lflflflflflflflflflf

[Pre-order] Lana Del Rey Lyrics Anthology BOOK

tl;dr

#FirstWorldProblems

The money I got from the book and my student loan was a great excuse to leave my shitty job, so I did it! The money would hold me over until I got a new job.

No, no, no. When you owe people money, you don't leave a shitty job unless and until you find another one.

The first things I did with the money was pay off my iMac - the source of a lot of stress for me prior to the payment because I was paying £100 a month for it. It’s the 27” retina one I bought on a plan for my filmmaking/graphic design. I had 15 months of it left so that was an easy £1,500 gone. I paid off the last few months of my phone bill as well which was like £300. I was also far into my overdraft as well so it was good to be back in the green again with this money. (This was all done with the profit. The profit margin was huge, I must admit.)

At this point, I had £3000 left of the fund which is still enough. I’ve already spent my profit and what I could spend.

Stop. Talking. You're making it so much worse. :facepalm:
The money you got was to produce the product and fulfill your obligations. AFTER doing that and ONLY THEN should you have spent any of the money on personal expenses.

I still had to pay for food, and my Netflix subscription - which we all know is essential to human existence.

It's really not. I don't have Netflix or cable or anything even though I could easily afford it. It's definitely not essential when you can't. Especially when you owe people money. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices in life, and this hardly even qualifies.

Around November time, something came up and my mum needed to fly back home and she knew I had this book project going on so she asked for some money and of course I let her take it so I bought her flight so she could go home to see the family.

It really dawned upon me now that I’m actually losing money to make the book.

As you should. Tons of other people have lost money on your book too. Boo hoo.

As touching as your little family story is, unless it's a matter of life or death, it's just wrong to spend other people's money like that.

I was not allowed to print any photos of Lana! Duh, I. Should. Have. Known. And so, I hit this wall. How could I print a gorgeous leather bound Lana book if I couldn’t even have her fucking face in it! I was angry at myself for being so naive that the company would be happy to go “okay, doesn’t seem like a problem!” and print it! Silly me.

Yup.

So at that point, I was back to square one and I didn’t update it because I didn’t want anyone to be disappointed in me. I was already two months late with the book and I had secretly used more of your money than I had ever wanted to, and I felt even worse because I was hiding it from all of the people who supported me.

As harsh as my tone may sound, I do understand what it's like to make dumb financial mistakes when you're young and the shame that goes with it. (I racked up so many parking tickets in college I got my car towed twice and wasted over a thousand dollars.) But you need to take ownership of them and the consequences. And hopefully learn from them.

And so, I was unemployed and had to fund myself through November and December with your money. I still feel terribly bad buying my nephew and my family presents with money that wasn’t mine.

Make it stop. You're gonna wear out your shovel on this hole you keep digging.

IT WASN'T YOUR MONEY TO SPEND ON GIFTS FOR PEOPLE.

IT WAS YOUR CHOICE TO QUIT YOUR JOB.

So I decided to quit university and look for a full time job to recoup what I had overspent. So I can gather back the money and work on designing the book.

While I normally wouldn't recommend quitting school, this is the first faint hint of responsibility in your whole spiel.

Nobody wanted to hire me then and nobody wants to hire me now - I’ve had some great interviews but for whatever reason, they just stop emailing me back! Which is annoying because I believe I’m a perfectly functioning member of society with no criminal record or dodgy personality traits.

Ummm... :biblio: 

Should I work my ass off to get money back to print the book, or should I work my ass off to cancel the project and repay everybody back (this would take longer).

I (thankfully) didn't buy a book, and this should be up to the people who did, but if it were up to me, I think you should cut all expenses possible and just work your ass off to pay everyone back as soon as fucking possible. (I mean, even reprinting the lyrics might get you into trouble with copyright.) Chalk this up to a hard-earned life lesson. And then afterwards hopefully go back to school as soon as you're ready and able.

#EvilFinancialTips

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

So after promising to update everyday he decides to close his Twitter. Thank god I didn't buy a book. God always #blesses me with #lüçk. And a guy last month said he wants to take it to court 

literally cannot believe he then basically deleted the twitter account he said he was going to update on and also stopped posting on tumblr. There is no doubt he is trying to avoid paying people. it is fraud and a crime. I honestly hope he faces repercussions 

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

tl;dr

#FirstWorldProblems

No, no, no. When you owe people money, you don't leave a shitty job unless and until you find another one.

