CarlPFisher

Lana's Nicknames/Terms of Endearment

Hey All,

I have a interesting question for some of the fans out there. I like to consider myself a nearly obsessed/passionate fan of Lana but I have noticed two terms that people use that are very confusing to me. I have heard the term Queen and Mom.

I can understand Queen because I have heard it referenced in her music such 'Queen of Disaster' and also the reference to a 'Queen' of pop which has been a term of endearment for great musicians such as Tina Turner and others. I do not know the exact origin of this moniker but I respect it and would like to know.

On the other hand, I have heard the term 'mom' used by a  fan of hers on youtube titled, "Lana Del Rey Got a Restraining Order on Me" and it seems weird since A) Lana is firmly a Millennial (born in '85) and the fan was likely a Millennial B) It seems a little insulting to your actual mother. This was the  only qualm I had with the video as I think the term is rather odd but then again I am unaware what terms are used by high school kids so I may just be out of the loop.

Thank you all for the help! 

All the best,

Carl

There is no "official" nickname for her, per say. The majority refer to her as Lana or Lizzy.

Now, for that video, "Lana Del Rey Got a Restraining Order on Me" 

tumblr_inline_n5h3u87UMx1rvcuty.gif

ignore the person who made that video, he is a notorious youtuber hoe alien brainwashing our youth.

"Mom" is used nowadays by teenage fans to describe their favorite #1 female singer.. It is not meant to be taken seriously, more of a "Zac Efron is my boyfriend, he slays, omg yasss" joking kind of way.  

Also, everyone calls their favorite #1 female singer "queen" as well.  It may have been a special nickname to be called such as the example you gave for Tina Turner, but it is now thrown loosely around.such.asforAllieX

To be precise, ten years ago hot actors would be called 'boyfriend/husband' by teenage fangirls. But when a gay teenager feels the same way about a female artist, he can't call her his girlfriend because he is gay. So the next closest thing is 'mom'. Still, very weird, but somewhat understandable.

Joke or not, let's explain the use of "mom" by stans

Like Kesha ~ in wise words ~ once said, stans call their faves mom because 'she gives them life'

Yes, somehow it has a reason.

:toofunny:

Mom and queen because they're positions of power for females, duh.

I thought this was to come up with cute names for lana, specifically related names. Like pretty baby or Pepsi cola lover hehe.

Hey All,

Thank you very much for this response! It is not a joke it is a serious question that has bugged me. My name is actually my username as I have literally nothing to hide from any of you. I really like LDR and just want to participate in good discussion about one of my favorite singers and as a slightly older fan (26 is young) I was unsure what these terms meant.

Best,

Carl

Hey All,

Thank you very much for this response! It is not a joke it is a serious question that has bugged me. My name is actually my username as I have literally nothing to hide from any of you. I really like LDR and just want to participate in good discussion about one of my favorite singers and as a slightly older fan (26 is young) I was unsure what these terms meant.

Best,

Carl

full on oldster checking in and also a huge fan. i could be your mother and i mean that in a biological way  :)

i thought this remix by Nick Names was too apropos not to include

https://soundcloud.com/nicknamesofficial/lana-del-rey-born-to-die-nick

On the other hand, I have heard the term 'mom' used by a  fan of hers on youtube titled, "Lana Del Rey Got a Restraining Order on Me" and it seems weird since A) Lana is firmly a Millennial (born in '85) and the fan was likely a Millennial B) It seems a little insulting to your actual mother. This was the  only qualm I had with the video as I think the term is rather odd but then again I am unaware what terms are used by high school kids so I may just be out of the loop.

#lanadelrey #mommy #xavierdolan

I've always referred to Lana as LDR or well Lana.I've never really had a nickname for her tbh

I do like the nickname Betty Spaghetti or Lana Banana :thumb2:  

I find it really strange when fan bases have nicknames like Little Monsters,Katycats ect Its so - not to sound nasty- child like/cringe worthy :brows3: . IDK I'm glad we Lana fans don't go by any fanbase nickname/s officially although unofficially some do like Lipsters for instance...

I do understand the whole Queen/Mother thing. Though (I might lose my LDR fan card here) I never have referred to Lana as Queen.I've always just called her Lana and that for me is good enough.... 

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371