brooklynbaby91

The crowds at Lana shows

So I've never gone to a Lana show before but I'm seeing her in June in NY, and I've been looking up some experiences people have had at her concerts. I keep seeing comments from different people saying that her crowds are horrible. That people are rude and give off "shady" or just plain bad vibes. 

Can anyone say what their experiences have been at her shows and if the people who go are really that bad?

149o3h3.jpg

I was curious to know how the pit crowds have been during this Endless Summer tour as well!!!

To answer your question from previous tours, the crowds in Chicago have been fucking terrible lol.

When I saw her at Austin City Limits last year, the crowds were amazing and chill and cool (majority were Eminem fans tho)...

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

In Toronto everyone was nice. Except this one kid who started to plan how he'd beat everyone up to get a spot in front row... but everyone else was chill. We shared donuts.

Well you're in for a treat because it's the Governor's Ball, and there's gonna be a shit ton of people... good luck  :flutter:

Well luckily I have a VIP wristband and we're supposed to have access to a better area near the stage.

@@fessle how were the Chicago crowds terrible? Like what did the people do exactly?

149o3h3.jpg

:rip:  :rip:  :rip:

I honestly think it depends on where you live. I watched that video and it scared me so much I almost resold my ticket lol. The reality was much better. Protip: To avoid pushing stay near the side of the stage.

I'm from Chicago. & the crowds were terrible from her previous tour. I went to her 2013 lollapalooza aftershow in Chicago. The crowds weren't bad at all. Her 2nd tour after that, the crowds were insane. Not just for Chicago. For the majority of the cities. This time around live nation is in control and its more organized. Yes the pit can be crazy sometimes but hey thats the pit for you.

The crowds are probably bigger now than some of the shows last year. (excluding festivals where other bigger artists are performing at the same show).

In watching every clip i can find, for each of the endless summer shows so far, the crowds seem not as frantic and wild as they previous year. I think that might be due to

the fact its a larger crowd than before, and the core fans from before whom were truly madly crazy in love with Lana del rey, (like someone mentioned here awhile back), makes up a smaller portion of the crowd..you may have a number of people at these shows, that are not as die hard fans, as before.. so a more 'calm' crowd it seems to me.. i still here lots of screaming from the diehards in the front rows though..

I've seen that happen to plenty of bands as they got bigger over the years..its kinda weird the way 'getting bigger' works for some more intimate artists. I agree with Lana (if she actually think this way)- the smaller more intimate venues, suits her style better than a large or huge festival stage.Lots of people i know just go to every big show they can, even if they don't know most of the artists songs..LOL..just for the big crowd scene. Doesnt, really matter to me, its not a popularity contest, could care less how many people go to the show and say good or bad things about it. I think she sounds great.

Well luckily I have a VIP wristband and we're supposed to have access to a better area near the stage.

@@fessle how were the Chicago crowds terrible? Like what did the people do exactly?

The Chicago crowds are horrible lol

The girls I have had to deal with are annoying as fuck, they are violent with their elbows and feet and scream into your ears.

I've been to many concerts and festivals but I dread Lana's crowds. I am confident this upcoming show for me won't be half as bad because the pit will be less psychotic.

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

I saw Lana just last year in 2014 in May, in Chicago at the Aragon Ballroom. There were different types of people there. I met another really hardcore fan and I talked with him throughout the entire show, he was really funny and cool. Then, on the other hand, there were people shoving up against my back the ENTIRE time trying to get to the front.... and I was in the middle of the GA floor. I have no idea how they could even think that they would get to the front all the way from the middle, but whatever. A lot of the fans were really possessive of Lana and acted like she belonged to them, I hate fans like that. It's like, she's a fucking human being. If you wanted to meet her so bad, you would have gotten there and camped out or something the night before. I hope the pits are better this time around.  :facepalm:

Lana-Del-Rey-adorable-gif-lana-del-rey-3

I saw Lana just last year in 2014 in May, in Chicago at the Aragon Ballroom. There were different types of people there. I met another really hardcore fan and I talked with him throughout the entire show, he was really funny and cool. Then, on the other hand, there were people shoving up against my back the ENTIRE time trying to get to the front.... and I was in the middle of the GA floor. I have no idea how they could even think that they would get to the front all the way from the middle, but whatever. A lot of the fans were really possessive of Lana and acted like she belonged to them, I hate fans like that. It's like, she's a fucking human being. If you wanted to meet her so bad, you would have gotten there and camped out or something the night before. I hope the pits are better this time around.  :facepalm:

are you going to tinley park!!! =)