Stop. Talking. You're making it so much worse. :facepalm:

The money you got was to produce the product and fulfill your obligations. AFTER doing that and ONLY THEN should you have spent any of the money on personal expenses.

It's really not. I don't have Netflix or cable or anything even though I could easily afford it. It's definitely not essential when you can't. Especially when you owe people money. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices in life, and this hardly even qualifies.

As you should. Tons of other people have lost money on your book too. Boo hoo.

As touching as your little family story is, unless it's a matter of life or death, it's just wrong to spend other people's money like that.

Yup.

As harsh as my tone may sound, I do understand what it's like to make dumb financial mistakes when you're young and the shame that goes with it. (I racked up so many parking tickets in college I got my car towed twice and wasted over a thousand dollars.) But you need to take ownership of them and the consequences. And hopefully learn from them.

Make it stop. You're gonna wear out your shovel on this hole you keep digging.

IT WASN'T YOUR MONEY TO SPEND ON GIFTS FOR PEOPLE.

IT WAS YOUR CHOICE TO QUIT YOUR JOB.

While I normally wouldn't recommend quitting school, this is the first faint hint of responsibility in your whole spiel.

Ummm... :biblio: 

I (thankfully) didn't buy a book, and this should be up to the people who did, but if it were up to me, I think you should cut all expenses possible and just work your ass off to pay everyone back as soon as fucking possible. (I mean, even reprinting the lyrics might get you into trouble with copyright.) Chalk this up to a hard-earned life lesson. And then afterwards hopefully go back to school as soon as you're ready and able.

#EvilFinancialTips

Thank you so much for the clear comments! I have never loved a reply this much

I remember like @@Anthem I think was planning (and i mean they were like on their shit, they made sure everyone interested was part of it) to make AKA CDs and like before anything even officially started they got confirmation that the project would somehow be impossible to do because of copyright or whatever (they explained why really well). but like then I remember this project popping up (AFTER THE WHOLE AKA SITUATION) and I was like what?????????? like i dont even understand how this project actually got so much money? i honestly didnt even know any of this was going on? i thought moy was just channelling his inner @@SitarHero and grew too old/busy for this site. idk how to put this nicely so ill just say it -- yall are dumb as well

via twitter

CgtlEhKWYAA0UOy.jpgCgtlEhaWwAAlH-V.jpgCgtlEgtWMAAU_rX.jpg

Meanwhile, he's actively participating in the trading community of other forums. Not judging, collecting music is fun but I think he should set his priorities straight if he wants to fix all this. Just my thoughts on this whole mess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1. Don't give money to someone who doesn't have the physical product in-hand to ship to you immediately. So things like this don't happen and so you can actually see the thing to know if its worth your money.
  2. Don't buy from someone looking to make a profit. Its ugly and crosses way more legal and ethical lines than just making the stuff.

I stick to the rule of "if I want it that bad, I'll find a way to make it myself".

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Meanwhile, he's actively participating in the trading community of other forums. Not judging, collecting music is fun but I think he should set his priorities straight if he wants to fix all this. Just my thoughts on this whole mess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was literally about to post this haha, he's such a cunt.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I remember like @@Anthem I think was planning (and i mean they were like on their shit, they made sure everyone interested was part of it) to make AKA CDs and like before anything even officially started they got confirmation that the project would somehow be impossible to do because of copyright or whatever (they explained why really well). but like then I remember this project popping up (AFTER THE WHOLE AKA SITUATION) and I was like what?????????? like i dont even understand how this project actually got so much money? i honestly didnt even know any of this was going on? i thought moy was just channelling his inner @@SitarHero and grew too old/busy for this site. idk how to put this nicely so ill just say it -- yall are dumb as well

:toofunny: scathing

but yes, i remember the sad realisation that the AKA project couldn't go on, however it still resulted in something positive as people (myself included) printed their own copies. Perhaps Moy could offer something similar and release the prints to people who paid for it so they can have the option to create their own somehow if they wish. After all this mess I feel it would at least make the situation a little less sour. Obviously they should receive financial reimbursement too, but like many others here, I can't help but get that sense this is not being taken care of with the sense of urgency it deserves.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg