success in court to defend himself.

”Whether working with or without a co-conservator, Mr Spears has performed his job well. This is not an opinion”

”He has revived her career”

”He should be commended, not suspended”

- All quotes from Jamie’s attorney in court

No good has come to Britney because of this re-release.

Also, this might just be me being pessimistic but I think you definitely can blame anyone who accepted the album. It could be fine and great but it could be extremely detrimental so why risk it? Brit’s always said that she doesn’t mind if people illegally download her music so why not do that just in case? Why risk helping her father maintain his abusive conservatorship when you didn’t have to?