I'm from the MA and CT area and holy, I saw her at the Toyota Oakdale last year and it was...a nightmare. The crowd was but Lana was the complete opposite, she was amazing. In the line I met some awesome people but we got separated. Once everyone was in the venue the line was non-existent it was a blob. People working there were yelling telling everyone to calm down or they would send us home. Eventually they opened one door to let everyone into the arena and I am so happy I survived. Everyone was smashing there way through and I got stuck (my hair and arm) going through. I got out but I'm pretty sure I lost some hair and skin. I was honestly miserable even though I tried not to be. I was sweating, my hair was getting stuck in everyone's armpits, and I couldn't breathe. Plus this girl in front of me didn't realize she was in a pit and kept elbowing me in the stomach the whole time. She also kept taking my hand when I reached out and throwing it back. (I was third row) There were great people...and crap people. Also I wanted to buy merch after but there was just a huge blob of people that kept forming so I called it a night. And some youtube person lolanthony i guess was there...and people were freaking over him (he got there right when the show started and cut everyone he got front). There was my rant lol. I'm seeing her in June and nothing is gonna bum me down this time. Prepared for the crazies.

I've been looking up a lot of videos of past Governors Ball crowds and they seem really chill compared to the pit in the video from that San Francisco show. In all the videos I've seen there are a lot of people but no pushing or shoving and some even show a lot of room to dance so people aren't squished together. I hope it's like that for Lana's set this year.  :hdu:

149o3h3.jpg

South American fans may be the creaziest in the whole world, especially in Brazil, Argentina and probably Mexico. The fans at Lana's show in Buenos Aires were all young adults (18-25) so of course it wasn't going to be a nightmare. I was in front row and no one really hit me or tried to steal my spot lol but the screams were insane. However, it was NOTHING compared to other Argentine fans...

One Direction played at a stadium with a capacity of 50,000 people, but somehow another 10,000 managed to enter the stadium without a ticket.

Some crazy Ed Sheeran fan stole his phone.

A lot of things were stolen from Lady Gaga's show here.

Justin Bieber fans literally destroyed the hotel and a huge part of the stadium.

And much more...

Lana had luck :) Lol

So I've never gone to a Lana show before but I'm seeing her in June in NY, and I've been looking up some experiences people have had at her concerts. I keep seeing comments from different people saying that her crowds are horrible. That people are rude and give off "shady" or just plain bad vibes. 

Can anyone say what their experiences have been at her shows and if the people who go are really that bad?

As some have already said, it depends largely on both the venue and the people.  My personal experience was that the people were really cool in the line.  Everyone was there for the same reason.  Those of us with Silver VIP tickets got in first, and got good spots.  The pit was crowded, and, well... a typical pit.  I was in the front row against the barricade.  Every time Lana got close to our side, I felt the whole pit surge forward and I was pushed up against the barricade.  I didn't let that deter me from enjoying the concert, but just be prepared.

In Toronto everyone was nice. Except this one kid who started to plan how he'd beat everyone up to get a spot in front row... but everyone else was chill.

There was someone similar to that in my crowd, too. :)

Protip: To avoid pushing stay near the side of the stage.

That's true, but staying to the side pretty much kills any chance you have of getting a selfie or interacting with Lana, if that's your goal.

I hope the pits are better this time around.  :facepalm:

Pits are always a bit of a madhouse...

I'm seeing her in June and nothing is gonna bum me down this time. Prepared for the crazies.

Indeed!  Preparation is key.

In all the videos I've seen there are a lot of people but no pushing or shoving and some even show a lot of room to dance so people aren't squished together. I hope it's like that for Lana's set this year.  :hdu:

If you're in the pit, dancing will be out of the question.  Trust me. :)  You'll be shoulder to shoulder.

The Lana concert i went to was pretty cool, however it was quite at the start of the Paradise tour and at a quite small venue, so I don't know how many crazy scremo-fans she had back then. People sang along and some screamed but it was appropriate for a concert and not annoying. Noone drowned her out or acted too crazy, even though all the people startet to run like a herd of cows when the doors were opened.

However, I imagine Lana-concerts now similar to the Marina concert I went to recently and this was terrible .... people which weren't singing but SCREAMING along, so you could barely hear her at some times ...

Oh and prepare to not-see-anything because people are more worried about getting pics/videos on their Iphones/Ipads/Selfiesticks than actually enjoying the concert.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!